Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Dawn of War tournament - itz DONE!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I could in about 45 minutes.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stormcrowfleet fought bravely, but bullshit Tau ranged blob proved 2stronk. Thanks for the gaems.

Thus the tournament has been opened. Knock yourselves out lads.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Last edited:

Reject_666_6

Arcane
If we had any class, two of us would stream and cast the games on twitch. Think a cross between astroslav and the Blood Bowl announcers.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Space Marine Brothers, you must prevail against the foul xenos that are the Tau. Fight bravely to avenge the proud Crimson Fists.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Space Marine Brothers, you must prevail against the foul xenos that are the Tau. Fight bravely to avenge the proud Crimson Fists.

I've beaten Roxor 1vs1 I think just twice or so, and both times because he got picks he could barely use (orks and Deldar).

There is no shame in dying gloriously.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Poland, first to fight.
Stormcrowfleet vs Jew Rat

A predictable outcome.
First match:
A lot of newcomers have trouble against Raptor harass. All I can say is, practice dancing your workers. And have a minefield to bait the Raptors into for burst damage and disruption.
The two Space Marines opening should be sufficient to rain enough firepower and minimize damage.
Take note of capture speed: Strategic Point caps fastest, Critical point slowest, Relic is somewhere in between.
Chaos exploits early harassment advantage to take the map and hits T2, toys with their prey a bit and GG.

Second match:
Pretty abysmal and shows the lack of understanding of what makes Sisters of Battle a strong faction in T1.
Better read up more, Stormcrow.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I and Stormcrowfleet did a couple of friendly sparring matches with our main factions, and yeah, it will be a meatgrinder. I wonder if there's any point in the CHAD Division and we should not simply let Roxor and Jaedar go forth.

But again, losing is fun! as they say.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Poland, first to fight.
Stormcrowfleet vs Jew Rat

A predictable outcome.
First match:
A lot of newcomers have trouble against Raptor harass. All I can say is, practice dancing your workers. And have a minefield to bait the Raptors into for burst damage and disruption.
The two Space Marines opening should be sufficient to rain enough firepower and minimize damage.
Take note of capture speed: Strategic Point caps fastest, Critical point slowest, Relic is somewhere in between.
Chaos exploits early harassment advantage to take the map and hits T2, toys with their prey a bit and GG.

Second match:
Pretty abysmal and shows the lack of understanding of what makes Sisters of Battle a strong faction in T1.
Better read up more, Stormcrow.

Damn this game still looks gorgeous after all these years. And that atmosphere.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I and Stormcrowfleet did a couple of friendly sparring matches with our main factions, and yeah, it will be a meatgrinder. I wonder if there's any point in the CHAD Division and we should not simply let Roxor and Jaedar go forth.

But again, losing is fun! as they say.
Having to play a second faction (and mainly having to learn about 2 while learning game basics) probably isn't doing newbs any favors, either.

RK47

Patron
LEARNING TWO AT ONCE IS HARD RK47
rkYqOU7.jpg

Ninjerk vs Deso - Game 1

That hurt to watch.
Lack of map familiarity apparent.
Basic marines can only take you so far vs Big Shootas.
Out-eco'd and out-squadded, SM can't really put up a fight.
Ninjerk really needs a solid plan and maybe better situational awareness.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Having to play a second faction (and mainly having to learn about 2 while learning game basics) probably isn't doing newbs any favors, either.

*roxorowski has just imagined a tourney where 8 players play nothing but IG and mirror matches are more common than others*

qlnGfpT.png

RK47

Patron
When Polish Raptors jump into your base

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom