Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

Death Stranding absolutely deserves to win Best Art Direction, Best Performance (Mikkelsen) and maybe Best Sound Design, although Sekiro is also a great candidate. The game IS a masterpiece in everything not related to Kojima.

But Kojima did all of those things! Didn't you see the end credits? I couldn't print Hideo Kojima's name that many times if I used a for-loop.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
At least we can always trust in Shinkawa :salute:

The-Art-of-Metal-Gear-Solid-Sniper-Wolf.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Those videos where a dude plays the game badly on purpose to make the game to look bad with things like picking a motorcycle and trying to climb a fucking mountain with it like "lololololol just look how broken this game is" definitely are not for me. You don't need to go full retarded for talk about the flaws in this game.

Alphons

Cipher
I'm heavily dissapointed with Death Stranding and Hideo Kojima.

The game described as his magnum opus only got 10 nominations in The Game Awards...
Let that sink in.
If he actually cared about his product and it's playerbase he easily could've gotten 12.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Those videos where a dude plays the game badly on purpose to make the game to look bad with things like picking a motorcycle and trying to climb a fucking mountain with it like "lololololol just look how broken this game is" definitely are not for me. You don't need to go full retarded for talk about the flaws in this game.
At the end of the video he tries to jump over a cliff and fails when there's a bridge a few meters away from him. Lol.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm heavily dissapointed with Death Stranding and Hideo Kojima.

The game described as his magnum opus only got 10 nominations in The Game Awards...
Let that sink in.
If he actually cared about his product and it's playerbase he easily could've gotten 12.

Bigg Boss? You know we can see you behind that alt?

Ha. I forgot the password to my alt that never posted.

Btw my halfass joke a few pages back? I was right.

You do play as the baby. Just not the baby you are carrying, but the one in the flashbacks.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm up to chapter 9, and weirdly enough this game is getting a response from the community in everything similar to what Metal Gear Survive got - total misinformation campaign run by youtubers, with cherry picked and manipulated clips.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm up to chapter 9, and weirdly enough this game is getting a response from the community in everything similar to what Metal Gear Survive got - total misinformation campaign run by youtubers, with cherry picked and manipulated clips.

It's actually funny. I beat the game in 45 hours without doing a single standard delivery. Those are the tedious back and forth quests that people bitched about.

Alfons

Prophet
90% of the game is about traversing the environment. Every rock and blade of grass effects how you move yet a mountain doesn't impede you're motorcycle. Even if you think that it's ok that they overlooked it I saw several people complain about the broken motorcycle physics.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The mountains definitely impede your progress with the shitty bikes. You all have been shown the same two regions over and over. Try using the bikes in the snow or around BT's. It's not ideal. So they encourage you to not use those all the time because they really aren't suited for it. I tried to make those things go up the steep mountains. You'll end up falling off and losing your shit.

Yes, the physics on the bikes are poor. They also run out of battery by the time you even consider getting up a mountain. They are meant for the roads where they drive really fast. I swear I recall Kojima talking about wanting to make parts more real but his team nixed it. I wager if people flew off the bikes when bumping into objects that they would hate the bikes even more. Not unlike Red Dead 2.

So on one hand you have realistic walking/hiking, but on the other hand the bike acts like it is out of a bumper car game. I suppose if you bumped into a rock and the tire went flat it would be pretty boring.

NEW MISSION
CHANGE TIRE ON BIKE FOR THE 100TH TIME

Next big game that comes out I am going to just run into walls and talk about how shit the game is. As long as I talk like I am drunk or a fat fuck I will be popular I bet.

8.5 out of 10. Of course you could go play that faggy Star Wars game that got a 9 and looks like boring slash slash jump on wall shit.

Alfons

Prophet
The game is focused on cumbersome, very involved movement mechanics and yet one of the traversal options is janky as hell, why is it unreasonable to criticize that?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's not unreasonable. It's just disingenuous the way some have portrayed it. That Dunkey asshole for instance? Either he intentionally played the game bad or he is a fucking moron.

Alfons

Prophet
You are being way too autistic about it. It's a 25 second segment out of an almost 8 minute video and it's just funny.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
No, I mean he is trying to climb up straight slopes, has maxed load which you cannot actually walk with...generally doing dumb shit. Then says because of that the game is not good. Forget the bike mechanic. The dumb cunt was jumping on the mountain with a tower of shit on his back then he falls and oh shit the game is whack yall.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
It's more than that and I feel the need to explain fully.

Once you play the game you know how it plays. You know when people are playing it poorly. If you see someone that can't use the simplest functions in the game there is a problem. Like checking how deep water is before you go trudging through it. When people are too retarded to listen to cutscenes to get the plot then there is some kind of issue with the user not the "plot holes" that don't exist.

Dunkey is viewed as a reviewer. He has even taken steps to legitimize that notion. He's also a low brow moron that probably hates RPG's due to having to read too much. Some of these guys are going in with their mind made up, playing the game as shitty as possible to get views, and taking it to the bank. Fags that are supposed to be offended by gaming "journalists" being shills and liars, are just giving it a free pass, due to it being the narrative that they want to back. It's all in good fun, right? This is usually because Kojima has a bad rap due to being such a fucking autist with horrible translators. For example the MGS V Quiet thing.

"Words and deeds"

You guys remember that? Do people realize he was referring to you being ashamed of your character treating Quiet like shit and saying they were going to kill the bitch? Due to her not talking because of the virus? Pretty sure he wan't saying the fans would be ashamed of their words and deeds. Why would deeds matter? But no 12 year old morons think that he was trying to shame us, so now they get their little egos threatened when they play a game. This game is playing weird music at me and saying new words that are in Egyptian mythology. Pretentious. Let me go play Dark Souls now and boast of the deep lore and atmosphere in this dead ass game with nothing but mobs to kill.

Then EA releases a mediocre Star Wars game which everyone blows a load over. A game with mechanics stolen from other better games with not one original fucking concept. Then people say Resident Evil 2 should win GOTY. A fucking bastardization of what the original game was, that is being lopped up just because it doesn't have roundhouse kicks and boulder punching.

Does this game deserve twenty nominations at the shill game awards? Not really. But a year from now you will see all these pricks come out and say how this game got a bad rap and you should totally go play it now instead of this other game coming out. They will say once I tried to just play the game instead of rush to beat it, it actually became FUN! Imagine that...rushing to end something is not as fun. Kinda like sex.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's more than that and I feel the need to explain fully.

Once you play the game you know how it plays. You know when people are playing it poorly. If you see someone that can't use the simplest functions in the game there is a problem. Like checking how deep water is before you go trudging through it. When people are too retarded to listen to cutscenes to get the plot then there is some kind of issue with the user not the "plot holes" that don't exist.

Dunkey is viewed as a reviewer. He has even taken steps to legitimize that notion. He's also a low brow moron that probably hates RPG's due to having to read too much. Some of these guys are going in with their mind made up, playing the game as shitty as possible to get views, and taking it to the bank. Fags that are supposed to be offended by gaming "journalists" being shills and liars, are just giving it a free pass, due to it being the narrative that they want to back. It's all in good fun, right? This is usually because Kojima has a bad rap due to being such a fucking autist with horrible translators. For example the MGS V Quiet thing.

"Words and deeds"

You guys remember that? Do people realize he was referring to you being ashamed of your character treating Quiet like shit and saying they were going to kill the bitch? Due to her not talking because of the virus? Pretty sure he wan't saying the fans would be ashamed of their words and deeds. Why would deeds matter? But no 12 year old morons think that he was trying to shame us, so now they get their little egos threatened when they play a game. This game is playing weird music at me and saying new words that are in Egyptian mythology. Pretentious. Let me go play Dark Souls now and boast of the deep lore and atmosphere in this dead ass game with nothing but mobs to kill.

Then EA releases a mediocre Star Wars game which everyone blows a load over. A game with mechanics stolen from other better games with not one original fucking concept. Then people say Resident Evil 2 should win GOTY. A fucking bastardization of what the original game was, that is being lopped up just because it doesn't have roundhouse kicks and boulder punching.

Does this game deserve twenty nominations at the shill game awards? Not really. But a year from now you will see all these pricks come out and say how this game got a bad rap and you should totally go play it now instead of this other game coming out. They will say once I tried to just play the game instead of rush to beat it, it actually became FUN! Imagine that...rushing to end something is not as fun. Kinda like sex.
You deserve a medal for this. Well said.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What was that Quiet thing? Never read about any "outrage" regarding her or that phrase? Only thing I read about was that she was almost naked... but that came from the usual Twitter suspect so didn't care about that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom