Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 3

Ethan Duvall

Learned

idk man..crysis 2 bored me :S it was like the same shit every level, the crazy doctor guy "meet me here, kill 100 people, ohh sry I moved here go destroy my stuff meet me here, kill 900 stuff, wups gotta go here" etc etc etc, boring :S

remember when we could have more than 5 trees on screen at a time?

Hurray! Another generic fps shit!

Graphic.. woaw- Gameply- so bad, so uber fucking bad...

:incline:

Wonder if Crytek will turn off comments
banana.gif

Its like Arab Spring :lol:

Peter

Arcane
Oh look, it's exactly like Crysis 2. In fact, if you took out the bow and showed me this footage, I'd have no doubts about it being Crysis 2.

Major :decline: . And this is coming from someone who thought Crysis 2 was good for what it was.

Astral Rag

Arcane
What's with the "X" you see when you hit an enemy in all these modern FPS games. Do the developers believe the average IQ of their customers is so low that they wouldn't realize they had hit an enemy when shown only"pain animations" and gore?

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
What's with the "X" you see when you hit an enemy in all these modern FPS games.

funnily enough they came up with an ingame lore reason for gameplay compasses in Crysis 2

CryNet Nanosuit 2
The N1 was only capable of a visual camera feed and the memory of the wearer itself. To solve this, the N2 uses its own Semiautonomous Enhanced Combat Ops: Neuro-integration Delivery AI (SECOND) which is powered by a parasitic blood-glucose infusion and an electrolytic microstack. The non-sentient chip runs at 1.5 BIPS and instantly integrates remote telemetry and first-person input from up to 6,000 distinct channels (ranging from full spectrum EM to acoustic, barometric, and pheromonal) presenting clear, concise tactical summaries via an interface integrated directly in the visual cortex.

perhaps one day fantasy fps games will too have truly immersive hud like that of the crysis series

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Jesus! What a clusterfuck! I couldn't stomach Crysis 2 after ca. 1 h. This looks more the same. I will pass on this one for sure.

Gord

Arcane
So is it going to be F2P? Or do we have to wait for Crysis 4 for that?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Love those 2008 graphics. Shit gameplay and shit visuals. Thanks a lot, consoles.

Steve

Augur
He is using god mode, right? Playing FPS on a console looks painfully clumsy.

waywardOne

Arcane
Is Crysis 1 on sale anywhere? I want to see what the "good" version of this is.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
NYC is now encapsulated within an artifical hemisphere. So it gives us that Crysis 1 (jungle) and Crysis 2 (urban) feeling, to reach potential maximum audience. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom