Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 3

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Let's be honest guys. The original game wasn't really that stellar. The gameplay quickly degenerated into a pretty boring Predator simulator and even that was made impossible later on. For all the talk of freedom the game supposedly provided, it was pretty linear about everything. I still have no clue why they even made that humungous island, when you only got to see a tiny fraction of it.

Warhead on the other hand was awesome. They made the plot somewhat coherent, spiced up the gameplay and didn't ditch the Koreans in the final chapters like the original. The only thing that I can complain about are the toned down graphics.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Crysis 1 was the last game I played where the game play was designed for PC. Without having to limit functionality to aim with a controller or fit a map in 256 mb of RAM. It showed. It wasn't necessarily better than the games that came before it, but it was good and it sure is pretty.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It could be the best tactical man-shoot ever and RPS would feel the need to act superior over it anyway.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guess mainstream media is trying to pretend they are credible all of a sudden. "Look at me, ma, I can grade AAA stuff with a 7!"

Gerrard

Arcane
They should turn up the contrast some more, I can still kind of see things in the shadows.

Gord

Arcane
Didn't they at some point say that Crysis 3 will be f2p?
When did they change their mind about that?

Guess mainstream media is trying to pretend they are credible all of a sudden. "Look at me, ma, I can grade AAA stuff with a 7!"

After years of 9-10 being for their advertisers, 8 being for generic AAA that they must love to fit in and not get embargoed, and 7 being for everything else unless trying to appeal to the weekly hipster fad, I'm glad to see that we have made this first step.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Courtesy to the Swedish :M, I played an hour or two of Crysis 3.

"Very impressive", is the first thing you're probably gonna say. Graphics and sound are absolutely outstanding. But as you keep playing, you soon realize what a fucking trite piece of shit this game is. You get rushed from one map note to another, like in Crysis 2, only this time the pacing is a lot worse. Stealth bowing Cell dudes to get from A to B, cutscene with Psycho, rush through high grass while being bombarded by laser turrets, wade through some more grass and play matador and bull with Ceph, then the same over again. They sure managed to let those maps look a lot bigger than they actually are. The whole level design is like one big film set. Boring, underwhelming, but pretty. Very pretty.

Welcome to Hollywood Interactive.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Why would you want to play it? Just watch some HD videos, jerk off to the graphics and call it a day.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
True, because games are all about jerking off to the graphics. /skyway

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom