Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Darkest Dungeon AKA the Celerity Attention Whore Thread

Beastro

Arcane
Celerity needs his own sub-forum.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Before I mocked the game you did. Gotta love that selective memory.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
No-one in intentional troll mode purposefully inserts failing try-hard while purporting to have the upper hand. You can't fake that shit, he is the genuine article.

Celerity

I suppose you'd be a stellar judge of failure, given you've lived with it all 12 years of your life. This might be cause for concern, however as I have a memory that functions longer than 12 days I remember that you've been full retard since the beginning, an old guard if you were. As such, I dismiss everything you say as irrelevant and as proof that the opposite is true. So thanks for the praise Doctor Sbaitso , now go fuck yourself with a Blade Cuisinart. :butthurt:

Mustawd

I suppose you'd be a stellar judge of failure, given you've lived with it all 12 years of your life. This might be cause for concern, however as I have a memory that functions longer than 12 days I remember that you've been full retard since the beginning, an old guard if you were. As such, I dismiss everything you say as irrelevant and as proof that the opposite is true. So thanks for the praise Doctor Sbaitso , now go fuck yourself with a Blade Cuisinart. :butthurt:

1,337 hours. Isn't that like an associates degree? What a waste of life...

Celerity

How about I take the RPG forum? You're happier just spamming... whatever the fuck you spam on the Stormfront boards anyways right? So you won't have a problem vacating the premises?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Before I mocked the game you did. Gotta love that selective memory.
Nah its called having a pair of nuts when you admit you were wrong you fucktard; the changes I didnt enjoy like the heart attacks and corpses were made toggable so all my real problems with the game were gone. Someday when you grow up you wont have to rant and rave when things dont go your way and even (gulp) change your mind and have the guts to admit you were wrong... Akthough retarded losers like you probably wouldnt understand so you win I like the game but your trolling is now quite boring; somebody please give me a holler when that fuckingg asshole gets a clue, gets banned or finds another game.... Thank God Celerity hasnt found out Grimoire or the clash with Mr Blakemore would be titanic and he is too retarded to play Stalker

Mustawd

Yah, I'm done here. Ignoring thread and telling everyone I know how badass Darkest Dungeon is.

Jesus....1,337 hours....

Lucky

Arcane

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
In seriousness, I recommend that you play the Grimoire Superdemo Celerity. That's truly hardcore and if you haven't played and you value sound mechanics and RPG systems you really should check it out.

When ready to give your impressions and critiques, I'm sure our esteemed leaders would let you into that thread to participate (usually you have to be around a year before accessing that section - keeps the Riff-Raff out).

Your input would be most welcomed and I am sure your insights would elevate that thread to new heights.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I am really starting to dislike those lvl 3. Giants in the forest. I don't see how you can go relatively safely around without a regen party since they can 1-hit crit almost everyone.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I am really starting to dislike those lvl 3. Giants in the forest. I don't see how you can go relatively safely around without a regen party since they can 1-hit crit almost everyone.

Stack -% to damage on them. Occultist, Leper & Vestal can do that. Two such debuffs and they're will hit you for, like, 2 damage. Alternatively, you can play with 2x MaA, defending the entire party - that's also a valid strat.

Celerity

Could you be less obvious in your trolling? I might atually fall for it if you do. I mean I'm sure you have hidden threads raging about me because you're cowardly little bitches like that, but you've already admitted this "Grimoire" thing is just troll bait.

All I see here is more fail trolling as well as false information about the game itself. Amuse me again.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012

Celerity

There is a 3-4 page review ready that does not mention the words Derpest Dungeon or Rekt Hook once. When you are ready for a business exchange do inform me. Until then, I'll keep it in reserve.

Urbanolo

Augur
There is a 3-4 page review ready that does not mention the words Derpest Dungeon or Rekt Hook once. When you are ready for a business exchange do inform me. Until then, I'll keep it in reserve.

I'm not really sure if you understand. If you want to see it posted and get some closure or whatever, sure, go ahead and submit it, but if you think you'll get anything in exchange for it, I doubt anyone gives enough fucks.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's a fairly typical case of a game that seems good for the first 5-10 hours, but then you realize it's just doing the same repetitive stuff for eternity and the depth and interesting mechanics just aren't there. Would probably be quickly forgotten if not for the retards they've bred on the community involvement and early access development.

And what's up with people harping about how great it looks? It looks... ok. For a flash game.

Zetor

Arcane
Style over substance, etc etc.

That said, yea, it's a decent timewaster until you reach the point where you're just going through the motions fighting the same enemies / bosses with no significant difference... feels like 15 hours of content stretched out to 60+ or however much it takes to get 4 endgame teams together from scratch. A new set of enemies for each tier would help a lot, though most of the game's challenge is just pure metagaming / rote memorization anyway: do I use medical herbs, antivenom, or bandages on this tree stump? how about this other tree stump that has spiderwebs on it?

Celerity

Yeah, this game would have been forgotten by Feburary 9th of last year if not for the devs being so spammy and spending all their budget on advertisement.

You can tell this is cutrate lazy development when you finally enter the so called ultimate dungeon after dozens of hours of apathy inducing grind and you mostly fight copy pasted cultists and then a Shambler...

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Yeah, this game would have been forgotten by Feburary 9th of last year if not for the devs being so spammy and spending all their budget on advertisement.

You can tell this is cutrate lazy development when you finally enter the so called ultimate dungeon after dozens of hours of apathy inducing grind and you mostly fight copy pasted cultists and then a Shambler...

Yes, yes, it was most clear after playing for 1000 hours; that's when shit -really- gets silly.

Celerity

Oh, we're back on this meme again. Do you ever get any original material, or are you even more copy pasta heavy than Derpest Dungeon?

Celerity

Darkest Dungeon - The Story of the Iceberg.

"We all know this story right? A grand ship who cannot possibly sink sails forth, ignoring basic caution and common sense. A great disaster happens. So how is all that relevant here? Let's start from the beginning."

34 paragraphs are waiting. All I require from you is a sane exchange.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom