Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just wanted to say thanks to all participants for the tourney, especially to Roxor and RK. Were a few great games to play and to watch as well!
I'm really sorry for failing to play out my last few games, but since mid August, my life has been turned quite upside down and I still haven't found the time to fix my computer.

That'll probably change during October, so sign me up for Season 2!

RK47

Patron
everyone else:

roxor:
jaumQcl.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
What about a Red Alert tournament

this isn't a bad idea

OpenRA is the most accessible one, but the balance is faaaar different from the stock game

Most other C&C games require Origin or simply work like shit on newer OS. I rather like the new generation of post General stuff like RA3 and Tib Wars, but who the fuck will buy them? RA2 on CnC Net is anothe roption.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, I had OpenRA in mind. RA2 (without Yuri's Revenge) could be an option too.

I don't dislike RA3/TibWars either actually, but RA3 at least I find pretty bad in multi. We tried playing it some time ago, and not only is the ~balins~ completely out of whack, it's also a yuge clusterfuck.

No C&C has the same diversity of factions as DoW tho, which makes it by far the most appealing for a multi tourney imo.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yeah, I had OpenRA in mind. RA2 (without Yuri's Revenge) could be an option too.

Yuri Love has no place in MP for... well, we all know.

I don't dislike RA3/TibWars either actually, but RA3 at least I find pretty bad in multi. We tried playing it some time ago, and not only is the ~balins~ completely out of whack, it's also a yuge clusterfuck.

No C&C has the same diversity of factions as DoW tho, which makes it by far the most appealing for a multi tourney imo.

Are the TibWars faction also a MP option? Dunnow, played only the baseline in MP. They do give a rather good variety on gameplay (far more than the limited RA options). But again, it's a messy game to work with. Generals is Origin only, it seems, and it pains me heavily for memetic reasons.

OpenRa is incredibly tight (being still worked on by crazy modders), but the weirdo shitbox gang has an advantage there in playtime. Oh, well, up to the Pole. It has also TibDawn and a (very badly developed) Dune2000 as options, tho, so it's like 4 factions with some subfactions.

RK47

Patron
u can always msg ppl on steam to play

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom