Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
twaX4Fk.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Dark souls success on PC, as told by steamspy:

Dark Souls: Userscore: 88% Metascore: 85% Owners: 1,907,632 ± 36,818
Dark souls2: Userscore: 88% Metascore: 91% Owners: 997,120 ± 26,669
ds2sotfs: Userscore: 83% Owners: 172,654 ± 11,116

Idk how well souls games sell in general though, so its hard to compare.

Why do people complain about soul memory? Wasn't it a good way to match people, since the one who had used his souls better would have an advantage? It allowed for fun stuff like matching someone who had Ruler's Sword and a million unused souls with someone who had worse weapons but far higher level. (Ruler's Sword gets extra attack power from unused souls in the inventory.)

People don't like having an "expiration date" on their characters since spending souls makes you go up.. Around release time the top SM tier was 15mil-999mil so you could have max level arbiter spirits invading people in the 7mil range (~200sl). They mostly fixed all the "unfair" things with the game by adding new tiers and Agape ring which in the end made SM worse since the original goal was to prevent early SL griefing and to make sure that people that stuck around could connect to anyone.

bminorkey

most important thing to note is that the team working on this is the same team that worked on dark souls, not on dark souls 2
great. than tanimura & b-team must be working on dlc for bloodborne , which means it will be again best part of the whole game :troll:

i think tanimura's team is definitely pretty good but they are better following in miyazaki's footsteps than being in charge of their own products. they seem to listen to the fans more than the a-team but their products are a little more generic. if they develop bloodborne DLC i believe it will be good, especially if miyazaki oversees it

Murk

Arcane
b-team is the true a-team

you blind fools deserve your fake gods

Kanedias

Savant

I really don't believe the data that was released with this Dark Souls 3 leak. The number of areas and bosses seem very low, and other details like Sword Arts sound iffy to me, just like "Beast Mode". I remember one of the first Bloodborne info leaks talking about Beast Mode and everyone believed it, but I always said I doubted that it would be in the finished product, and it ended up not happening, just like I thought. I'm getting the same feeling here, like The Know got their hands on the screenshots and some vague data and they jumped to conclusions based on it.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Why do people complain about soul memory? Wasn't it a good way to match people, since the one who had used his souls better would have an advantage? It allowed for fun stuff like matching someone who had Ruler's Sword and a million unused souls with someone who had worse weapons but far higher level. (Ruler's Sword gets extra attack power from unused souls in the inventory.)
Because if you were a good player you'll get to the endgame on a low level but high personal skill and you could rekt other players, and if you sucked and died a hundred times you'll be paired with all the high level grinders except you'll be underleveled and outskilled. No bracket was good to be a noobie in.

ELO is where 1v1 games skill is at least decently ranked. It takes some duels to adjust, but can't be cheated for long.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Bloodborne has even less weapons, though almost everyone uses Ludwig's Sword cause it has the most comfortable moveset.

The multi-modes and transformation attacks along with L2 attacks in some modes make the small number of weapons in Bloodborne much more complex.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Bloodborne has even less weapons, though almost everyone uses Ludwig's Sword cause it has the most comfortable moveset.

The multi-modes and transformation attacks along with L2 attacks in some modes make the small number of weapons in Bloodborne much more complex.
I'd rather have that than the yawnfest of DS2's weapons. So much variety, so very few real choices due to balance.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just wanted to mention that From already tried to make a "quality over quantity" revision of weapons, but it ended up even less variety among the players.

nomask7

Arcane
Because if you were a good player you'll get to the endgame on a low level but high personal skill and you could rekt other players, and if you sucked and died a hundred times you'll be paired with all the high level grinders except you'll be underleveled and outskilled. No bracket was good to be a noobie in.

ELO is where 1v1 games skill is at least decently ranked. It takes some duels to adjust, but can't be cheated for long.

Noobs should use offline mode anyway.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

ELO can easily be cheated, simply by intentionally losing duels. And you can't get to the endgame at a low level, the game requires a minimum amount of souls to get to the end. And if you got there without spending any of your million souls on levels or gear, you're clearly at least somewhat skilled.

You can't have it both ways. You're either skilled enough to get to the endgame with shit stats or you're awful enough to continually lose all your souls without progressing. Yeah if you're awful you'll be paired with non awful people who didn't lose 90% of their gained souls, but I really don't think we need a fucking special olympics bracket. If you actually gave a fuck about the pvp you wouldn't be that bad at the game in the first place.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
they started releasing souls games annually like AssCreed:retarded:

I thought I'll just happily play muh Torment in early 2016:negative:

Villagkouras

Arcane
Why is this so strange? It's the same engine, there are little tweaks in terms of variables, they only need new levels and new enemy skins. It'll be two years after DaS 2 release, not so early.

Hell, I'd happily buy a Dark Souls game every month. Like we have so many good games around...

Ivan

Arcane
Dark Souls 2's DLC was the pinnacle of the series (Sir Alonne greatest boss evar)

Can't wait for DS3

toroid

Arcane
I'm hopping on the "lazy exploitation of popularity" bandwagon. DS2 was a cobbled uninteresting mess so my expectations for the next game are not high.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom