Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 3

So, Morgoth gets a warning for refusing to share a crack, but Average Manatee posts a picture of a stretched asshole and is not warned? Only on Codex. :hero:

Advanced Config Tool
As usual in series, in game options are utter shit with barely any indication of what you're actually changing. This nice little tool allows to tweak more, and you can even view explanations next to each setting. To be updated more, too, you can't disable Depth Of Field for now. Gotta say, this game runs like utter shit on GTX460, even on default Medium settings and 1680x1050 resolution FPS drops below 30 sometimes, while game on High looks barely any better than Crysis 2 with MaldoHD mod. Good job Crytek. It's obvious that graphical fidelity nowadays is not about how good stuff looks, it's about how little FPS you get.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
For once, with Crysis 3 AMD's new Bulldozer/Piledriver architecture seems to do quite good in gaming:
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Crysis-3-PC-235317/Tests/Crysis-3-Test-CPU-Benchmark-1056578/

First indication of better multithreading due to 8-core consoles and/or optimization for AMD architecture?

I saw that earlier and there is something seriously wrong there. I mean, they have gk110 as a graphic card there which is basically the latest Titan. So according to that Titan GPU with C2Q 9550 or i3 3220 CPU is barely playable at 1280x720 and no AA/AF.

That would be some serious optimization alright :lol:.

Also, I have hard time to believe that the real difference between hexacore intel and i52500k is so dramatic (20 fps) unless they somehow were able to utilize more than 4 cores and hypertreading. Which never happened in the past for games even to much lower degree.

Gord

Arcane
Looking at these benchmarks here, Crysis 3 at max details seems to be very demanding indeed.
Considering that the aesthetic gains are minor, using those settings is probably pointless save for benchmarking/bragging rights.
We will certainly see improvements for GK110 in the next months, but considering that there is very visible scaling between different CPUs, I doubt that there is a strong GPU limit behind those numbers.
On the other hand, some patches for the game might improve performance a bit...

Advanced Config Tool
As usual in series, in game options are utter shit with barely any indication of what you're actually changing. This nice little tool allows to tweak more, and you can even view explanations next to each setting. To be updated more, too, you can't disable Depth Of Field for now. Gotta say, this game runs like utter shit on GTX460, even on default Medium settings and 1680x1050 resolution FPS drops below 30 sometimes, while game on High looks barely any better than Crysis 2 with MaldoHD mod. Good job Crytek. It's obvious that graphical fidelity nowadays is not about how good stuff looks, it's about how little FPS you get.

30 fps is more cinematic than 60 fps. Crytek is trying to give you a more immersive experience.

So, Morgoth gets a warning for refusing to share a crack, but Average Manatee posts a picture of a stretched asshole and is not warned? Only on Codex. :hero:
I posted nothing. You clicked on a link, so presumably you wanted to go there.

It getting removed is serious :decline:. Codex tradition demands that a goatse link be dropped now and again.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Advanced Config Tool

30 fps is more cinematic than 60 fps. Crytek is trying to give you a more immersive experience.

If the motion blur from Crysis 1 is still there the FPS doesn't really matter that much.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Just started playing it. All I can say is lol. Once again the story follows EA's typical trilogy ending track.

262vamo.png

MCA
What a disgrace. I was actually cautiously looking forward to this. I've had the impression that the game would be more sandboxy like the original and maybe even largely open. I guess it's just Crysis 2 with foliage instead of walls, this time.

At any rate, you could mod the entirety of Crysis 3 into the original Crysis and it would both look and perform better.

Still dreaming about that Stalker meets Crysis open world sandbox game that will never happen.

Psychosick

Novice
What a disgrace. I was actually cautiously looking forward to this. I've had the impression that the game would be more sandboxy like the original and maybe even largely open. I guess it's just Crysis 2 with foliage instead of walls, this time.

At any rate, you could mod the entirety of Crysis 3 into the original Crysis and it would both look and perform better.

Still dreaming about that Stalker meets Crysis open world sandbox game that will never happen.

Yep, Stalker meets Crysis really is an okay idea.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is that mod still alive? All the others that wanted to port STALKER to the Cry Engine seems to have died off.

MCA
That and it's kind of pointless. The original games are fine. When I say Stalker meets Crysis, I mean a sandboxy open world with character interaction, gadgets, etc. expanding on both games.

MetalCraze

Arcane
That was known since day 1. With consoles it's either grass or open worlds.

That and it's kind of pointless. The original games are fine. When I say Stalker meets Crysis, I mean a sandboxy open world with character interaction, gadgets, etc. expanding on both games.

There's nothing gameplay-wise that Crysis can offer over CoP. What's the point?
Setting in Crysis is shit. Crysis levels are smaller than those in CoP too.
Crytek has yet to release its first game actually.

I was quite wrong about this game not looking better than Crysis 2. Overall visuals are pretty sweet even on my customized Medium settings. And it's also quite a bit more fun than Crysis 2 so far, playing on highest difficulty. AI is still sometimes quirky but overall feels improved from earlier games and they spot me while cloaked much easier now.

Bony

Learned
Queued
Finished Crysis 3 in 5 hours, you can finish it without firing a bullet (except bosses).

It was good for what is was worth :M more call of duty and less crysis, and graphics are the best so far in this, now we need a proper game on that engine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom