Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 3

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Oh yes there is.

None that I've found yet, unless one of those survey bullshit cracks actually work.

The link he gave me was some bullshit "Complete a survey to download". :lol: If it's by chance a real deal I guess the proper link should be up soon in TPB.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Because there's no difference between Crysis 3 and Wasteland 2.

Yes Wasteland 2 should satisfy everyone's FPS needs, I see your point.

Strawman. Morgoth's comment was not limited to FPS games.

Going by that logic we wouldn't need to play any games anymore.

Never mind the fact that your argument presumes all modern FPS games are terrible... and if they are... then why bother playing simply to 'satisfy a need?' Need to play bad games?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not intentionally, I'm sure. But that's what happens when you take people's responses out of context to make glib remarks.

Not intentionally, I'm sure. But that's what happens when you take people's responses out of context to make glib remarks.

I did do that, yeah. Your initial comment didn't suit Crysis games very well though. It would be more appropriate to apply it to MMS games like Battlefield 3 SP campaign or latest Medal Of Honor - they're pretty and they give you zero choice in how to play them, that is, they're railroaded exactly like COD. Crysis games, at least for the most part, actually allow you to play in whatever way is the most fun to you, so implying that watching a video is the same as playing them is quite incorrect. Crysis series is neither great nor terrible, good for what it is, especially when played for free.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why would you want to play it? Just watch some HD videos, jerk off to the graphics and call it a day.
midlife-crysis3.jpg

Graphics of the Year.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Courtesy to the Swedish :M, I played an hour or two of Crysis 3.

"Very impressive", is the first thing you're probably gonna say. Graphics and sound are absolutely outstanding. But as you keep playing, you soon realize what a fucking trite piece of shit this game is. You get rushed from one map note to another, like in Crysis 2, only this time the pacing is a lot worse. Stealth bowing Cell dudes to get from A to B, cutscene with Psycho, rush through high grass while being bombarded by laser turrets, wade through some more grass and play matador and bull with Ceph, then the same over again. They sure managed to let those maps look a lot bigger than they actually are. The whole level design is like one big film set. Boring, underwhelming, but pretty. Very pretty.

Welcome to Hollywood Interactive.
This is what I don't get. You can have big levels while also having effective player direction. Crysis 3 levels are still pretty big by corridor shooter standards, so why is it that they are so limited in terms of what you can do and where you can go? All that prettiness is just a big non-interactive skybox, but the game really does not need to be that way. They are already visually dense enough that increasing the amount of terrain you can walk on isn't going to make it any more directionless, unless Crytek simply cannot into level design.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I've played so much open world archer lately in Skyrim and Far Cry 3 I feel like Crysis 3 would bore me even more than normal.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
This is what I don't get. You can have big levels while also having effective player direction. Crysis 3 levels are still pretty big by corridor shooter standards, so why is it that they are so limited in terms of what you can do and where you can go? All that prettiness is just a big non-interactive skybox, but the game really does not need to be that way. They are already visually dense enough that increasing the amount of terrain you can walk on isn't going to make it any more directionless, unless Crytek simply cannot into level design.

The issue is that Crysis 3 wants to guide the player like a rat through a mace. It exactly wants you to look at the right time at the right spot, never giving the player a chance to set his own pace and always rushing you along because that stupid Psycho cunt is now with you too. It wants to be a glorified Michael Bay movie.

This was already the case in Crysis 2, but to a lesser extend. They went totally full retard with it in Crysis 3. Also the game is horribly balanced. You can hack turrets, and silent kill while remaining invisible with your bow, making killing and advancing too easy. You can rush through a map in no time. Whereas at the same time if you do get spotted in higher difficulties, you get murdered instantly. Killing and get killed in time lapse.

This game was clearly not made for the patient player in mind.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The issue is that Crysis 3 wants to guide the player like a rat through a mace. It exactly wants you to look at the right time at the right spot, never giving the player a chance to set his own pace and always rushing you along because that stupid Psycho cunt is now with you too. It wants to be a glorified Michael Bay movie.

All other decline aside, 90% of game developers actually wanting to be movie directors is the biggest problem in the industry.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Went to uni yesterday for our Flanders excursion preliminary discussion.

Noticed that Frankfurt is full of goddamn fucking Crysis 3 ad posters. Oh my gods.
CRYSIS 3
ACTION MADE IN FRANKFURT
I feel ashamed of my city now. :(

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
By retards.

Germans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom