Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Half of it sounds rad as hell the other half rather fake/or those faggs simply dont know shit about souls games.

Pc version negotiable my ass. Pc was probably half their sales in 2014 so i highly doubt From Software would simply say no to those fucking steam sales. They have bloodborne ip for console peasants with their "exlusive complexes"

toroid

Arcane
The absolute worst thing about this is that Namco is involved. Namco is apparently utterly incapable of producing an acceptable pc port.
Also, Namco has a tendency towards exploiting dlc, so there is likely to be multiple dlc and maybe the possibility of microtransactions. .. and after that Scholar cash grab there's no telling what they might try to pull.

Murk

Arcane
DS 2 pc port was good; sept for the lunacy about tying shit to FPS but then that's what you get for having filthy console development roots

If this shit is true, then it really looks like Muhzaki is back and we can expect shit online play. Gr8 new summoning idea m8, the bell shit worked well for Bloodborne... Literally just make online same as DaS2 (SM needs to change of course) and single player shit same as DaS1.

Kanedias

Savant
Here's an Imgur link with all the screenshots so you don't have to listen to those idiots in the video.

http://imgur.com/a/yEcES

• I love Dark Souls so I'm pretty excited for this, but I'm not sure how From is finding the manpower to develop this so soon after Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and Bloodborne, especially since we heard Bloodborne is going to get DLC. Anyways I don't hate Tanimura so I wouldn't mind if he's the one working on this game, especially after the Dark Souls 2 DLCs which I think were excellent.
  • The ability to create bonfires sounds strange to me, let's see how that will work out in the end.
  • The player in the screenshots has a sword on the back while keeping a different sword out, so I think that we can finally see our backup weapons in the game model. Fashion Souls rejoice.
  • I'm not happy with how the PvP is in Bloodborne, so please don't screw it up this time From. Just copy Dark Souls 1 covenants and make them work with Dark Souls 2 style matchmaking minus Soul Memory.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
hPFdifP.png

a demonic... beaver?? or a spiders ass with eyes

deuxhero

Arcane
  • I love Dark Souls so I'm pretty excited for this, but I'm not sure how From is finding the manpower to develop this so soon after Dark Souls 2 SOTFS and Bloodborne, especially since we heard Bloodborne is going to get DLC.

Keep in mind From developed 3 of the PS2's launch titles and the Armored Core series (which we haven't seen in almost 2 years, very unusual for the series) which slammed out sequels (mostly stand alone expansions) rapid fast. They aren't THAT small

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Groovy. Bloodborne was great, but I still prefer the core Souls gameplay.
:takemymoney:
From those screens it kinda looks like Yharnam in medieval times.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
I hope From Software doesn't go full retard with the bosses (like that beaver).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
DS 2 pc port was good; sept for the lunacy about tying shit to FPS but then that's what you get for having filthy console development roots
There was also the fact that the mouse controls where crazy: who the fuck thought binding stuff to double clicks was a good idea in an action game?

paintinggrey

Scholar
The ability to create bonfires screams dumbed down to me, unless you can only do it 2 or 3 times a game. I am actually quite worried about DS3, however Miyazaki is supposed to be back so mixed feelings at the moment

Murk

Arcane
There was also the fact that the mouse controls where crazy: who the fuck thought binding stuff to double clicks was a good idea in an action game?

Oh right, the delay thing. The game was never meant for KB+M and I always used gamepad, but yeah the native pc controls are pretty weak.

bminorkey

most important thing to note is that the team working on this is the same team that worked on dark souls, not on dark souls 2

most important thing to note is that the team working on this is the same team that worked on dark souls, not on dark souls 2
great. than tanimura & b-team must be working on dlc for bloodborne , which means it will be again best part of the whole game :troll:

nomask7

Arcane
Why do people complain about soul memory? Wasn't it a good way to match people, since the one who had used his souls better would have an advantage? It allowed for fun stuff like matching someone who had Ruler's Sword and a million unused souls with someone who had worse weapons but far higher level. (Ruler's Sword gets extra attack power from unused souls in the inventory.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom