Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dawn of War tournament - SEASON 2 NOW OVER

Dayyālu

Arcane
I even watched them believing there could be a match 3.

TFW when the entire Tau build order is flexing on the opponent because he can't counter in any way

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Game 1 CSM v Tau

Raptors are clearly overpowered.
Early harass paid off dividends vs Tau
2 Earth Caste destroyed,
2 Point Decapped
The Kroots seem like a major error.
Chaos Lord arrived with Cultists and the ass beatings commenced.

Game 2 Tau vs SM
Blood River is a good pick, but SM needs to take the initiative.
They did not.
Cue 2 full-reinforced FW Squad + TC vs ... 1.5 Space marine Squad with no Force Commander.
SM turret was constructed at 1st minute. It fired its first round at 9th min when Tau hits T2 and outranged EVERYTHING the SM has.
Tau casualty: 0
My god. The horrror.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Friendly reminder it's saturday already and there are 3 matches still left to be played.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have almost returned to the civilized world and am free to play tomorrow. Would prefer to fight desocupado and Brotherman Bill during evening hours (europe) so I can do some last minute training, but if that's inconvenient for you, we can schedule a match earlier on sunday... or some evening during the upcoming week.

desocupado

Magister
I was away from civilization, but I already scheduled a match for tomorrow.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I will be away from civilization 5th to 9th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck me bros, I need to forfeit the second round, stuff came out at work and it's just not feasible in foreseeable future for me to play (I won't have much free time, and I, you know, need to sleep).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Fuck me bros, I need to forfeit the second round, stuff came out at work and it's just not feasible in foreseeable future for me to play (I won't have much free time, and I, you know, need to sleep).

JKsDCgV.gif

sux

Also, let it be known that I'll be away from civilisation wednesday-saturday.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
:necro:

Important service announcement.

Since it has come to my attention that multiple fags are in dire straits this week (chedderp and I will be unavailable for much time, popiel is oppressed by the Man, hello friend is oppressed by the bastard landlord), I have decided to merge the current and next match day timelines and also extend them.

So in other words,

Imperial thought of the day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life.

Match day 2 matches still to be played:

Reject vs Hello Friend
Nahel vs Stormcrowfleet
Desocupado vs Popiel

Match day 3 matches now added to the rotation:

Hello Friend vs Jaedar
Reject vs Nahel
Janior vs Stormcrowfleet

Popiel vs Darth Roxor
Deso vs Brotherman Bill
JRIz vs Snorkack

These matches must be played by Sunday, 18.08, on the birthday of our beloved Kaiser Franz Joseph

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I just lost to Nahel. After a CRUSHING DEFEAT, I will hereby remove my name from the tournament.

My schedule is weird and I can barely catch people on steam. Also it's not a big loss since I lose all the time.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

desocupado

Magister
Me and hero played, here are the game replays

https://www.mediafire.com/file/leqwwjbsx6zgbaz/2P_QUESTS_TRIUMPH.2019-08-07.18-21-01.rec/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vxu3m3mo17uutb8/2P_TITAN_FALL.2019-08-07.18-46-17.rec/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/65348jcf3isws2m/2P_FATA_MORGANA.2019-08-07.19-00-31.rec/file

2 - 0 for me.
hero put up a bigger fight than I expected in both games, specially in game two, where I almost lost.
It was a pretty cool game, deserves a watch.

It had unkillable pariahs and an awakened monolith!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

G1 - E v N
Too much float going on from both sides. So strange to see Eldar going for Farseer opening. Is she really that crucial early in the game? Try to understand what you want to do with her within 1 minute of deployment. If there is no impact, reconsider other units like Dark Reapers who can capture the map and secure resources for you. Farseer does prove pivotal vs Necron Lord, but engagement took place more than a minute later, so it doesn't matter if she is delayed.

Nevertheless, Necron played very passively and surrendered the map to Eldar, leading to amazing Eldar economy 120/30 - but instead of taking advantage of this by deploying the cheap Bonesinger workers, Eldar seems content to just take it slow with just two workers. Necron stubbornly stayed in T1.5 deploying flayed ones in addition with 3 fully reinforced warrior squads. They pushed the fumbling Eldars who did not make use of their insane reserves of resources and population cap as far as their outer LP2 perimeter. Wraiths also played a factor in locking down the Dark Reaper squad in melee, but the Eldars managed to save every squad and reinforce them with near-infinite resources. Tier 2 Eldar deploys Wraithlords and the Tier 1.5 Necrons had no answer despite standing on an 800 energy reserve. Necrons concede. I was baffled. Another monolith would've doubled their production capacity. Poor choice of Lord artifacts as well.

G2 - DE v SM
DE fumbled badly. It took them 2 minutes to attack with Hellion and 2 Mandrakes. In a small map like Shrine of Excellion that is a goddamn eternity. By then the Marines were ready with Sniper Scouts, Force Commander and Listening Points upgraded. With the momentum lost, Dark Eldars went for Tier 2 but did not get Hall of Blood going to deploy their Dark Archon. Their two jet bikes had no chance facing off against a full squad of marines with FC + Snipers.

2-0 for Brotherman Bill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom