Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Culpa Innata 2 dead for now

poetic codex

Augur
Due to financial difficulties, apparently Culpa Innata 2 will be released as a book instead of a game.

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/816327/2

A damn shame. I wonder why they didn't go with a kickstarter? That would be a "shut up and take my money!" no brainer for me.

For those who don't know, Culpa Innata was one of the most unique adventure games out there. Dripping with atmosphere (there's that word again), mystery and intrigue. Things start off as a somewhat normal future detective mystery until the clue trail starts to take you down increasingly bizarre, surreal avenues.

You can get the regular version from Steam or the uncut version from the adventure shop

What a damn shame. These devs were one of the good guys, and to think that games like Aliens Colonial Marines can get millions of dollars in funding while indie devs struggle to bring us a sequel to a good game...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Damn. I really liked Culpa Innata (it's not without it's flaws) but the game overall was very enjoyable.

Erebus

Arcane
Culpa Innata had some good things (such as the setting, the puzzles and the main character), but also some serious flaws : the navigation is terrible, useless dialogues are too long and the challenge posed by the investigation is quite artificial. I would have considered buying the second game, but I'm not really surprised to learn that it'll never be made.

I do wish that game developers would stop stretching their plots over more than one game when they have no certainty whatsoever that more than one game will ever exist.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I do wish that game developers would stop stretching their plots over more than one game when they have no certainty whatsoever that more than one game will ever exist.

Classic ploy from the developers for a sequel hook. When said sequel never happens (which is the case most of the time) , butthurt follows.

Anachronox
Bioforge
Gabriel Knight III
Psychonauts
XIII
Beyond good and evil

:rage:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Due to financial difficulties, apparently Culpa Innata 2 will be released as a book instead of a game.

http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/816327/2

A damn shame. I wonder why they didn't go with a kickstarter? That would be a "shut up and take my money!" no brainer for me.

For those who don't know, Culpa Innata was one of the most unique adventure games out there. Dripping with atmosphere (there's that word again), mystery and intrigue. Things start off as a somewhat normal future detective mystery until the clue trail starts to take you down increasingly bizarre, surreal avenues.

You can get the regular version from Steam or the uncut version from the adventure shop

What a damn shame. These devs were one of the good guys, and to think that games like Aliens Colonial Marines can get millions of dollars in funding while indie devs struggle to bring us a sequel to a good game...

That's because there was no Kicksterter back in 2009, when the game was supposed to launch but the company already went broke.

Downloading Meobius Empire Rising demo know and hoping for Culpa Innata 2 substitute.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom