Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Perkel

Arcane
Respec for trying to beat her on sl35. It is doable though. I first fought her with my heavy build sl 100 and couldn't beat her for a least a day. After few playtroughs i managed to get her at lvl40.

The most challenging boss out of all souls series to me. Also she alone took pretty shit expansion to high level.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Never beat her solo. There were a few bosses in DS3 I didn't beat solo in my first playthrough but eventually I did all of them but this bitch and Gael.

I probably could with enough time and patience (I spent 6 hours on the Saint in Sekiro but I did it) but honestly I just can't be bothered. I really don't like DS3.

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Respec for trying to beat her on sl35. It is doable though. I first fought her with my heavy build sl 100 and couldn't beat her for a least a day. After few playtroughs i managed to get her at lvl40.

The most challenging boss out of all souls series to me. Also she alone took pretty shit expansion to high level.
IMHO, she is the second hardest of the souls I played (the only content I haven't done is bloodborne's DLC since it wasn't in psnow, which I hear has something ghastly). I found Gael harder because it's a pure endurance fight and the longer something takes the more I start doing shit.

Friede is tricky, but she has surprisingly low HP in reality (despite having three bars), at least if you've got a build with some decent damage going. Only the third phase of the fight is challenging too. Since I died quite a lot to the third phase the first time I fought her, I pretty much could do the first two phases without being hit once after that amount of practice. She's quite prone to being stunlocked in first phase, and is easy to backstab. Second phase is even more trivial, she does almost nothing besides a few punts from range while the other dude is just some slow ass giant.

Third phase.. is really really hard. But there's a few tricks to it. Like, there's an 'ideal range' to move away from her that triggers desirable attacks, mainly one of her jumping attacks, which is one of the easier attacks to punish (you may even be lucky enough to dodge behind her and backstab her during this phase!). If you try to directly confront her in melee the fight is utterly nuts. When I went through multiple NG+ having fun with respeccing into new builds and weapons I always applied this strategy and it works pretty well. Play the kite game. Don't attack, just keep moving away, wait until she jumps, then punish. You're always guaranteed to hit her back freely if you can dodge that jump attack. It's a lot more unpredictable to try to hit her back during regular melee.

Perkel

Arcane
Also for those who don't know. You should try Cinders overhaul for DS3. It really changes a lot game for better. Especially if you are gameplay first instead of being storyfag.

IMHO, she is the second hardest of the souls I played (the only content I haven't done is bloodborne's DLC since it wasn't in psnow, which I hear has something ghastly).

Nah Kos is maybe 3rd at best.

Silva

Arcane
Never beat her solo. There were a few bosses in DS3 I didn't beat solo in my first playthrough but eventually I did all of them but this bitch and Gael.

I probably could with enough time and patience (I spent 6 hours on the Saint in Sekiro but I did it) but honestly I just can't be bothered. I really don't like DS3.
Yeah this. Game is not worth the effort. Just summon someone to help you.

cruel

Cipher
DS3 as a whole was not that great, but both Friede and Gael go into my top 3 favorite bosses ever. Third one would be either Ludwig or Artorias.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I decided to move on.

I simply don't have the damage to kill Friede and I don't want to respec.

I roll with what I have.

some humor
8DE80EC7A26D2564093725E2B8E7654CF94DC989

pontiff is down. 5th tries until i realized i'm using the wrong shield.
25E9CA8D29CE8F8BF5F1045BCF3D0F2B9824FF1D

these beasts are a nightmare. thank god they don't respawn.
FC61BFD6572C0EEE99F5C04C601279916AF7168E

fap fap fap
26F3C051C0547E9DE91F3188AB1390B2756BB280

i died :| this is dark souls
03C1E7FAF50C4010A48E610020EBECF13F9E39CD

took a 30 min break and i don't know if this is meta or not but i used the armor of thorns and it worked like a charm on Aldricht
C15CD6418A6738145208115A763D6650B58051B4

no comment
5AC3AB447423CB37E0D23E44420E75602A7541DE

don't kick the mimics
BDBEACC1E56F4EF66955219904DDBFC8C5B349F0

the mimic actually won :)
8C6F26E5D086A5093C6912C53D4A7B7E2E3BB0E5

old demon king was a good fight
691C4DD1F83D94BE87A6D2DEB2CB3DC6150843C9

I'm level 40. I will post my stats next time.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
This went south. My plan was to access Ringed City DLC and get the +3 rings.

Well, there is no point in doing that because I'm invading people in full Havel + fast rolling + shit ton of damage. Or Ringed Knight Set (!?).

I don't blame them because that's what I was trying to do but you simply cannot have heavy armor + fast rolling + good damage at lvl 40.

This makes me suspect that a lot of players are buffing their damage or defense stats with cheats. At least for me this is pretty obvious.

Another point is that the majority of invasions are retarded ganks which (1) rush you on sight or (2) wait for you to attack them (!?).

Basically the game is infested with losers which are destroying the PvP experience. Literally cancer in human form.

I don't know what to say. It was nice trying to finish the game at a low level but the state of PvP experience in DaS3 is depressing.

Jokzore

Arbiter
If you're playing a souls game for the PvP experience you're about 4 years too late. Just like with everything else the interwebs and meta gaming has ruined it.

Yes there's a lot of hackers who use all kinds of cheats, but most of the time its just someone who optimized every little thing imaginable. The armor they wear was calculated for best protection based on w.e stats they have. Their weapon is optimally leveled and enchanted for a specific level range. Their rings are probably max level variants from NG++ that someone traded to them. Same goes for their spells and consumables.

Basically, if you're PvPing in a souls game in 2020 you should always be expecting a ''twink''.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Basically, if you're PvPing in a souls game in 2020 you should always be expecting a ''twink''.
As opposed to only 70% of the time, back when it was 'good'.

To be fair I did have a bit of fun fucking around with duels for a while, less douchery with red signs as opposed to actual invasions. I can't recall the name of the spot but there was a pathway on a hill leading upwards in the endgame that was great- the verticallity made the whole moveset relevant instead of just a couple optimal moves.

Perkel

Arcane
nice, looks like they were able to finally port animations from previous games. Which means huge news as converting animations was an huge issue with those games as every single one of them changed technology. Importing models from previous games already was a thing for past few months which is why Cinders effectively has DS1+DS2+BB stuff in it but those were without animations, so stuff used DS3 animations.

Which means now only navmeshing is last hurdle they need to overcome. They are already able to make their own levels but enemy AI doesn't know how to move in them due to navmesh not existing and being some sort of custom garbage they were using. Once they are done with that pretty much anything will be possible with DS3 engine.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
If you're playing a souls game for the PvP experience you're about 4 years too late. Just like with everything else the interwebs and meta gaming has ruined it.

Yes there's a lot of hackers who use all kinds of cheats, but most of the time its just someone who optimized every little thing imaginable. The armor they wear was calculated for best protection based on w.e stats they have. Their weapon is optimally leveled and enchanted for a specific level range. Their rings are probably max level variants from NG++ that someone traded to them. Same goes for their spells and consumables.

I know but at the same time there is no way to optimize the character in such a way that you fast roll with Havel armor at lvl 40.

Seriously, show me such a build. It drives me mad when I see them :)

edit:

He is level 16 with 30 points in Vitality :)

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I did the most stupid thing ever: I've upgraded my weapon to +10 and now I cannot invade or get invaded :) :) :) It's like I've nuked my own character. Rip.

I guess this run is over but I've learned a few things:
- I'm not as retarded as I thought. With proper preparation I imagine doing a really low level run.
- Low level makes you appreciate the DaS 3 bosses design (dragonslayer armor and lothric prince are excellent, pontiff, friede and demons are complete shit, aldrich is a joke)
- Friede and Demons are damage gates for DLCs (i was doing like 85 damage per hit on Demon Prince with my Claymore +4 which meant that I needed 50+ hits to get him to half hp -> fuck that)
- Best pvp is early pvp. The shit show starts sometime after level 30. Don't upgrade weapons to +10 ... unless you are over lvl 90.
- I just realized that the last games I've played are Underrail, CS:Go and DaS3. I'm truly fucked.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There is a resurgence of players in all DaS games because they are on discount at the moment.

So, if someone wants to try Pvp then now it's the moment. There is fun to be had.

Lvl 40 is insane. Full with twinks and good Pvp-ers.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Sounds tempting to play RN. Dark Souls 3 was the only one I never finished, got bored right before the end and just stopped playing a couple years ago. Busy playing Warband:Viking Conquest atm though.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Never finished either. Stopped shortly after the Giant and just never picked it up again. Game apparently doesn't have cloud saving because when I got a new computer the save didn't transfer over and I don't have a desire to start all over again.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Never finished either. Stopped shortly after the Giant and just never picked it up again. Game apparently doesn't have cloud saving because when I got a new computer the save didn't transfer over and I don't have a desire to start all over again.

It has.

Edit: They were introduced with a later patch. The latest version has cloud saves.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm having a blast.
D4B07CE9A2284FE481970EF769F47B2C90DC5969

C10F684DC6F67EDBEBD0295B39FAC67CE69D4C67

83A610775E7A59C676DF57F147C2B0A7D13CDFCA

1BCD6A801D94B34109EE8958A705A7976BC39CD5

A6B7D02F7FE381E3D408881343D442489DA87A4B

1BA202D87A7E5405D3F29B1EC0CFAAEEA41EBB4D

1EA363ABA44EDF3254C0B500098BBA5FE9107C73

I'm a despicable human being but this is what you need to be in Dark Souls.

40 Sunlight Medals later:
- Won a fight club with 3 guys: host, sunbro and blue guy. 2 wins with Parry.
- Won a fight against a gank of three. Baited them on the bridge for the mobs.
- Won a perfect match against a host. It was perfect. I surprised myself.

Of course, guys with weapons from DLC have already started to appear even at this level 20.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom