Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

Andnjord

Arcane
Would D1P if I had something better than my toaster or a next gen console :cry:

Trailer was really cool, better than the old DS 2 one (this might or might not be the hype talking though).

Perkel

Arcane
Wow so they really no gonna do DS4 ? Great ! It takes balls to do it considering era of sequels.

But i think they know that DS formula is getting really stale so they put it up to shelf meanwhile they will do other stuff like bloodborne and then focus on creating BIG MMO because fuck you that is why

Cadmus

Arcane
Wow so they really no gonna do DS4 ? Great ! It takes balls to do it considering era of sequels.

But i think they know that DS formula is getting really stale so they put it up to shelf meanwhile they will do other stuff like bloodborne and then focus on creating BIG MMO because fuck you that is why
Everybody keeps repeating this "the DS formula is getting stale" as if it was some mantra but I don't see it. Is there such an overabundance of action RPGs with an amazing gothic atmosphere and a top notch combat system? They should just keep refining the games for a little longer and try not to fuck up the visuals.

Ivan

Arcane
Dark Souls 3 > Bloodborne 2 > New (Devil) Souls Game > Bloodborne 3

Day 1 Purchase for sure. I wonder how the combat system in Bloodborne is going to inform this one, if at all.

Can anyone find high res versions of the in game screens?

praetor

Arcane
hopefully this time the theme will be grimdark and horror like DeS but better and not the fantasy kitchen sink of DaS1 and particularly 2

Perkel

Arcane

Everybody keeps repeating this "the DS formula is getting stale" as if it was some mantra but I don't see it. Is there such an overabundance of action RPGs with an amazing gothic atmosphere and a top notch combat system? They should just keep refining the games for a little longer and try not to fuck up the visuals.

Stale is maybe a wrong word.
If they will now create Ds like game everyyear they will soon run out of ideas and drive IP to the ground.

IMO they smelled money in Coop and they want to create soem coop game and cash in.

Ivan

Arcane
Brofist Harvesting
image_dark_souls_iii-2ulvm.jpg

image_dark_souls_iii-q6zrv.jpg

image_dark_souls_iii-28577-3267_0001.jpg

image_dark_souls_iii-28577-3267_0002.jpg

my body (shield) is ready

artwork:
image_dark_souls_iii-28581-3267_0001.jpg

image_dark_souls_iii-28581-3267_0002.jpg

and song

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
You know what? Fuck it. It's the last in the series and I'm sure that Miyzaki and FROM will try to give their series a proper send off. :d1p:

Machocruz

Arcane
Bloodborne is a cool Miyazakian alternative, but I do like my shields. Is any gameplay supposed to show up at E3?

Machocruz

Arcane
Tidbits from live IGN interview:

Early 2016 release date.

Storyline involves Lord of Cinder.

Setting is more apocalyptic than previous games.

Expect a gameplay slice "soon."

Combat will be familiar to and please Souls fans

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Inside I'm giggling like a little girl but then I'm think about Soul Memory and ... well see.

jaybirdy

Educated
It's good that Miyazaki is directing, but I'm not getting hyped until I know it's the A team.

The screenshots look like they actually have some artistic sense, so I think it's going to be okay.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls3/

This is not a city "like" Anor Londo, this is pretty much guaranteed to be THE Anor Londo. The sun looming over is most likely supposed to "awe" you into remembering that feeling you got when you first walked into Anor Londo, and the archways inbetween buildings are exactly in the same way they were in sky-views of Anor Londo in DS1. This is intentional. It's THE Anor Londo.
http://i.imgur.com/G8YyUeW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/asNzc6g.jpg

http://www.darksouls.jp/static/images/img_headvisual.jpg

keppj0nes

Educated
Why isn't there a decent animated gif of the blood spurting statue at E3? It may well be the best thing at E3. The only thing posted out there is a shitty vine posted by the dorito pope?

Murk

Arcane
I predicted they'd back pedal hard on the technical improvements of DS2. I'm so upset that I was right =(

inb4 jesters is the meta

Kanedias

Savant
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_...eloped_by_a_different_team_to_bloodborne.html

Dark Souls 3 is being developed by a different development team to Bloodborne, director Hidetaka Miyazaki has confirmed, with only Miyazaki and "some visual designers" at From Software having worked across both titles.

Discussing the game's development during a presentation at E3, Miyazaki explained (translated via Bandai Namco producer Atsuo Yoshimura) that "the Bloodborne development timeframe and that of Dark Souls 3 overlaps [by] approximately 1 year.

"However, none of the Bloodborne team members joined the Dark Souls 3 development team. Miyazaki-san is actually the only guy who handled both."

Yoshimura immediately clarified that "some visual designers have also worked on both titles. That's the exception."

Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor director Isamu Okano will also be supporting Miyazaki in the role of co-director on Dark Souls 3, with Dark Souls 2's director Yui Tanimura also set be joining the team in a non-director role.

"Miyazaki-san is taking lead on the overall production, the basic game features, direction, as well as the visual design direction," Yoshimura explained. "Okano-san is basically handling the mass production part as well as the human resource control. The best way to explain how Okano-san and Miyazaki-san are working together is that Okano-san is basically supporting Miyazaki-san's direction."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom