Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Kojima is a moron, renouncing to his own strong and beautiful Japanese culture to embrace the declining, poluted and ugly contemporary western one. At least From Software is attracted to prestigious Europe middle ages. This guy is losing his ass (literally) to be part of satanic (((Hollywood))). Fuck Harvey Weinstein already and win your Oscar, Cuckjima.

The new game is gonna be a joke with NWO propaganda, SJWism, bad gameplay and no testosterone emo music.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
MGS IV is the only game I've played from Kojima and it was mediocre but I was intrigued by Death Stranding's story.

However after watching almost 5 episodes from "Too Old to Die Young" I've lost any interest.

I just realized that Kojima, Refn and Guillermo del Toro are all hacks - they are able to produce stunning visuals and play with symbols but there is nothing behind them once you scratch the surface. Everything is window dressing because that's all they can create. Pretty visuals.

Refn tries to emulate Jodorowsky in "Too Old to Die Young" but it fails because he doesn't have the childish honestly of Jodorowsky. Aka the imbecile took Jodorowsky seriously.

Guillermo del Toro's biggest success was almost a verbatim copy of Abe Sapiens story.

And now Kojima will probably serve his own version of Serial Experiments Lain or some other recycled bullshit.

No wonder all three are best friends cause misery loves company. They probably fellate eachother. Fucking pricks.

Gerrard

Arcane
You can see the examples of Kojima doing all the hard work himself in pictures all over this thread.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Half-Life 3 officially confirmed:

UgLUVHR.jpg

Barbalos

Savant
Kojima is a literal retard. This game will have a similar awful story as every MGS game had, awful shit. It's just anime made to look like a more serious game. There's a couple good moments per game but overall the stories are hideously bad.

thesecret1

Arcane
It's going to be an interactive movie. Kojima has a massive boner for Hollywood for some reason and went as far as to promote his "game" at a film festival. The fact it features Norman Reedus just further proves my point. Prepare for spending more time watching cutscenes than playing the game.

PrettyDeadman

It's going to be an interactive movie. Kojima has a massive boner for Hollywood for some reason and went as far as to promote his "game" at a film festival. The fact it features Norman Reedus just further proves my point. Prepare for spending more time watching cutscenes than playing the game.
He is literally this but real:
c07.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NullFlow

Savant
I am expecting this to have the same problems as MGSV where the plot is a mess probably shat out in two days, the gameplay is derivative and jams in an open world for no real reason other than trend chasing, and the trailers end up better than the actual game. Kojima lost his passion for game-making years ago and only wants to schnooze around Hollywood stars but can't hack it in movies, so he does it in video games.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
MGSV's open world served a purpose.
Disagree... if you mean "freedom of infiltration", that can be done by giving you different starting locations around a map (like in GZ where every mission had you start in a different place). The open world in MGSV was a waste of time and only a handful of missions made good use of it

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
MGSV's open world served a purpose.
It really didn't. All it meant is that you ran for a few minutes before starting the mission, it was a complete waste of time. The areas between bases rarely (if ever) had anything of value between them. It was Ubisoft guard outposts and maybe a two man patrol or an UAZ if you were lucky. You could have simply had each base be a large but still isolated level, like Sniper Elite 4. If MGS V was a reasonable game, it would have taken Sniper Elite 4's approach to levels and Kojima wouldn't redo the game every year because of his personal autism, resulting in him not getting fired for almost bankrupting his company and finishing the fucking game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom