Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadfire dialogue check analysis

Is there such a thing as too many dialogue checks?

• Yes

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
So I added all the numbers together, and figured out there are 5311 dialogue checks in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire without any DLC. This includes both dialogue options and NPC reactive dialogue.

2697 disposition checks
945 skill checks
343 faction reputation checks
339 racial checks
275 culture checks
258 class checks
201 attribute checks
196 background checks
33 paladin order checks
22 deity checks
12 gender checks

This means Deadfire has more dialogue checks than any RPG ever created.

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Just realized this doesn't account for any checks based on your imported save from the first game. That's probably at least another 1000?

Sherry

Arcane
Hi!

Gosh look at those nmbers it is very telling about the quality of the game right because it is huge and tons to do and places to explore but I play with the convosation tips turned off if Orange does not meet the requirements and they play out more natural that way. It si more fun when you come across it too and choose adventure text appears with the drawings and you can pick a party member to do checks to advance or fail sometimes you can get injuried too so be sure before picking it! There was lots of dialog meeting people in the city and choices that were made fit Orange that is what I like a lot about it so far but finally ready to set sail to another island named Tikawara so expecting more of the same and thanks for sharing these numbers with us.

Thanks,
Sherry

The Real Fanboy
Hi!

Gosh look at those nmbers it is very telling about the quality of the game right because it is huge and tons to do and places to explore but I play with the convosation tips turned off if Orange does not meet the requirements and they play out more natural that way. It si more fun when you come across it too and choose adventure text appears with the drawings and you can pick a party member to do checks to advance or fail sometimes you can get injuried too so be sure before picking it! There was lots of dialog meeting people in the city and choices that were made fit Orange that is what I like a lot about it so far but finally ready to set sail to another island named Tikawara so expecting more of the same and thanks for sharing these numbers with us.

Thanks,
Sherry

Hi Sherry!!!

I like to play with the conversation tips turned on because I like to tailor and rp (role play) my character perfectly. It’s pretty great the amount of choices Deadfire has though, especially when you compare it to other big games in the rpg genre like Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 or Witcher 3. It’s pretty awesome watching your disposition numbers go up and seeing the effect your personality has on the cast of Deadfire, no other game comes close (as Safaf proved with this thread)!

What kind of character are you roleplaying? Mine is a barbarian/paladin Savannah folk from the Deadfire Archipelago that eats people but is very good and honest despite that (especially if you pay her since she’s a Goldpact Knight). I’m currently still in Neketaka since it’s so massive but reading how excited you are about going to Tikawara has convinced me to do that quest next! I’ll race you to the island!

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Hi!

Thanks,
Sherry

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think our weird friend is telling us that the data is bloated and misleading.

Sherry

Arcane
Hi Sherry!!!

I like to play with the conversation tips turned on because I like to tailor and rp (role play) my character perfectly. It’s pretty great the amount of choices Deadfire has though, especially when you compare it to other big games in the rpg genre like Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5 or Witcher 3. It’s pretty awesome watching your disposition numbers go up and seeing the effect your personality has on the cast of Deadfire, no other game comes close (as Safaf proved with this thread)!

What kind of character are you roleplaying? Mine is a barbarian/paladin Savannah folk from the Deadfire Archipelago that eats people but is very good and honest despite that (especially if you pay her since she’s a Goldpact Knight). I’m currently still in Neketaka since it’s so massive but reading how excited you are about going to Tikawara has convinced me to do that quest next! I’ll race you to the island!

Hi!

gosh your character is almost like mine from Pillars because I picked a Barbarian too but a Boreal Dwarf Explorer from the White that Wends and for DEADFIRE the events at the end of the first game I thought it would be fun to play a Cipher so Orange is now a Witch Corpse Eater and it suits her change in personality from coming back to life but I already left the city so no racing but have fun there is a lot ot see and do in the ciity I was there for a long time and so far the undercity is good but tough and there are lots of stray pets you can find too. Okay have fun okay and nice to meet you too.

Here is more info on my character going through the game right now. :salute:

Thanks,

Sherry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom