Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Rally - free updated version

Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
In 2009, Remedy is proud to announce the free re-release, Death Rally for Windows. The original game, ported to run on modern PCs.

Download it here.

deathrallyunderg.jpg

deathrallyiso.gif

Edit: Pictures!

JrK said:
And not much harder really. I can easily win by racing alone, because the AI isn't that good at corners.
Yeah, but on the hardest level it cheats like a mother fucker. With a fully upgraded dervish vagabonds are still outrunning me while I'm cutting every corner as much as possible.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Overweight Manatee said:
JrK said:
And not much harder really. I can easily win by racing alone, because the AI isn't that good at corners.
Yeah, but on the hardest level it cheats like a mother fucker. With a fully upgraded dervish vagabonds are still outrunning me while I'm cutting every corner as much as possible.

Exactly.

Well, which one is more boring? Winning every race by driving or winning every race by destroying the competition? :P

Achilles

Arcane
Death Rally is a great car-RPG. You get upgrades and you play the role of a driver, so it's an RPG. Isn't that the "new shit", as that Ukrainian guy is saying?

vazquez595654

Arbiter
The cheating is so obvious. I am in the lead, and suddenly the car behind me develops super speed that lasts until I cross the finish line. Game is fun, but the blatant AI cheating is tarnishing this gem.

ChristofferC

Magister
Alexandros said:
Death Rally is a great car-RPG. You get upgrades and you play the role of a driver, so it's an RPG. Isn't that the "new shit", as that Ukrainian guy is saying?
There are also quests to destroy other cars and to win races. And there is C&C with huge consequences. You can choose to run races with more price money at the risk of being beat by or even DESTROYED by the tougher competitors.

You can also finish the game as a pacifist without hurting a single person or using a single weapon. You are allowed to kill innocents, but are penalized for doing so by having your car slowed down. The game allows for moral freedom.

Tintin

Arbiter
GarfunkeL said:
Well, which one is more boring? Winning every race by driving or winning every race by destroying the competition? :P

Destroying the competition is way more fun.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You know what's funny? Apogee/3DRealms is still selling the DOS version, trying to leech money off from a game they didn't develop.

Exmit

Scholar
Remedy made a Death Rally 2011 ! but it's only on iphone FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU i would love to play a Death Rally on pc in multiplayer.

Goddamn Remedy, what were you thinking, this would be so fun in MP with a league system or something similar. Let's hope they will make a PC version soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeDRxPen1uM

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom