Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Mortmal

Arcane
Looks better indeed but after imperator no one can take it seriously . Esepcially ""We are never going to dumb down our games", approachability vs. accessibility" .

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
No nomadic system
Blessed be the Dark Gods.
God how I hate nomad system. Play as Rus and spend 80% of your time squashing neverending nomads with their ministacks. I've killed about a gazillion of them, more than entire world popultion it seems and they still coming. Like they have cloning vats installed on their horses

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Good they are axing China. Medieval China is a hellhole to simulate without blobbing. Also, HoI approach to provinces is good. It is already there with duchies but they are usually messed up.

ZeniBot

Cipher
3D "Sims" portraits with genetics

CK3 won't feature everything from CK2, but will cut "less missed" features
:decline:
"We are never going to dumb down our games", approachability vs. accessibility
See HOI4 for why this is bullshit
Scope of the map is bigger than in CK2 (not China - but Eastern Tibet), also further to the south
KANGZ
CK3 will be a launch title on XBOX GAME PASS on PC (it's a PC game)
:decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline::decline:
Edit: Its obvious much like with Stellaris that this game is being aimed at Consoles. Stellaris declined massively in quality once they started gearing it towards console play.

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I love how most people in that thread have hearts in right place and those who don't are getting respectfully disagreed to hell. :incline:

FTFY

Thats just a le Reddit downvote, nothing respectful or even disagreeing in it. You just mark the people you don't like with the red, and the people you like with the green, with their post being of zero relevance.

TGSVqoA.jpg

35 people respectively disagree with a guy asking for source? Nope, they disagree because some time earlier or in some other thread he said something against the circlejerk. Like how I had 20 posts marked with retard tags by the catholic gang for one post I made. This is the cancer of forums that is yet to be cured. It is also why 4chan is so popular still.

Preben

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
But it's actually true and happened way into 19th century. The last ones to be converted to Islam at the tip of the sword were the Nuris and this happened in 1890s. This was so late that pagan beliefs there were still contemporary to Victorian era British rule in India.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I love how most people in that thread have hearts in right place and those who don't are getting respectfully disagreed to hell. :incline:

FTFY

Thats just a le Reddit downvote, nothing respectful or even disagreeing in it. You just mark the people you don't like with the red, and the people you like with the green, with their post being of zero relevance.

TGSVqoA.jpg

35 people respectively disagree with a guy asking for source? Nope, they disagree because some time earlier or in some other thread he said something against the circlejerk. Like how I had 20 posts marked with retard tags by the catholic gang for one post I made. This is the cancer of forums that is yet to be cured. It is also why 4chan is so popular still.
LoL if you spend even 5 minutes reading that thread,you would have noticed that this guy is just retarded and constantly ask the most stupid things while white knighting paracucks. By the way,is that you???

Zeriel

Arcane
This looks so bad but it's all so tedious that I can't be bothered to enumerate why here. Props to Paradox for somehow making Imperator look good in comparison, though. Really amazing work in fucking up beyond repair.

If you are offered a job at PDS QA, do not take it. The people of PDS QA are talented, friendly and hardworking. However, they are poorly treated and very badly paid, even when just compared to wages at PDS. They are overworked, with most doing the workload of two people. Their reports and quality verdicts are regularly ignored (ever wondered why most products launch with major issues? this is why). On top of all that, they are regularly disrespected, lied to and blamed for problems. When any of these issues are pointed out to anyone higher up, QA are told that actually all the problems are caused by their “attitude" or “toxicity".

In 2019, Paradox fired all of Publishing QA. We were saddened by the news but understood the decision. However, there was no public or internal announcement of this because management didn't deem it "necessary" to inform the company, or the public, that this had happened. I found out my co-workers had been fired over facebook, it's absurd.

Well, that explains a lot. As we like to say, "choices and consequences".

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Copper, Bronze and collapse of bronze are boring because you practically have one form of govenment, no variation in trade and stuff like this. It will be literally a map with hundreds of tribes with the same trade and govenment. Even military will be somewhat the same.
If you check early proto-empires, like pre-Chathrage, it was basically a bloated tribe, with grossly ineffective territory control methods.

Actually, this should be what makes it interesting. Look at KODP: that's basically your gold standard early era game, and it's one of the best and most flavorful games ever created. Having a game based around tribes instead of nations creates a very intimate and detailed perspective, if you actually bother to reflect that in your design.

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Good they are axing China.
No nomadic system
Blessed be the Dark Gods.

You don't seriously believe the Parajews won't release this stuff as DLCs later on, do you? China was not in the original CK2 either IIRC.

If the game is half-way successful, they will do the same thing they always do. Release DLC after DLC adding everything they can possibly think of.

China will be there, nomads will be there, magic will be there. Again, these things will simply come in form of shekelicious DLCs - just like last time.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

FTFY

TGSVqoA.jpg

LoL if you spend even 5 minutes reading that thread,you would have noticed that this guy is just retarded and constantly ask the most stupid things while white knighting paracucks. By the way,is that you???

You are missing the point. These ratings aren't for the post. They are attached to the post, but they are rating the poster. Even good posts by that poster will get Respectively Disagree x 99, because of other, unrelated posts. This is the forum disease. The "you are right here, but i disagreed with you yesterday on another thread, so fuck you here too". It is le Reddit faggotry of the highest caliber.
And no, its not me. I barely ever post on forums specifically because of this shit. I barely ever post here specifically because of this shit. But hey, be a good piggy and swim around in the shit.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
A current employee writes: “There have been multiple reports of sexual misconduct at the company over the last two years. The ones that were reported have not been handled well at all. With many of them remaining in their positions or power/management over the individuals who reported them. Or even getting promoted “out of the way”

vonAchdorf

Arcane
In the #metoo era and during a time, when alleged sexual harassment is first reported on twitter and not to the police, I take any of the allegations with a grain of salt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom