Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls PVP can suck my balls

Servo

Arcane
losing 12k+ souls and 3-4 humanity permanently
:notsureifserious:
motherfucker its nothing last time i played ds i lost 300k+souls and 94 humanity to fucking hellkite dragon on ng+

I lost 100k+ and 24 humanity last night in Demon Ruins, so I can kinda understand now why complaining about losing 12k is silly.

Before you one-up me though, this was a normal game not NG+.

dunno lah

Arcane
I'd think for a Souls veteran, (You played Demon's first, right?) it was damn silly to have complained in the first place...

Servo

Arcane
Well, my original complaint was specifically about Dark Souls PVP. Demon's Souls PVP was no better, true. It may have been worse. Either way, I can't do it because crap internet.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Now that I have the steam version I tried out the "PvP" in the game as well, and what surprise, it sucks.

First I wanted to help some people fighting against the bosses that are fun for me to fight against. in 9 out of 10 times, the host just casually stands aside and waits for me killing all the mobs/bosses. Oh gee, thank god I could help that poor player and not simply continue single player.
While I was lower level, around undead parish/depths etc. all invasions were from people with twinked gear doing magical backstabs teleporting from over the map. I thought it gets better later on when the soul level is higher, but it just got worse with people cheesing the fuck out of the game abusing some retarded spells. I'm not raging about souls I lose, I don't care that much for it, I really tried to enjoy that aspect of the game. But mostly my reactions from these encounters have been ":retarded:". Plus, it definitely destroys the otherwise very good atmosphere and feeling of the game. Created an offline profile now, never looking back.

Windows version provides for too much game modification. Since GFWL doesn't seem to enforce any rules it seems (the game was clearly designed with PS3 limitations in mind) that it's just a mad playground for lvl 99999 full ornstein armor characters. I kept running into Ornstein/Smough duos in Darkroot. Also lvl 9999999 gold phantoms waiting to be summoned by n00bs all the fucking time. Some of the balanced level range invasions can be really awesome though.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Not even mentioning that the game runs buttersmooth for me when I play offline, but online it lags like shit. Definitely not worth the extra hassle of "xX_d4rkl3g0laz_Xx has invaded your world"

My first playthrough was offline, but then I got butthurt that the game has way too many features that work online only. Example: getting to Ash Lake only to realize it's some shitty PvP covenant area. FFFUUUUU

Servo

Arcane
Windows version provides for too much game modification. Since GFWL doesn't seem to enforce any rules it seems (the game was clearly designed with PS3 limitations in mind) that it's just a mad playground for lvl 99999 full ornstein armor characters. I kept running into Ornstein/Smough duos in Darkroot. Also lvl 9999999 gold phantoms waiting to be summoned by n00bs all the fucking time. Some of the balanced level range invasions can be really awesome though.

Er no, there are level ranges for invading and summoning. Or do you mean the PC version completely ignores these?

Er no, there are level ranges for invading and summoning. Or do you mean the PC version completely ignores these?

Not really, but the flexibility of cheating + savegame backups/restores on Windows provides for some really messed up PvP builds. Almost every Red Eye Orb invader is a specialized PvP build. I've been destroyed by phantoms with end-game gear when I was just about to fight the gargoyles.

Even I can pretty much play the game without consequences by backing my saves up before a certain event and, if not satisfied, restoring the save files and trying again. That's just simple file operation. I imagine actual cheaters can do much worse.

praetor

Arcane
Almost every Red Eye Orb invader is a specialized PvP build.

almost 2 and a half years (or 1.5 for PC) after the game is released, you're surprised that most of the community plays almost exclusively "specialized PvP builds" when it's exactly the PvP community that kept the game(s) alive for so long.... ??? :retarded:

Now that I have the steam version I tried out the "PvP" in the game as well, and what surprise, it sucks.

First I wanted to help some people fighting against the bosses that are fun for me to fight against. in 9 out of 10 times, the host just casually stands aside and waits for me killing all the mobs/bosses. Oh gee, thank god I could help that poor player and not simply continue single player.
While I was lower level, around undead parish/depths etc. all invasions were from people with twinked gear doing magical backstabs teleporting from over the map. I thought it gets better later on when the soul level is higher, but it just got worse with people cheesing the fuck out of the game abusing some retarded spells. I'm not raging about souls I lose, I don't care that much for it, I really tried to enjoy that aspect of the game. But mostly my reactions from these encounters have been ":retarded:". Plus, it definitely destroys the otherwise very good atmosphere and feeling of the game. Created an offline profile now, never looking back.

first half of your post is "lolz PvP sucks 'cuase coopping with noobs make me do everything"... you kill my brian with this shit

yeah, twinks/griefers are everywhere. yeah, most of them suck at the game (hint: it's why they do what they do). you can also access loads of OP "wreck yo griefing ass" equipment really early on if you really care about this stuff (vageta311 has a cool video series dedicated to it on youtube). and you'll have access to pretty much everything by AL. no, most fights aren't "magical teleport backstabs from across the map" but thanks to morons like you the rare occasions on which it happens make you and other weak-minded individuals incredibly :butthurt:so the maybe 10% (and i'm being generous... unless you're in huehueland) suddenly become "all" in the minds of the idiots. and why the fuck, if as you say you were looking for PvP, weren't you looking for it in the goddamned PvP suggested areas at the PvP suggested levels? :retarded:, indeed

Servo

Arcane
Whoa, who's butthurt?

and why the fuck, if as you say you were looking for PvP, weren't you looking for it in the goddamned PvP suggested areas at the PvP suggested levels?

I had the impression Surf was not looking for a duel so much as looking for co-op, when PvP happened to him and he got murdered. The co-op experience he had was not a good one - understandably so - but I find it surprising. I've always enjoyed the co-op part of the game more than PvP for this very reason: I'm just not interested in lagging around til I get backstabbed.

Now the idea of other players standing in as level enemies, and when it actually works like that, is fucking great. But unfortunately, a lot of people go into Souls looking for a great PvE experience and then get invaded by players who are only interested in PvP and/or griefing other players. So the fact that there's two separate games here sometimes leads to both parties not really enjoying either.

Now, if he really was looking for a duel and then came here to bitch about specialized builds then I gotta agree :retarded:

praetor

Arcane
I had the impression Surf was not looking for a duel so much as looking for co-op, when PvP happened to him and he got murdered.

dude, his first sentence was:

yes, he is indeed :retarded:

yeah, griefers are annoying and retarded. i (and pretty much everyone else who played the game) acknowledged that multiple times in multiple threads on pretty much every internet discussion avenue, it's :deadhorse:, but they're nowhere near as prevalent as some make it out to be. seriously, going by some butthurt scrubs' claims, it sounds like 95% of invasions are by griefers when in truth it's barely 10-20%, if that. hopefully the new matchmaking in DaS2 will make them <1% (we are the 99%! :P)

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks Servo, and yes praetor you look unnecessarly butthurt, I enjoy the game (its actually one of my favorites) but that doesn't mean that one can't criticize it.

first half of your post is "lolz PvP sucks 'cuase coopping with noobs make me do everything"... you kill my brian with this shit

So I kill your brian with what I experienced in the game? Ok.. I didn't count, but out of the maybe 15 times I put my sign down for someone to summon me, the summoning either failed midway, or the guys I got to help just stood around like retards waiting for me to kill the bosses or normal monsters. Ofcourse that maybe just bad luck, but I haven't enjoyed a single summoning really. Even though I was looking forward for it, as Servo already said.

yeah, twinks/griefers are everywhere. yeah, most of them suck at the game (hint: it's why they do what they do). you can also access loads of OP "wreck yo griefing ass" equipment really early on if you really care about this stuff (vageta311 has a cool video series dedicated to it on youtube). and you'll have access to pretty much everything by AL. no, most fights aren't "magical teleport backstabs from across the map" but thanks to morons like you the rare occasions on which it happens make you and other weak-minded individuals incredibly :butthurt:so the maybe 10% (and i'm being generous... unless you're in huehueland) suddenly become "all" in the minds of the idiots.

I'm not interested in getting uber gear/pvp early on, but thanks. I wasn't even looking for duels or some shit, but when I got invaded the first few times, I thought sure, why not try this out. And I am sorry if my experiences don't match with yours, the phantoms invading me lagged and twitched all the fucking time through the level. One particular guy stuck in my mind, guy bowed to me, I did the same, then we both drew our weapons. I see his character doing a larger overhead swing, next second I am getting stabbed in the back. Oh joy, what fun. And yes I installed these optional disconnection fixes that got suggested for online play, it was still very laggy and unstable.

and why the fuck, if as you say you were looking for PvP, weren't you looking for it in the goddamned PvP suggested areas at the PvP suggested levels? :retarded:, indeed

I wasn't looking for PvP, got invaded a few times when I ran around in human form. That's all. And how am I supposed to know what the supposed PvP suggested levels are? I only know of the arena in the DLC, and if you stretch it, that forest could also be such a suggested level. And where in the game does it state what level is best for PvP? I am sorry if that one went over my head and makes you rage so much to type that post.

praetor

Arcane
dude, do you even know what "PvP" means? it's Player VERSUS Player. so when you start your post by saying how you were looking to "try the PvP" and then go on rambling for half your post how your few co-op (as in COOPERATIVE) experiences sucked 'cause you got summoned by noobs, you look like a goddamned retard.

so because "one particular guy" lagstabbed you suddenly every duel is a lagstab? sound logic, bro. living in a assbackwards country i have a pretty shitty connection (5mbits downstream, 512kbits upstream) and i get very very few laggy matches (mostly with huehues and japs)

oh, so you were looking to "try the DaS PvP experience" but you didn't even put the effort (1 min of searching on google, max. or asking here beforehand) to find out the most common PvP areas and soul levels? and you think it's stated in the game?! wow :lol::lol::lol: :gumpyhead:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Yes, how silly of me to expect the game to be actually clear about some of the mechanics that it provides to enjoy its experience. ;)

I have btw the same connection as you, and I really think it's something messed up in the game actually (or in that mod config file) because summonings fail all the time and everything is so laggy. That lagstab guy was just the icing on the cake.

But keep on raging! :)

praetor

Arcane
Yes, how silly of me to expect the game to be actually clear about some of the mechanics that it provides to enjoy its experience. ;)

how can "the game" explain something the community agreed upon? :hearnoevil: keep on being a retard

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

I have btw the same connection as you, and I really think it's something messed up in the game actually (or in that mod config file) because summonings fail all the time and everything is so laggy. That lagstab guy was just the icing on the cake.

question: if u disliek pvp, why not play hollowed instead of offline?

Happened mostly when I wanted to trigger some NPC phantom invasions (Kirk, Leeroy etc)

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

git gud casul.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom