Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls PVP can suck my balls

Servo

Arcane
This just happened to me: I'm making my way back to Gaping Dragon, where I dropped somewhere around 12k souls.

On the way, I'm invaded by a black phantom.

/me sighs

"Oh well. Guess I have to fight this jerk first."

I encounter the black phantom and immediately begin casting my strongest spell, only to notice he is bowing to me. It's a slow spell, so I have time to divert it because I'm a gentleman. I don't want to be a douche and kill some guy while he's bowing to me.

The black phantom bows me to me again while I try to figure out how to reciprocate. Finally, I find the button to execute the bowing animation. As soon as I start to bend over, the black phantom runs around behind me and backstabs me with his flaming sword. I die in one hit, losing 12k+ souls and 3-4 humanity permanently.

I think I'll play offline from now on. The game is hard enough as is.

Last edited:

InnerPartisan

Novice
The "multiplayer" option on Dark Souls is, unfortunately, utterly broken. Even without the cheating and scumming that goes on in the PC version, the system is fucked-up as shit, as well-intentioned as it might be.
But honestly, you won't miss much if you go solo. Just remember that there are some computer-generated "invasions" worth to catch, and summons that'll really help you for some bosses - humanity isn't completely worthless, after all.

losing 12k+ souls and 3-4 humanity permanently
:notsureifserious:
motherfucker its nothing last time i played ds i lost 300k+souls and 94 humanity to fucking hellkite dragon on ng+

I try to figure out how to reciprocate
if its not ganking squad of faggots from hunters circle jerk covenant its rather regulated:you see invader/invaded guy, bow(or any other sign) cast one buff or eat green grass and proceed with the duel. dont be a faggot and if you are losing dont use estus/hum. take it like a man even if the other guy is fishing for backstabs or some other bullsit. dont send hate mails and dont twink faggot

The "multiplayer" option on Dark Souls is, unfortunately, utterly broken

its not. its flawed but far from broken. there is a lot of funny shit you can do, some retarded bullshit you can do to annoy other payers but there is a lot of place for proper dueling:obviously:

anyway when it comes to pvp in dark souls there is one short answer

git gud faggit

hbkimbap7131o.gif

InnerPartisan

Novice
The "multiplayer" option on Dark Souls is, unfortunately, utterly broken

its not. its flawed but far from broken. there is a lot of funny shit you can do, some retarded bullshit you can do to annoy other payers

Yeah, sure. If "annoying other players" is your idea of multiplayer, Dark Souls offers plenty of varied, rich options.
But if that is your ambition, there are other games offering much more varied and richer options. Like Call of Duty, for example. Much more suited for your level of mental development, too.

chubs

Novice
If the pvp was at all balanced, it wouldn't be such a big deal, unfortunately the balance sucks ass. The real meat of the game is in the PvE content. When I had my first pvp encounter in this game, it was against a cheater. I was kicking his ass all over the map, but it didn't matter since he had infinite hp and I was completely fucked because of it. All the pvp encounters are mostly the same anyway in my experience, it's usually some shit eater cartwheeling around in rags with a uchikatana, or a guy abusing dark magic. You won't be missing very much at all by playing offline.

dunno lah

Arcane
I would enjoy PVP-ing in all it's entirety if there wasn't so much lag where I'm playing...Swinging the sword or rolling away everytime someone comes within 10 ft away from me is not fun.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
This just happened to me: I'm making my way back to Gaping Dragon, where I dropped somewhere around 12k souls.

On the way, I'm invaded by a black phantom.

/me sighs

"Oh well. Guess I have to fight this jerk first."

I encounter the black phantom and immediately begin casting my strongest spell, only to notice he is bowing to me. It's a slow spell, so I have time to divert it because I'm a gentleman. I don't want to be a douche and kill some guy while he's bowing to me.

The black phantom bows me to me again while I try to figure out how to reciprocate. Finally, I find the button to execute the bowing animation. As soon as I start to bend over, the black phantom runs around behind me and backstabs me with his flaming sword. I die in one hit, losing 12k+ souls and 3-4 humanity permanently.

I think I'll play offline from now on. The game is hard enough as is.

There's no need for that, you can't be invaded while you're in hollow form.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
PvP is always in the invaders favor. Even with the ability to chug estus flasks you are still 90% of the time at a major disadvantage. Just be glad that there are no shit items like the Thief's Ring in Demon's Souls.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
At this point I don't really bother with PvP. I know that it's a bit of a buzzword, but it simply isn't, well, fun. The only people who can be fucked with PvP anymore are the kind of people who focus entirely on cheese builds (i.e. Giantdad), or do nothing but spam the variation of soulmass spells at you, then spend the rest of the fight trying to circle around you to backstab. How do people find this enjoyable?

i have over 600+hours online in ds and so far met like two cheaters. and thats only because of pc master race. you dont have fucking cheating scum on ps3/xbox.

stop complaining and learn the fucking game.

since when "giantdads" are difficult? :lol: you can parry zweihander easier than most two-handed weapons :roll: and since 1.05 patch there are no more flipping havel faggots

dark magic?:lol: roll through it. there are like hundreds videos on youtube how to do it. the same with wrath of gods or soul spear.

i still cant into dead angle but i won about 2/3 of my pvp matches and i dont ever fish for backstabs.

yes lags are rage inducing
and twinks with chaos weapons in undead burg are retarded but even if you die than so fucking what? its not like the first death in this game and definitely not the last one

git gud or play as a hollow:M pvp in ds was fucking rushed as was the implementation of covenants but pve is 100%legit and gives you enough of fun if you are not into somehow flawed online competition

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
PvP is at best an after thought.

PvE is the core content. Fighting other players is amusing but nothing to take seriously.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Only reason I would "activate" multiplayer is to see the sometimes funny messages left behind (when they are not spoilers).
Rest is pure shit.

PvE is the core content. Fighting other players is amusing but nothing to take seriously.
exactly i never felt bad after losing in pvp. i play it for lulz or to co-op kalameet for his fucking tail:M sometimes funny shit happenes, sometimes you meet some retards. its fucking internet afterall.

i remember invading in dukes after i sinned in anor londo. i was wrecking their shit like 10 straight invasions easily won and than some faggot snitched on me to dorkmoon wankers and i got my ass handed to me by somy fucker with darkmoon blade spell. how is that not fun? :smug:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
exactly i never felt bad after losing in pvp. i play it for lulz or to co-op kalameet for his fucking tail:M sometimes funny shit happenes, sometimes you meet some retards. its fucking internet afterall.

i remember invading in dukes after i sinned in anor londo. i was wrecking their shit like 10 straight invasions easily won and than some faggot snitched on me to dorkmoon wankers and i got my ass handed to me by somy fucker with darkmoon blade spell. how is that not fun? :smug:

I just said PvP is amusing and it shouldn't be taken seriously and you just reaffirmed those points so what the fuck is your point?

:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M:M

Servo

Arcane
if its not ganking squad of faggots from hunters circle jerk covenant its rather regulated:you see invader/invaded guy, bow(or any other sign) cast one buff or eat green grass and proceed with the duel. dont be a faggot and if you are losing dont use estus/hum. take it like a man even if the other guy is fishing for backstabs or some other bullsit. dont send hate mails and dont twink faggot.

See, I didn't realize this was the standard procedure. But screw the standard procedure if it leads to people exploiting it. Ima just instakill black phantoms with my strongest spell from now on, bowing or no, if I play online at all. What's wrong with healing though? And wtf is twinking?

There's no need for that, you can't be invaded while you're in hollow form.

I generally play hollow. The only reason I was human this time was because I needed to kindle a fire. I was invaded within 5 minutes of going human.

Saying DS is too hard is like declaring you are gay & l1brul here on the 'Dex. Certain things are just taboo here.

I didn't say it was too hard. I said it was hard. I enjoy the difficulty level up to the point of being invaded which totally fucks up the balance of the game. What do you hate gay liberals?

twinking is using end game items on low level characters. common shit in undead burg invasions. just dont send hate mails to them. its all they hope for.

if you want to do a proper duel dont use estus/hum. you can have up to 20 estus flasks and 99 hum so healing after every fucking blow is just ridiculous and duels could stretch for hours. anyway its just decorum so if invader is spoiled brat like the one that attacked you during bow animation than fuck his sorry ass and use anything you need.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom