Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There is nothing between MGS1 and Death Stranding in gaming history. We were played like a fiddle.

Kojima gets it. Double dipping day one.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
ehbgnp6vaae-m-txwjlj.png

It's real btw
ehbdh8jw4aacf0t7jjqh.png

Voyage dans la lune/A trip to the moon (upper left) isn't an animation movie, it's a live-action movie with a lot of special effects (for the time).

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Hideo Kojima's masterpiece is not for everyone. The universe of Gaming is made up of experts and casuals. There is rarely a middle ground when it comes to knowledge, taste or passion for video games. Some play from time to time, others play a lot but always at the same games and then there are the others - the freaks who play long hours, many games and on all platforms.

It serves this more serious (and provocative) introduction to declare that after we jump into Death Stranding analysis, while we may not reveal anything at all for now, we already have a roughly defined idea - it's by far one of the best games ever made in the history of video games.

We retrieve the statements from game author Hideo Kojima about how he shifted from the usual industry determinism to launch a game where he did everything he wanted. And I'm glad that was so…

"So far I've been playing games. And I've always had to give up one thing or another to get things done. But this time everything was different. I'm confident we worked on something completely different from what we've seen so far. It's my best I have been working so far and I am very confident of what I have done, "he said.

Gas all kojimafags.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
VFnZDKt.png

7RBLCMY.png

OEbWDxW.png

X2MQJqZ.png

0OjV5Ie.png

AHenu7f.png

Don't know if these next ones will be true, but still read at your own risk:

TgRSgQX.png

9K9Nd0g.jpg

slsWBhK.jpg

YB3q89u.jpg

>YOU STUPID FUCKING GOOK, YOU PROMISED ME THIS GAME WOULD REVOLUTIONIZE THE INDUSTRY AND PROPEL ME TO STARDOM, IT'S JUST A LAUGHING STOCK MAILMAN SIM
>AHHHHH YAMETE NORMAN REEDUSU-SAN I PROMISE SEQUER WIRR BE BETTER RECEIVED AHHHHHHHHHH

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Unsurprising.
Evangelion irredeemably changed Japanese pop culture.
Back in 2001, MGS2 had clear ideas from NGE (some may argue even MGS1 had).
In fact it's interesting how no one thought (me included) the game would have NGE "inspirations" considering how much Kojima is into weird post-modern works.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Did they leakd what was the original catastrophe that caused all that apocalypse?
If MGS5 plot is anything to go by, it was probably a dark eyed villain with a black cape and a long, thin moustache, riding a gigantic armadillo, laughing MWHAHAHAHA and shooting purple lasers in all directions while narrating his troubled childhood in the form of Japanese haikus.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

True but for me the aggressive stupidity of MGS5 writing came THIS close to ruining the rest of the game. Eventually the brilliant gameplay prevailed but only by this much.
the only bad writing in msgv was that you couldn't exterminate the black kids

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I checked Evangelion on wiki and it sounds remarkably retarded even for the usual anime standard. Looks better and better.

Most of the franchise features an apocalyptic mecha action story, which revolves around the efforts by the paramilitary organization NERV to fight hostile beings called Angels, using giant humanoids called Evangelions (or EVA’s for short) that are piloted by select teenagers

:dead:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
"Dude Kojima is like the Stanley Kubrick of videogames." - every retarded in most gaming forums

I checked Evangelion on wiki and it sounds remarkably retarded even for the usual anime standard. Looks better and better.

It's not bad, but it is really fucking overrated.
And something that deeply changed pop culture in Japan (it's pretty much Japan's Star Wars).

In fact, now that I think about it MGS2 story is structured and progresses awfully similar to NGE.
Both start with a simple premise, but over time that gets more and more insignificant with all the twists, deconstructions of the genre/medium and somewhat complex concepts and ideas that get thrown in (specially towards the end), which all culminate in a purposely confusing ending.

EDIT
I just remembered, Super Bunnyhop made a video about this very topic recentely:

Last edited:

dbx

Arcane
Patron

It's the classic cartoon/anime you love as a teenager and grow to hate as you get older and start to see past the pseudo intellectualism. You realize it is just a collections of cool stuff for coolness sake, written by a monkey bashing "totally random" themes on a keyboard stealing concepts, themes and stories from an exotic culture (in evangelion case was christianity as seen by a jap). Wankery for wankery's sake.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's the classic cartoon/anime you love as a teenager and grow to hate when as you get older and start to see past the pseudo intellectualism.

Apparently some people ITT are yet to transition to that stage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom