Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cuphead

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I "finished" Cuphead today. Got a lot of Cs, Bs, and As. I began playing on Expert mode, got the Pacifist rating for the two run and guns in island 1 and managed to get an S with the vegetables (easy), the blue ball (not that complicated), and the toads (complicated because of the parry and time, I couldn't seem to get the fight done faster).

Really good game, I thought once I finished I would uninstall and look for something else to play, but I'm amazed it managed to drawn me in to try and get S ratings in everything.

Hardest fights IMO:
  1. Beppi. The only fight that frustrated the hell out of me.
  2. Bee. Very annoying attacks.
  3. Dragon.
  4. King Dice. Mostly because it was goddamn tedious having to get to him, only to die to the fucking cards I didn't manage to jump right over.
  5. Devil. Beat him in 35 minutes.
I think the game's aesthetic does a great job at not frustrating the player. It's so cheerful it's hard to get mad: unsurprisingly, Beppi, the only one who is a major cunt, is the only boss that frustrated me. A lot of people complain about the robot, but once you figure out the best way to tackle the first phase of the fight it isn't hard at all. I died just once to the bullet hell phase, and only because I didn't expect a second bullet swarm after the first one.

Last edited:

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
this game is a killa!

maxresdefault.jpg

fork

Yeah, i was thinking announcement until release, not development time.

Last edited by a moderator:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Just got to the second isle. I'm in love with this game. I think what's most mind-boggling is how every asset in each encounter is unique. I can't imagine how much labour went into the game. Chad really puts all other developers to shame, AAA or indie, especially those who keep using "roguelite" and "procedural generation" as buzzwords for gameplay quality.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My son was 2 when I first showed it to him. Now he is four and wants me to play it while he is pushing buttons on the gamepad next to me. He is afraid of the music and sound effects though, so I have to turn them down.

Last edited:

fork

Nothing is sacred :(

Of course not. All the projects, games or movies, cost millions. They're not charities and 95% or more of the people involved are involved in order to earn a living or make a profit. If there happens to be a good game or film every once in a while, it's an accident every single time where a person with a vision slipped through to a position that enabled them to help the product be more than a product.

passerby

Arcane
Is chromatic aberration an effect in this game, or is it baked permanently into the graphics.

Can you disable it ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom