Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands speed issues

Sodomy

Scholar
So, I've installed DosBox to play this oldie, and am having a problem. The speed that most of the game runs at is fine, but whenever an "event text" box pops up, it disappears before I have any chance to possibly read it. Reducing CPU speed doesn't help any. Any tips on how to make this work properly?

Sodomy

Scholar
...What? Not only do the boxes go away faster than I could possibly react to pause it, but you can't pause in combat (it's turn based), and you can't pause when in "look mode" (because the gameworld already isn't moving).

Edit- the solution is to set the processor speed to a smaller number in the .play file (I've got it at 7000, but it comes up as 3000, making me raise it 4 times once in game). This causes the mouse to lag a bit- it's tolerable, but a bit annoying. Any solution for that?

Big Nose George

Educated
"but whenever an "event text" box pops up, it disappears before I have any chance to possibly read it"

Pause DosBox not the game. I assumed you can react to it.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Last time I finished the game I ignored the pop-up-and-disappear-in-a-fraction-of-a-second messages. Didn't feel I missed anything important.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom