Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Darkwood (Survival horror)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Raapys, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Raapys Arcane

Raapys
    Indiegogo campaign link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darkwood
    Game homepage: http://www.darkwoodgame.com

[​IMG]

=================

Just discovered this and couldn't find a thread, looks pretty awesome.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  2. Cowboy Moment Arcane

Cowboy Moment
    Looks good, and the fact that the developer didn't feel the need to include any combat in the footage bodes well. Just don't have any zombies, please.

^ Top  
  3. DAT Educated

DAT
    THAT GUY IS A REALLY SHITTY BURGLAR. WHY WOULD YOU GO TO SOMEONE'S HOUSE TO BOARD UP THE DOORS AND WINDOWS?

^ Top  
  4. Aldebaran Erudite Patron

Aldebaran
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    I am going to keep an eye on this. If that was at all indicative of the in game ambience, then this should be quite good.

^ Top  
  5. barker_s Cipher Patron

barker_s
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Acid Wizard Studio (turns out they're a potato company) has set up an Indiegogo campaing and they're aiming for 40000$ - http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/darkwood . Pretty bold if you ask me, but I hope they succeed.

^ Top  
  6. Berekän I hate China Patron

Berekän
    Looks nice, we'll see how's the actual game

^ Top  
  7. Gustaw Barely Literate

Gustaw
    Hey guys,

I'm one of the devs of the game. We have our own forums that recently launched - http://forums.acidwizardstudio.com, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have here :)

Don't worry, the game is not about zombies ;)

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hey, nice avatar.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Gustaw Barely Literate

Gustaw
    :D Thanks, your also! Is that Melnorme from some kind of HD version? He looks pretty creepy! Anyways, SC2 is probably my favorite game of all time and is a big inspiration for Darkwood in terms of making exploration really deep and satisfying.

Oh, and the campaign is also available on www.darkwoodgame.com, with links to the presskit and other stuff you might find interesting!

^ Top  
  10. Mother Russia Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Codex 2013
    Hey there, welcome to Codex.

My main question is: Will there be combat in the game? I certainly hope so. Also, will there be rpg elements? What about magic use?

One of my fave horror rpgs is Legacy: Realms of Terror (old DOS game from the 90s). Any chance that was an inspiration?

Finally, are you truly a potato (Polish) company? Just wondering... ;)

^ Top  
  11. MisterStone Arcane

MisterStone
    looks hella better than that slender BS

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The logo reminds me of Alan Wake.

[​IMG]

The focus on the sound and top down graphics are really good. I wonder how will the monsters behave, can you lure them into traps or use a flashlight on them ;). Is there a sanity meter in the game, probably yes, but interested in this. Voice acting, or plain text?

:salute:

Very good feature.

^ Top  
  13. Gustaw Barely Literate

Gustaw

Hey! Yes, there will be combat, you can check out our pitch video at our site to get a glimpse. No magic in a fantasy way (even though we are wizards and cast spells on a daily basis), but there may be paranormal stuff happening around you. And yes, RPG elements with skills and abilities!

Can't remember the game you mentioned, sorry.. And yes, we're from Poland. Don't know what that has to do with potatoes? :P

Thanks, enemies have very different behaviors and will be attracted to certain elements, and can indeed be lured into traps. Don't really know what you mean about using a flashlight on them, but there will be some types that react to light, or sound.. or smell.

There will be "sanity effects", but no "meter". As gamers we like to immerse ourselves when playing, and a meter telling you "you're kinda normal" or "you have no contact with reality" give away too much. We want you to question a lot of stuff in the game and rarely come with a clear answer, so you'll be encouraged to dig deeper.

Plain text - we want Darkwood to be closer to reading a book, so your imagination starts working. You can look up some comments to the trailer - almost everyone has a different opinion on what the Kid or Generator characters really are. Thanks to NOT using voice acting, you have a much more personal experience while playing Darkwood, something we really want to put a lot of focus on also using the art style and random generation.[/quote]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    I meant the Alan Wake like thing, where you put light on enemy to weaken him and then do something more lethal.

It's one of codex memes, where all people from Poland are : x. It's a part of the game here, don't be discouraged by this ;).

Legacy was cool, although not much loved title from Microprose. But it's clear that you are making a whole diffrent approach.

^ Top  
  15. Gustaw Barely Literate

Gustaw
    Oh, right. I don't think so, as I said some enemies will be afraid of the light, but that';s about it ;)

^ Top  
  16. Gurkog Erudite

Gurkog
    Project: Eternity
    Game looks cool and I hope the campaign is successful!

^ Top  
  17. barker_s Cipher Patron

barker_s
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy
    ^ Top  
  18. Jarpie Arcane Patron

Jarpie
    Codex 2012 MCA
    Campaign has been doing well lately, 37k from 40k and several days left. The trailers looked to be great and will get the goal.

^ Top  
  19. Ninja Destroyer Arcane Patron

Ninja Destroyer
    What happened here? A little time and they are almost funded. Glad to hear it.

Little copy-paste from:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/11/d...and-primal-terror-with-an-indiegogo-campaign/

I don't get the difficulty thing. Old games were fun and required bigger skills, but are too hard for us now ? Please explain Gustaw

^ Top  
  20. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    For a brief moment I thought Infinitron had actually achieved something of value in his life.

^ Top  
  21. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    :necro:

http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/?p=159

^ Top  
  22. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
    So, Early Access is apparently over and Darkwood just got released on steam. Anyone play it yet, and is it worth it?

^ Top  
  23. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell

its still early accees am I doing something wrong?

^ Top  
  24. Crooked Bee wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)