Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

Beat [boss] first try

K. Thanks for keeping us updated with quality posts.

:troll:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just meet my first hacker - couldn't do anything. He basically teleported near me and the proceeded to hit me super fast with his Butcher Knife.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Not to join the "i am bestest" circle jerk but... I beat yhorm, aldritch, and dancer one after the other on first try each at level 60 last night using a +7 carthus curved sword.

I unno men, so far these bosses are p... meh. Yhorm was a gimmick so whatever, but the other two were supposedly good or at least hard but... I am hoping champion grindr is gonna be fun, but we'll see.

Dancer's... ok I guess. She's aggro and has a lot of range/fancy looking moves but I can't say it was a SATISFYING fight so much as it was me running up and slashing a heel then walking away. Felt like the beginning of getting Vendrick aggro in ds2, where you just walk up and try to hit the leg.

I also agree with toro that equip load is wayyyy less important than before. Armors all seem to be very similar in their weight, and unless you are using a heavy weapon you are fine at like 10 vit. I'm still a bit confused why my thief started with what is basically medium-plate level armor but whatever. Xanthous set looks p cool this time, tho they kept the weird stirrup like thigh guards from DS2.

I also hate invaders with a passion now, unless they stand and honor fag duel me, cuz so far my experience is that 75% of the time they run to mobs and heal at every possible opportunity. I just end up waiting 3x-5x as long for them to get back so we can keep fighting. Even with talismans, they just run off -- and in popular areas, you can't really deplete the enemies' respawn either. I really hate the healing shit, I'd honestly rather have the honor fag meta of just hoping the host doesn't heal or that people are not running with miracles or whatever. At least that gave miracles a use, I suppose!

Anyway, so far the most enjoyable area was probably the Cathedral but I get the feeling it was a one time thing. I wanted to like Irythil dungeon, but the enemies are kinda retarded. You either 2 shot them with no real risk, or you magically lose your HP and are basically just praying you don't even get nicked or drop too far.

I am also somewhat disappoint at the random poise/hyperarmor some enemies get -- like darkwraiths.

Truth is, I think with the sheer quantity of hours I have in DS1/2 that I just am not going to really enjoy any souls or souls-like game anymore. The majority of the challenge and so the exploration and sense of progress is gone. Here's hoping the pvp gets changes for the better.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I guess everybody will have a different experience with the bosses. I didn't even discover the Irythill Dungeon before beating Aldritch. I died at least 20 times to that boss. But I beat Champion Gundyr on my first try, to my own surprise. (The enemies on that level were more dangerous for me.) I guess it'll all depend on one's weapons, speed...

(The only way for me to have fun in PvP is not to heal at all. Meh, what if they kill me, it's not as if the world's gonna end.)

Murk

Arcane
If I'm near a bonfire, I absolutely don't care if I die. If I have a ton of souls and am invaded, then I'll probably try to survive -- if only to buy more upgrade materials. Still, the lack of satisfaction isn't in me winning or losing, it's the experience and perceived fairness of it. I would get frustrated by the douches who spam run attacks and do the 'ballerina twirl' in ds 2, but when I lost I knew it was cuz I fell for a trap, took the bait, or otherwise left an opening. In DS 3 the feel of the fights just isn't satisfying -- the nonsensical range, the spammy flow, the fact that any amazing combo that doesn't kill someone is nullified because it's all a battle of attrition.

Dyskolos

Cipher
Not to join the "i am bestest" circle jerk but... I beat yhorm, aldritch, and dancer one after the other on first try each at level 60 last night using a +7 carthus curved sword.

I unno men, so far these bosses are p... meh. Yhorm was a gimmick so whatever, but the other two were supposedly good or at least hard but... I am hoping champion grindr is gonna be fun, but we'll see.

Champion Gundyr is easily my favorite through the whole game, provided you don't cheese him with parry. Final boss is great as well for variety but Gundyr feels like a quality duel where he presses hard constantly, punishes you for staying at his side circling, and won't let you get distance for recovery without immediately responding. Plus you can get his halberd and armor and mirror match him. kind of, his moves are still better.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Yhorm is a puzzle fight, difficulty doesn't apply here. I've always found Aldrich one of the easiest bosses in the game and I'm an average DS player at best (the only difficult boss I managed to solo was SoC). And Dancer is by far the most inconsistent boss AI-wise in the game. Sometimes he's very passive and can be dispatched easily. Other times he just won't stop riding your dick. I've seen a few LPs by much bigger klutzes than me beating Dancer on their 1st or 2nd try. I couldn't solo him at all.

I can guarantee you Dancer is where the real "fun" begins, boss-wise. Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armor, Twin Princes and Soul of Cinder will be the true test of your skillz. IMO the second phase of Champion Gundyr is the most difficult boss fight in all Dark Souls and second only to Orphan of Kos in Bloodborne.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
Honestly difficulty seems do be something purely indiviual.
Bloodborne is supposed to be hard, it was the easiest for me by far, i picked the Hunters Axe and everything just melted...
Pontiff is supposed to be hard, killed him second try without parrying with a +5 Claymore, i then upgraded it to +6 and killed
all the other bosses except Soul of Cinder & Nameless with it.

The only Boss i had problems with was the Incest Bros, it took like 10 tries on my first playthrough, 2 tries on my second with
a Great Weapon (Greataxe) with that i killed every Boss first try except those piggyback riders.

And i am not i repeat not mlg, decent maybe but not super good, i died like 10 times to giant lord, 10 times to watcher and defender
and a gorillion times to Samurai dude.

sullynathan

Arcane
Bosses in DS3 don't feel too hard. I don't know if this is because of experience with previous souls games or because bosses feel rather squishy.

I'd say my favorite boss was Lothric. Something about it was done really well and the boss wasn't to hard. I like the teleportation that lorian used, it kept the fight moving. The 2nd stage was done really well, with one magic character and another melee character.

I'd say that the bosses I enjoyed the most were lothric, dragonslayer armor, soul of cinder, nameless king, old demon king and maybe champion gundyr in that order.

The one I died the most to were the nameless king due to bad camera, Aldritch, old demon king and cursed rotted wood.

The hardest boss in the game is the nameless king, purely because of the shitty first part with the king of the storm and because the nameless king can easily one-shot the player. Aldritch is a close second. He's really difficult and his arrows and homing souls do a lot of damage. The rest of the bosses in the game shouldn't give too much trouble in a second fight though. I would throw soul of cinder, lothric,The dancer and champion gundyr into the mix because of their fighting style but I want to check them out more in NG+.

Finding that the AI of a large amount of the bosses weren't meant to deal with more than 1 player. It didn't feel too much like this is souls 1 or 2 which is funny. Dragon slayer armor especially fucks up with 2 or more people fighting it. So does the dancer.

After farming, I'm going to try NG+ to see if the difficulty spike is big enough.

ran into my first cheater and he beat the fuck out of me.

Using a dark sword to play, reading about areas before hand.... you got your karma in form of a hacker :)

Hey, don't judge. I've been using dark sword since souls 1.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
And i am not i repeat not mlg, decent maybe but not super good, i died like 10 times to giant lord, 10 times to watcher and defender
and a gorillion times to Samurai dude.
I will just admit here that I never beat the Samurai dude.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Samurai dude is tough, but doable... those goddamn frost knights on all four are what I simply can't kill. They are way harder than the frost knight boss.

Those Berserk-like black dogs/crocodiles are also NOPE

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Samurai dude is tough, but doable... those goddamn frost knights on all four are what I simply can't kill. They are way harder than the frost knight boss.

Those Berserk-like black dogs/crocodiles are also NOPE

I'm on my 4th run and I finally managed to beat the one before the Road of Sacrifices. It's probably the most satisfying kill I had within this game because in all my previous runs I simply couldn't do it and I had to resort to the elevator cheese.

I used a Longsword + 3 and my build was deprived with VIG 20/END 20/VIT 20/the rest was 10. Nothing special. They die in the same way as the Vordt: wait for the attack, dodge, hit one time, retreat, rinse and repeat.

The croc-dogs are vulnerable to Bleed and if you attack them from sides (the pulsating stuff from under them). Unfortunately their movement is so spastic that is hard to get in the right position to hit them. But is doable.

As for the sword master, there is a trick: bait him to attack on the edge of the stairs. Even if he doesn't fall by himself, you can hit him and make him fall. But there is no need for that because he can be cheesed with any fast weapon.

And that's the big DaS3 problem: straight swords are simply OP compared to the rest of the weapons. Longsword, Broadsword, Astora, Lothric and Dark swords are all available from the start. And you don't need anything else until end game and even that is doable with most of them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Today during my fight with the Demon Stray I was summoned three times as a blue phantom.

However I still won the fight but I was myself surprised how: you can destroy his legs and then you can perform a critical attack in his face which basically ends the fight.

I know he is not a real boss but seeing him struggling like that is quite sad. I felt sorry for him.

Kutulu

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex
With Samurai Dude i meant Sir Alonne (Name escaped me for a second) hoped that was kinda clear since i only mentioned DS2 Bosses :P

But yes i too died to the sword master in DS3 a few times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom