Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadfire dialogue option report

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I made a thread discussing how Deadfire has the most dialogue checks of any RPG (https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/deadfire-dialogue-check-analysis.124631/), but recently I've also discovered that it has the most dialogue options of any game statistically.

3fpushn.jpg

Sentinel

Arcane
well, well, well, what have we here? another faggot neckbeard (most likely american) shitting up the place with his Obsidian faggotry. you picked the wrong night to fuck around, asshole. i've just texted the Codex mod (we're friends irl) about this thread, so he'll be here shortly to deal with the matter, and most likely hand out some sorely needed bans. i'm also going to report the thread (for safe measure), as well as alert the other moderators in the RPG Codex Discord channel. and just in case you wanna try and pull a fast one, i'm screen shotting *the entire thread for additional proof* and e-mailing DarkUnderlod about the matter personally. i'm tired of you stupid fucking dick sniffers pressing out whatever lolrandom faggot poll you want on the fucking forum. it's time for you assholes to get a reality check, because this shit won't fly for much longer. prepare your anus, you 500 pound piles of shit. your days are *fucking numbered*.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Too bad the writing is garbage.

Quality > quantity. Not only is it better, but it also won't waste your time.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
The writing is good. The voiceacting is good. You guys just want a reason to hate the game, and it's the path of least resistance.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The writing is good. The voiceacting is good. You guys just want a reason to hate the game, and it's the path of least resistance.
i wouldn't see as "good" good, it is just okay, but isnt bad as the haters said too.

but overall package of deadfire is pretty good. writing, meh.

Gregz

Arcane
Too bad the writing is garbage.

Quality > quantity. Not only is it better, but it also won't waste your time.

Print is also the lowest form of storytelling in cRPGs. Anyone who uses it excessively these days doesn't understand the medium. The setting (VA, art design, sound effects, music, surroundings, lighting, encounter design, etc.) should immerse the player, not walls of text.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
There are no walls of text in Deadfire. That was one of the popular feedbacks they addressed from the first game.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Deadfire has over 400 fully voiceacted NPCs in an open world, and unlike Skyrim they don't all sound the same.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
As someone who enjoyed Deadfire quite a bit I'd say that the issue with the writing is that it frequently is cringe worthy and otherwise mostly dull. There might be a lot of dialog "options" but I'm not invested in choosing between them or even what is happening in general in the plot/setting so I just spam 1.

The writing is devoid of charm, humor, interesting choices and is stuck in a thoroughly uninteresting setting, servicing an terrible plot.

The voice acting is pretty good but Im in in the habit of listening to people talking about things I don't care about.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
is this why companions have like three conversations and the final quest is only ten minutes long

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
So you're going by "Safav Hamon" now nerd? Haha whats up douche bag, it's Sully from Highschool. Remember me? Me and the guys used to give you a hard time in school. Sorry you were just an easy target lol. I can see not much has changed. Remember Sarah the girl you had a crush on? Yeah we're married now. I make over 200k a year and drive a mustang GT. I guess some things never change huh loser? Nice catching up lol. Pathetic..

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Another useless faggoted thread created by Shafav Hamon. Could swear he’s an Obsidian employee shilling the place up to get a few more sales.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
This is one of the easiest games to shill for, because it's a technological marvel and work of art. The codex is just too autistic about Obsidian to admit it.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you have statistics on what part of the dialogue consists of buttsex offers? I expect Deadfire is a leader in that category as well.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Where is the poll ? It should be something like this.

Is the game :
  • A big turd ?
  • A little turd ?
  • A shiny turd ?
  • I love my loading screens.

Vityaz

Augur
Dunno, I still like the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom