Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LucasArts Day of the Tentacle Remastered

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
dHxPw5p.png

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...cial-edition-announced-for-playstation-and-pc

Day of the Tentacle is getting a remastered Special Edition for PS4, Vita, PC, Mac and Linux, Double Fine founder Tim Schafer announced at the PlayStation Experience keynote.

Schafer was the lead on the original game, so he and the fine folks at Double Fine will be handling this restoration.

No release date yet.

Last edited:

Astral Rag

Arcane
Why? I can't think of a single aspect of DOTT that needs "remastering".

restoration
:roll:

I would gladly pay good money for a Talkie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Special Edition though.

Last edited:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Consoletard brains will implode in a muffled *THUD* when they try to figure out all the time traveling stuff. Schafer will probably do something about that.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, Jesus Christ YES! I don't care about remastering*, but finally I can add this and Grim Fandango to my Library, sinse you can't buy those anywhere anymore.

*but I really hope that they keep the artstyle. Better yet, I hope they don't mess with the graphics, or at least they give an option to have the old graphics, just like in Monkey Island.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Looks like this is shaping to be quite an era for true adventure game fans, isn't it?

Where's a dripping sarcasm smiley when you need one...

Boleskine

Arcane
Consoletard brains will implode in a muffled *THUD* when they try to figure out all the time traveling stuff. Schafer will probably do something about that.

Don't worry, an in-game hint system will probably be integrated to save people the trouble of finding a walkthrough on the internet and ruining the experience for themselves.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
No thank you. Ever since 1997, the term "special edition" has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Divinity: Original Sin
I just wanna know which game they will put in weird ed's computer... broken age episode 2, the missing torrents?

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Those complaining are such faggots.

The original game will always be there. If the remaster sucks, then it sucks. If it's done tastefully and actually kicks ass, then awesome!

Either way I've got multiple copies of the original on CD and can always go back to it. For those of you who don't, it takes about 2 minutes to torrent it. Quit whining.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
But DOTT is quite problematic game. I don't think the modern gaming audience is ready for a game like that... unless there are some... adjustments.

Divinity: Original Sin

The original game will always be there. If the remaster sucks, then it sucks. If it's done tastefully and actually kicks ass, then awesome!

Either way I've got multiple copies of the original on CD and can always go back to it. For those of you who don't, it takes about 2 minutes to torrent it. Quit whining.

The problem is not the remake. It's how the popamole crowd will acknowledge the game. Remember the "is there a fallout 1 and 2" question? An then they will "research" the old title and see the nintendo version of maniac mansion and say: Man, the remake is waaaaay better than the original...

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here

The problem is not the remake. It's how the popamole crowd will acknowledge the game. Remember the "is there a fallout 1 and 2" question? An then they will "research" the old title and see the nintendo version of maniac mansion and say: Man, the remake is waaaaay better than the original...

You should stop worrying about what people with terrible taste think...

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
images

After the Monkey Island "remaster" who wants to bet this:
Purple_Tentacle_by_bschulze.jpg

Is going to turn into something like this:

4697537_m.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom