Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
why is a jap making a game about rebuilding america???

isn't that cultural appropriation?

D7wfqzWU8AAMJ73.png:large

D7wg-_7UIAAJpc5.jpg:large

zoom in

D7wmsdCUEAEqQhQ.jpg:large
Leave it to the journalist zeitgeist to come up and attach any work to the most basic bitch mundane multikult PC level of analysis.
I came to a similar conclusion as aweigh, although I'm sure there will be a metaphysical message in there, as well as A.I. and the level of atomization in society. Which will tie in with the concept of gaming and connection.
The weapon firing sound and animation feedback wasn't to my liking.

Perkel

Arcane
Well looks like kojima game.
He did promise different game and he seems to deliver it.

I don't remember when i last time played dude with ladder wearing kid as minimap while hiking around mountains.

I'm curious if in any way our experience in the game is impacted by other players? Or can we impact their experience?

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

DeepOcean

Arcane
So that means November 8th 2020 for the PC release?
Probably. If this falls in Epic's hands is November 8th 2021 for the real pc release.
Nope, it is being published by Sony, it will be PS 4 exclusive.

It doesn't have a "Only on Playstation" logo on the box art though.
I'm waiting for Persona 5 on the PC to this day, so you may have a long, long waiting ahead of you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Goddamn if nothing else that engine is fucking neat. Noticed that last E3 already. Very, very realistic landscape vibe. Reminds me of my hiking through Scotland a few years back. Beautiful.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also, do the landscapes imply that this is a parallel dimension which Sam is traversing to connect american cities somehow? I mean, this doesn't look like America, does it?

I'm sure the US is big enough to contain every type of landscape. I can imagine this being Colorado, Washington State, maybe Montana. But yeah, this isn't something you immediately associate with America...Soctland, Iceland, southern Argentina more like.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kojima will take down Trump!

And Geoff, damn what a funny guy. He keep repeating how good friends they are, but I doubt they even talk... except when he wants to hand him some life-time award.

But I do look forward to the game. Gameplay reminds me of Metal Gear 5, and that game had fantastic gameplay. I will embrace the weirdness fully.

What do concern me a bit is the multiplayer bit. There is nothing more immersion breaking than having some doofus show up in your game, bunny hopping all over the place and doing other stupid shit people do online.

sullynathan

Arcane
Goddamn if nothing else that engine is fucking neat. Noticed that last E3 already. Very, very realistic landscape vibe. Reminds me of my hiking through Scotland a few years back. Beautiful.
It's Decima, guerrilla games engine. It's used in horizon zero dawn.

MapMan

Arcane
The Japanese trailer just dropped and has more in game footage, some kind of boss fight it seems

(Skip to 6:03)

It's Decima, guerrilla games engine. It's used in horizon zero dawn.

It's a massively improved version of the engine going by the bits the Horizon Zero Dawn guys have said Kojima's tech team did with it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is amusing that all of the music is old,pretty good and something i have listened. He must be pretty big fan of bond.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom