Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Daggerfall Unity isnt Vaporware

Miles Davis or John Coltrane?

• Miles Davis

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • John Coltrane

Votes: 48 29.3%
  • Kenny G (kc response)

Votes: 68 41.5%

• Total voters

Luzur

Good Sir
where does the project go from there?

Well i dunno, thats up to the modders, i guess, Interkarma wants to deliver the base game fully functioning and fully moddable, then i guess he is done.

OpenMW i have barely any info on at all, i know i heard the name before but i havent played Morrowind since...well since before Oblivion as released.

Luzur

Good Sir

Also, more AI upscale experiments:

tKW51l8.png

file.php

file.php

They are also upscaling the travel map

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
wonder why bethesda doesnt officially adopt this project.
looks amazing tbh

wonder why bethesda doesnt officially adopt this project.
looks amazing tbh

Probably because they still haven't found a way to crowbar in the Cash Shop, Multiplayer, Bethesda Launcher Exclusivity, and always-online DRM.

m_s0

Arcane
Is it me, or did development rapidly pick up the past year? Kinda surprised to see it this far along after the last time I had a look.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
Why are there crickets out in the freezing cold? Is the wind a constant 25 mph? Also, the snow sound is extremely irritating, and sounds nothing like the real crunch of snow.
Also, I'd rather not have sounds blasting straight into my ear all the time. Why is the cricket constantly chirping on my shoulder? Why can I hear the fireplace as if I were about to roast my head in it even though I'm three rooms away?
Love the idea, but the implementation is frankly awful.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Why are there crickets out in the freezing cold? Is the wind a constant 25 mph? Also, the snow sound is extremely irritating, and sounds nothing like the real crunch of snow.
Also, I'd rather not have sounds blasting straight into my ear all the time. Why is the cricket constantly chirping on my shoulder? Why can I hear the fireplace as if I were about to roast my head in it even though I'm three rooms away?
Love the idea, but the implementation is frankly awful.

Galactic Chicken 28 minutes ago
Sort of an ambient drone of sound is what I'm going for, it's my thing... Can't do anything about the old school SFX though, that's just Daggerfall..

Luzur

Good Sir
Hello everyone.

Description
The purpose of this mod is to replace 2D trees from Daggerfall in 3D model speedtree.
All the models were made under Speedtree, the models are optimized, LOD included as well as the "culled". The polygons have been calculated to be the least greedy possible resource.
The foliage moves under the effect of the wind.

Technical
A lot of optimization work has been done:
Realistic model?
Model "low poly"?
Because the Daggerfall engine was archaic, photo-realistic trees were risky, yet the test was done, boosted by the Unity engine, for the ultimate:
question: What is a tree for a game?
answer: To eat up the resources
Especially since it does not match the mood of the game.

So low poly models? It's really angular and, frankly, it's ugly.

This is how I chose to opt for Billboard trees in the way of Oblivion. 3d models but with flat foliage. This allows for a correct rendering, while having less consumed resources.

Important
I really want to keep the original style of the game. The same colors, the same style of tree, and especially not fantasy. That's why the textures used are not photo-realistic.
icon_cool.gif
Windows MacOS Linux
icon_cool.gif

This is a mod in development and of course, bugs can appear.
Spoiler!
504_16
504_25
506_13
>504_13
>510_13
506_16
507_2
DOWNLOAD: V19/02/19
https://mega.nz/#!jH4lhahK!ztVq621rhrsF ... ZsFeYSgMgo
ATTACHMENTS
file.php

506_13.jpg (148.47 KiB) Viewed 331 times
file.php

504_25.jpg (214.72 KiB) Viewed 331 times
file.php

file.php

504_16.jpg (247.07 KiB) Viewed 331 times
Last edited by Cristalnoir on Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

Luzur

Good Sir
Post Processing Effects

Description
Implementation of the Unity Post processsing stack. Brings ambient occlusion and other effects to Daggerfall Unity.
  • Antialiasing (Fxaa, Taa)
  • Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
  • MotionBlur
  • Depth Of Field
  • Vignette
  • EyeAdaptation
  • Bloom
  • Dithering
Installation
Place postprocessing.dfmod inside StreamingAssets/Mods folder and enable desired effects from mod settings.

Download
AALDjhk.png

Abnosfx.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom