Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Future: Blood Red States - "Vehicular Action Strategy" based on Games Workshop game

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Oct 17, 2016.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    https://www.aurochdigital.com/darkfuturevideogame

Show Spoiler

Only gameplay "clip" so far:

Coming to Early Access this Winter: http://store.steampowered.com/app/370870/

Interview: http://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-future/dark-future-PC-release

I'm not sure if this really belongs to Strategy subforum, but well, since the developer claim this is a strategy game. "RealTimeShift" sounds like real-time with pause and maybe more control.

The developer has made two digital adaptations of Chainsaw Warrior and a 4X game for Slitherine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    Might be some kind time slowing mechanic too. Like in Myth(s) or Men of War.

But this really doesn't look too promising.

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    http://www.darkfuture.info/blog/20/10/2016

^ Top  
  5. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/370870/announcements/detail/1717468247153542376

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Wow, someone actually trying to do something different.

^ Top  
  8. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Developer

CryptRat
    :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Release date is 16th of May.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
  12. Siveon Bot

Siveon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Oh this game is here. I don't even know if I had an NDA but I played a beta of this game.

The combat is ace. Action Strategy is pretty correct because a lot of the game relies on timing, but yet it's mostly played in slo-mo mode where you plan out movements like where you shoot, where you dodge, when you boost or slow down, etc. It's pretty open-ended too, since you take whatever jobs you want, but as that goes through a story of sorts opens up.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/370870/announcements/detail/3239689462651591095

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Pope Amole II Prestigious Gentleman Nerd Commando Game Studios Developer

Pope Amole II
    Wow, this thing was in development for so long? Honestly, I don't know how these studios are surviving on this market. This project is "deep" enough so a well-crewed studio (by indie standards, mind you) should be making it in 6 to 12 months tops. A year and a half at the very worst. Watching it being announced during october of two thousand-fucking-sixteen is a total travesty. And then people talk about indie-apocalypse and shit.

I've also realised that I've screwed up a bit in my review - specifically, I was saying that it's worth 15 bucks but I was looking at the wrong price, the real one is 25. Which is way too expensive for what this game has to offer (5-6 hours tops). So 75% discounts or jolly roger discounts ahoy!

^ Top  
  16. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Aurorch seems to do multiple projects at the same time. They've released at least couple other games on that span of couple of years.
    There was at least one tactical game with Cthulhu meets nazis theme and other sci-fi strategy game that didn't get a closer look from me.

Game itself really gives all that it got in a few hours playtime and I've delegated it into "play mission now and then, when too busy for more involving stuff" -pile.
    On the other hand Mad Max-gue vehicular tactics is scarcely populated genre with number of games that can be counted on one hands fingers.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)