Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Custom Soundtrack for the Arcanum

Farewell into the night

Hey.

Please recommend me some nice music that will click with the Arcanum.
I want to replay the game and experience it with different soundtrack.

Thanks in advance!

8991.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
Kyuss’s Blues for the Red Sun. This album works well for Arcanum and the Fallouts.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I use drone ambient for everything. Droning atmospheric space music and ambient textures with minimal beats. Pete Namlook, Steve Roach, Harold Budd, Brian Eno, Stars of the Lid, Dilate, KLF, etc.

Lios

Cipher
Maybe this, it's not too intrusive either.

Though, I can't imagine playing Arcanum with different music than the original. For me every track or sound effect etc is perfect
(excluding maybe those annoying monster-midgets' screams when you kill them).

agris

Arcane
Patron
luj1 Eno’s Music for Airports (or a lot of the music for X albums) are definitely good companion music for older rpgs. If you like metal, kyuss has a very drone sound, and more broadly the genre “sludge”, especially bands such as Isis (they had it before ISIL), Sunn, etc.

You do realize that Arcanum comes with one of the best soundtracks ever made, right? One that perfectly aides in creating its tone of faded glories and melancholy?

I'm not sure what you're looking to achieve, so I'll just assume you want something different. How about Darude - Sandstorm?

Farewell into the night

Thank you all for the responses! Keep them comming, if you want.
To those who didn't get my message, don't worry I like Arcanum's original music, just want to experiment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom