Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Darksiders 3

Irata

Scholar
I seem to recall enjoying Darksiders (1). I've been wanting the second one (and would be willing to try the third one) for awhile, but they seem to think it is worth more than I'm willing to spend.

sullynathan

Arcane
I also don't know why this story is centered around the same time the first one is, but not moving the story forward. The 2nd game did this too.

deama

Prophet
I don't get it, isn't fury and wrath basically the same thing?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Strife is the fourth horseman. There is no wrath.
edit: If you're talking about the boss fight, wrath is one of the seven deadly sins. Fury is the one that doesn't belong, should have been Famine or Pestilence.

deama

Prophet
edit: If you're talking about the boss fight, wrath is one of the seven deadly sins. Fury is the one that doesn't belong, should have been Famine or Pestilence.
No I mean, in darksiders 1 you play as "wrath", right?

EDIT: Oh wait no, it's "War" not wrath, oops.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Also the two bosses so far are incredibly boring compared to Darksiders 2. Wrath is just a fucking dude in armor. Where's my guardian, archon, wailing host, or samael scale fight?

J1M

Arcane
Darksiders 1 was pretty fun, second, I liked the idea behind it but the protagonist was shit so I never completed it. Third one is shaping up to be the same generic protagonist.

Pretty much War is what you needed to continue this franchise. He wasn't even developed enough and had a lot of room for exploration.
This comment is retarded.

Set aside that War becomes more developed by the end of the game. You stopped playing a fun game because you didn't like the protagonist, but you now want the new entry to have that protagonist that you didn't like...

My bad, just your grammar is retarded. Cheers.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Fuck strife. What kind of idiot replaced Famine and Pestilence with just more of the same thing? Strife is p much synonymous with war already and Fury also rides the jock of the same fucking theme. Why do they need 3 of the same fucking horseman? zero imagination devs

Valky

Arcane
Manlet

Fuck strife. What kind of idiot replaced Famine and Pestilence with just more of the same thing? Strife is p much synonymous with war already and Fury also rides the jock of the same fucking theme. Why do they need 3 of the same fucking horseman? zero imagination devs
It needed to sound epic for the kids to be interested.
Even though pestilence could have been a super fucking cool take on a proper character, just make it a mage style character. Although I don't really know what you could have done to make famine interesting and engaging thematically and with the gameplay. Making demons hungry doesn't come off as effective fighting tactics.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It needed to sound epic for the kids to be interested.
Even though pestilence could have been a super fucking cool take on a proper character, just make it a mage style character. Although I don't really know what you could have done to make famine interesting and engaging thematically and with the gameplay. Making demons hungry doesn't come off as effective fighting tactics.

You can link lots of things to famine: vampires, physical debilitations, greed, ruin, obsession, etc. I think famine is slightly easier than pestilence actually.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Isn't fury/wrath kinda the same thing too?

They are both close in meaning, but wrath is more about extreme anger, not necessarily directed at anything. Fury is more associated with violent retribution and vengeance. So fury can contain wrath and wrath might be directed through fury, but it's also possible to have wrath without fury and fury without wrath.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Did you not play the first two games?
I did and I never understood why they baited with a cool concept of post apocalyptic Earth after hell invasion and switched to generic looking lame fantasy that no one cares about. Since I watched the first CGI from Darksiders 1, I knew it would be some kitchen sink of poorly thought hardly mixing ideas as soon as Not Arthas shown up his face.

Really, THQ was surprised that nobody remembers a game where the main antagonist looked like a steroid junkie dude with long white hair albino coming right from WoW, animu swords and batman voice included? This isn't only cliche but like cliche of the cliche of the cliche, it is cliche inside cliche causing a cliche singularity.

On the quest of searching a less lame protagonist, they didn't fail at disappointing me and Strife or whatever her name is on this game... generic sassy woman with BDSM magic whip to kill giant bugs and fire golem enemies that fled from the neckbeard demon legions of WoW? Worse, they didn't even had the budget to make her look hot, this is the worst of the crimes.

If it wasn't for the strategically placed semi destroyed metro signs, I would think this was the footage of Final Fantasy 15 or something as equally gay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom