Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall in Skyrim, woa

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The things that make Daggerfall cool:
- complex character creation with dozens of skills, as well as advantages and disadvantages such as darkness-powered magery, spell absorption, magic immunity etc
- detailed dressup with over a dozen equipment slots, different individual armor pieces, and clothes to make yourself look fresh
- hundreds of huge dungeons you can get lost in because of how massive they are (even though they get a bit repetitive after a while as they're all constructed from the same building blocks)

The things the Skyrim engine doesn't have:
- complex character creation with dozens of skills, as well as advantages and disadvantages such as darkness-powered magery, spell absorption, magic immunity etc
- detailed dressup with over a dozen equipment slots, different individual armor pieces, and clothes to make yourself look fresh

Something the Skyrim port of Daggerfall likely doesn't have, either:
- hundreds of huge dungeons you can get lost in because of how massive they are (even though they get a bit repetitive after a while as they're all constructed from the same building blocks)

So, what reason is there to play this over Daggerfall Unity?

MWaser

Arbiter
So, what reason is there to play this over Daggerfall Unity?
Daggerfall too hard for Skyrim babies.

Overall though? Doesn't have reason to exist other than some fluff. For people who want a CINEMATIC STORY and AESTHETICS of Daggerfall experience but don't want to play an actual dungeon crawler RPG.

Falksi

Arcane
Dunno whether it's a good or bad thing. On one hand it could really freshen up the experience, on the other it might just highlight how shit it really was.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Daggerfall too hard for Skyrim babies.
I was a Skyrim baby and Daggerfall is tied for first place in the series for me.
You cant fix Skyrim, even if you turn it into a different game.
Supposedly Enderal fixes Skyrim by turning it into a different game.
I mean, kinda. It’s definitely a better game with more difficult combat and more rewarding exploration, better graphics and animation, an experience based leveling system that doesn’t feel tacked on, and which adds new abilities for you to use in combat instead of just % boost to damage, but at its core it has the same basic engine and mechanics. So while I enjoyed the everloving fuck out of it, YMMV. It’s free so I’d recommend that anyone who likes ARPGs to check it out over this crap.

As for the main topic, because of DFUnity there’s no reason for this garbage to exist, go away.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom