Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daily developer diary

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
7.5. Started a quest called 'Krokodil', couldn't finish it because I was being a lazy fuck.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
9.5. & 10.5. Worked on few quests, other one is a regular 'beat this guy up' type of thing. The other quest, 'Hiding place' is self-explanatory.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
12. & 13.5. Yesterday we had a meeting with Tuomas (the programmer) where we talked about the UI development. Today I created one more fighting quest, next one's will be a bit more complex with some branching, too.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Hey everyone! I've been busy for few months working in Berlin so I haven't been able to do much. I still have few weeks left of my assignment and after that I'll start development and updates again.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
RaMjU61.gif

good shit

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer

I've been working on the first area of the game as we decided to limit the area a bit in the beginning so that the player doesn't get overwhelmed by all the stuff that can be done. At later stages the game becomes more open of course but I think that in the beginning it's better to limit the options so that the player can more easily adjust and learn the basic game mechanics.

I also started art direction again, but I'm not going to show any samples at this point as they would spoil the game too much. We also want to start producing some new music tracks and SFX for the game in the upcoming weeks.

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
15.-16.10.2015

Worked on the final area. It's tricky to not make it into an interesting but large area. I still get shivers when I think about some of the mazes in the 90s games a'la Kyrandia, King's Quest (that fucking desert) and Phantom of the opera, but I'd still like to add some randomness to it. If you have any examples where this was done well, please let me know!

PekkaK

Heaviest Matter
Developer
Seriously though, did he get arrested? wtf?

I've heard of method acting, but method (game) developing...?

I did not (yet). Just got busy with other stuff for a while. We've been fixing some bugs and are currently working on drug effects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom