Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight Modding

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hey peeps. This thread is for general mod recommendations and for a specific problem I've run into while exploring Jedi Knight mods.

EDIT: Solved my issue! Make sure you have these files in your folder:

35d92f0b5c.png

After finishing Dark Forces I'm getting ready for my Jedi Knight playthrough. First I want to play around with a couple of mods to see what I prefer most. It is proving a bit of a hassle though.

I am operating with the GOG version of the game, and I've gotten it to run in 1920x1080 with the ddraw fix without any issues. Now I'm trying to get JKE (Jedi Knight Enhanced) up and running. I am using this method:

8dbcd33ada.png

I get a "Could not load level" error when the game tries to load the first level. Anyone have an idea what my problem might be? It seems to be working for all other GoG-folk except one.

(also: dispense with the "run vanilla you dirty peasant"-comments - like I said I will toy around with a bunch of different configurations to find what suits me best, so I will test out these regardless of your insistance on the superiority of vanilla)

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Big Fluffy Pack is all you need

I feared it was a mod turning the game into a My Little Pony variety.

Not that interested in skins n' shit really, mostly core improvements. I found a mod that deals with the tiny UI you get from running the game in higher resolution, but it's pretty ugly tbh.

Ninjerk

Arcane
In my day, all we had was BFP and Microsoft Zone and we LIKED it that way. :fight:

Are there actually mods for JK singleplayer? All of the mods I remember were stuff for MP to add new force powers and make lightsabers like in JK2, but nothing for single player.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Are there actually mods for JK singleplayer? All of the mods I remember were stuff for MP to add new force powers and make lightsabers like in JK2, but nothing for single player.

Currently I am testing out JK Enhanced and JK Retexture. Not sure about the last one, but so far I'm pretty impressed at the first. It's faithful but aome remodelling is pretty good, especially the weapons. Not sure I am a fan of its characters so still deliberating on the mod as a whole.

Ahh, OK. Just higher res models/textures. I was thinking something more along the lines of Saber Battle X but for singleplayer. In my mind the former don't really qualify as mods.

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, the direction FPS games should've gone for instead of Half-Life. One of the best games of 90s by far.

Doesn't need any modifications, is absolute perfection on it's own.

Deleted member 7219

In my day, all we had was BFP and Microsoft Zone and we LIKED it that way. :fight:

JK Patch Commander, BFP, SBX 3.1 or Ninja Kage and maps from Massassi.net (like Caesar's Palace). And the MSN Gaming Zone. That was my childhood right there.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Did anyone ever play Baron's Hed RPG? Always wanted to play that when I was a kid but my net was too shit.

Deleted member 7219

Did anyone ever play Baron's Hed RPG? Always wanted to play that when I was a kid but my net was too shit.

I played it, but I got barely 56k back in those days and my internet connection tended to expire after an hour so I always got kicked out of long games. Because of that, I never saw the point in investing in things like that and stuck to normal deathmatches.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I always played in no force Mouse 2 duels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom