Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deadfire savegame import

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Does everyone importing a PoE1 save get asked what they chose as their final choice (i.e., what to do with the souls)?

Quillon

Arcane
Yeah but I'm not sure why its asked, since game indicates the correct answer according to the imported save. I didn't bother to choose different options to test it tho.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Was afraid you would say that... I see no such indication in my game. Where should it be?

Quillon

Arcane
The diamond exclamation symbol next to the dialogue option.

2house2fly

Magister
As I recall it tells you what you pledged to do, but not the final choice you made. I assumed they couldn't record the final choice because the gamecomplete save happens when you interact with the machine, before you decide what to do

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As I recall it tells you what you pledged to do, but not the final choice you made. I assumed they couldn't record the final choice because the gamecomplete save happens when you interact with the machine, before you decide what to do

Infinitron claims there is a "hidden save" made right after you interact with the machine.

The game does tell me what I pledged to do, I'm just certain I did not actually do that. Oh well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
when nobody remembers what the fuck he picked at the end of a game, you know it was a very good game with a great choice at the end

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron claims there is a "hidden save" made right after you interact with the machine.

The game does tell me what I pledged to do, I'm just certain I did not actually do that. Oh well.

It's not my claim:

Look in your savegame directory: C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity

There should be a file that ends with gamecomplete.savegame.

2house2fly

Magister
I tested with a preset save, and the game didn't ask what I picked because it was already in the preset. If you import a save it does ask what you picked, because it doesn't know

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's possible that despite saving after the choice, the final savegame doesn't actually store it, or that PoE2 doesn't use it. Pretty dumb if true.

Also possible that PoE2 did use it at some point but something has changed in one of the patches.

If the final savegame does store the choice somewhere, it's possible that Grunker could hack it with an editor and find out what he chose.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Why would anyone care about anything that happened in a previous PoE story is the real question here.

:edge: :edge: :edge: :edge:

EDIT: IMO, they really should've made it a completely brand new story with no PoE 1 baggage.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only well implemented PoE choices I can think of were clicking through Maneha's barks in the tavern.

2house2fly

Magister
The shanty that references the Battle Of Yenwood Field was a nice surprise. Not really a "choice" though, since there is no other outcome for that quest. The chat with Kana was fairly cool as well.

In the new DLC there's a team of dragon slayers who boast that they've killed three dragons, and you can rattle off a list of all the dragons you've killed (up to eight including the zombie dragon from Beast Of Winter)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom