Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Das Geisterschiff - turn-based cyberpunk dungeon crawler

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The third game will be in green, making it the best long-term joke at the expense of Mass Effect 3

Silentstorm

Learned
See a lot of sales going on, is it Halloween sale?

If it is, the store page hasn't changed at all, just the same thing saying the number of games on special sales, i thought there would have been something unique, Steam usually does make some drawings and stuff to indicate what the store is about.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Messed around in the tutorial last night after having been gifted the game by JarlFrank (thanks bro) and enjoyed it quite a bit. The aesthetics are pleasing and the color palette (or lack thereof) in combination with the controls makes for excellent nighttime gaming on my laptop.
There is something strangely pleasing about being chased by wireframe boxes in a postapocalyptic cyberpunk world which turned everything dark orange.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Finished the game with both endings.
I was quite disappointed about the alternative ending as I hoped it would clear things up at least a little bit, but apart from the few terminals it basically came down to a 'game over' kind of scenario. Being convinced I had gotten the bad ending I spent an additional hour searching the premises for anything obvious I may have missed to try to open the main gate of the facility to no avail.
The game was quite easy apart from those god damn carrier bots in chapter 3. More devious dungeons would have been very welcome, the tunnels managed to scratch that need a little until I realized the fuckery were due to spinners. The idea of jammers is excellent, making them a number 1 priority to locate and disable since running around in the dark with 0 evasion is not very pleasant when the nearest workstation is 3 maps away.

Oh, and I bought the soundtrack:positive:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
There's a few hints dropped in Der Geisterturm about what went on in the first game, but it's a sort of "blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I was quite disappointed about the alternative ending as I hoped it would clear things up at least a little bit, but apart from the few terminals it basically came down to a 'game over' kind of scenario. Being convinced I had gotten the bad ending I spent an additional hour searching the premises for anything obvious I may have missed to try to open the main gate of the facility to no avail.
The game was quite easy apart from those god damn carrier bots in chapter 3. More devious dungeons would have been very welcome, the tunnels managed to scratch that need a little until I realized the fuckery were due to spinners. The idea of jammers is excellent, making them a number 1 priority to locate and disable since running around in the dark with 0 evasion is not very pleasant when the nearest workstation is 3 maps away.

Thanks for playing, I hope you've enjoyed it. If you don't mind, consider dropping a review on Steam. ;)

Speaking of the endings:
The initial plan for both endings was a big bigger: in the original ending you'd have to explore a phase-shifting colony, while in the plans for the alternative ending you were supposed to leave the facility and fight your way through the streets before reaching your contact. Both were scaled down due to time constraints by the end of the development -- didn't want to (and didn't really have the luxury to) delay the game (or the update with the alternative ending) any further.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Thanks for playing, I hope you've enjoyed it. If you don't mind, consider dropping a review on Steam. ;)

Speaking of the endings:
The initial plan for both endings was a big bigger: in the original ending you'd have to explore a phase-shifting colony, while in the plans for the alternative ending you were supposed to leave the facility and fight your way through the streets before reaching your contact. Both were scaled down due to time constraints by the end of the development -- didn't want to (and didn't really have the luxury to) delay the game (or the update with the alternative ending) any further.

Make a Developer's Cut, I heard it's all the rage these days

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Speaking of the endings:

Make a Developer's Cut, I heard it's all the rage these days
DGS is finished. I have no plans to add additional content to the original version, and it's better off that way. However, I considered porting the DGS scenario to the DGT codebase with new content and improvements to the base game. However, since they run on very different codebases, it might require a few months to get it up and running, and I'm laser-focused on DG2 right now to allow such distractions.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Update 1.0.8 is out.
Changelog:
  • Added the ability to change the controls by editing a configuration file.
  • Adjusted the logic behind message boxes. Now they will wait for user input instead of staying on screen for a fixed amount of time.
  • Adjusted status effect triggers to deliver more steady results.
  • Fixed annoying delay whenever the door animation has finished playing.
  • Fixed excessive draw calls in certain areas.
  • Fixed a critical bug which would stop loading the music altogether if the game attempted to load a track while another track was being loaded.
  • Fixed a rare critical issue which could bug autosaves between chapters. In case you ever encounter it again, please restart the current map/chapter from the death screen. [Reported by Tweed]
  • Fixed unresponsive skip button in the intro text roll.
  • Fixed certain objects being attached to the wrong prefab, making them appear a bit different when entering certain maps for the first time.
  • Fixed subtle hissing in a few audio tracks.
  • Improved music transitions with proper crossfading.
  • Switched music format from ADPCM to Vorbis.
  • Increased speed of door opening animations if they're opened via remote access.
  • Reduced download size.
  • Minor code optimizations.
Note: you can access 'controls.bnd' by going to 'c:/Users/[your username]/AppData/LocalLow/Graverobber Foundation/Das Geisterschiff/' to modify the controls. You need to run the game at least once in order to generate this file.
Also, it is 60% off on Steam right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom