Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Dead Monarchy: Open-World | Turn-Based | Mercenary Management | RPG - Fully Released May 19th 2023

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Just dropping in with another model for the cloth armor tier. Cloth armor 8:

Set_8.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Just want to say I love how the armours and clothes are looking, and the more pseudo-renaissance arms toting ratmen, the better!

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Gib something like this and lammelar armour.
7054b8f5f71aafd0e14c329c7449b106.jpg

and I'm officially sold. Yeh, I totally adore facemask helmets.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Back at it with another mini update.

Monster Name: Rodent Shaman.
Special Abilities: Mend Wounds, a single target ranged heal ability. Power Bomb, filled with all manner of hallucinogenic substances, this ability has a chance to stun the target or buff the target's.

Healing isn't really a common occurrence so these creatures will probably start to become high priority targets. Powder Bomb as you may have noticed can backfire and boost your own characters, ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶"̶r̶a̶t̶m̶e̶n̶"̶. Overall, I'm trying to make the Rodent clan focus more on displacement and crowd control in terms of this faction's main theme/playstyle.

Rodent_Shaman_1.jpg

Rodent_Shaman_2.jpg Rodent_Shaman_3.jpg

Last edited:

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Been a busy week, so for this week I've combined both mini-updates into one :)

Cloth Armor 9-10:

Set_9.jpg

Set_10.jpg

Monster Name: Rodent Soldier
Special Ability: Sunder Strike, double damage if the target is stunned. The damage applies to both armor damage and "health" damage.

The solider forms the frontline of the Rodent Clan and combines well with the Shaman. If a target is stunned by the Shaman, Sunder Strike will deal damage whether it be "health" damage or damage to Helmet/Armor rating. If you want to get to the Shaman, you'll have to get through these boys first. The soldier will also be the most heavily armored unit and the only rodent to carry a shield into combat.

Rodent_Soldier_1.jpg

Rodent_Soldier_2.jpg Rodent_Soldier_3.jpg

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Sorry for the silence guys, been extremely busy implementing the abilities and AI for the enemy faction units. Will have more info in the coming weeks :)

PrettyDeadman

Sorry for the silence guys, been extremely busy implementing the abilities and AI for the enemy faction units. Will have more info in the coming weeks :)

Do you keep the demo up to date with new features you implement?

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer

Do you keep the demo up to date with new features you implement?

In the past I used to, but I've branched off completely from the demo now. That said, I will be uploading another demo sometime in the future with content trimmed down but all the "new " core features still intact and up to date. There's quite a bit of changes, so the older demos will wind up being severely outdated.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Hey guys,

Things have been picking up so haven't had the time to properly update. Hoping to still get another devblog out soon, but right now I'm in the middle of another UI pass and just about to finish implementing the monsters. Just dropping a screenshot for now. Still a lot more to tidy up but the newest features are the grid cell highlights. I've gone for a cleaner look when representing the move ranges by just using a continuous line aka XCOM. It's also easier on performance, but I think it gives it a cleaner look. Will dive into more soon:)

UI_Update.jpg

vazha

Arcane
Why are there four melee guys in the back row instead of archers and xbowmen?

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Without going into too much detail and spoiling everything, I've decided to just show you guys a glimpse of each of the 5 factions and the biomes they inhabit. Still some debugging stuff going on in the console log and as usual this is WIP. I fully plan to dive into each faction and their biomes in the future :)

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Don't know if this has been answered before, but will there be other mission types beside "kill all enemies"?

Yup absolutely, I do plan to add other mission types but later on. I doubt they'll make it into the initial early access version though, but it's very high up on the list of things to come once Dead Monarchy goes into early access.

Edit: I should clarify, I mean the initial early access version that is first released.

Last edited:

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
Just showing off some more progress shots of more UI updates and also a new set of armor. I've always been fascinated in a wide range of armors from different time periods and it was always my dream to see them all come together in one setting. One of the issues I faced was that I wanted my armors to be more grounded in realism but I also wanted to bring in Greek/Roman armor into a setting that was predominately medieval. Roman/Greek armors are incredibly distinct and I felt that I was pushing the boundaries too much. So when it came to planning the Greek armors, I thought "Neo-Greek" styled armor. Taking the most iconic parts of Greek armor but slightly making it more medieval without making it look too fantasy either (hopefully). For example with the sandals, rather than having bare feet, there are "metal enclosed feet" that sit within the sandals.

The base UI is also slowly coming together, with just some minor parts that will be swapped around. Icons, especially armor icons are placeholder. Essentially, the bar in the middle gives you access to all your buildings and when you click on the icon you get a nice camera transition to the building with the appropriate UI. To the left and right are the resources you'll acquire for crafting and upgrading buildings and along the top show information regarding company and base management. You'll also be able to name your company and the name is displayed at the top. Dawn Templars was a throwback to my old BB company :P

Finding the time to write up a devblog is honestly quite hard, but I figure I'll post here first before refining it in my devblog :)

Updated_Base_UI.jpg

Greek_Style_1.jpg
Greek_Style_2.jpg
Greek_Style_3.jpg
Greek_Style_4.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom