Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Kojima's post-apocalyptic deliveryman simulator

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
LoL it seems somebody have a butthurt ego.......or the game doesn't sell well.

Metacritic Removes Over 6,000 Negative Death Stranding User Ratings
Samuel GuglielmoFriday, December 06, 2019
Death Stranding. The user score, which was at a 5.1 yesterday with 9,355 negative reviews, is today at a 7.4 with only 2,958 negative reviews, as discovered by Reddit user “argande.” While we can assume Metacritic was taking action against “review bombs” that impacted Death Stranding, the aggregate reviews site has not announced anything about the removals or why they felt the need to do it. There’s also no real indication as to why they removed those specific ratings compared to the other negative reviews that still remain. They have also not adjusted any other games (that we know of) that are victims of suspected review bombs recently.

Review bombing has become a particularly heated topic in the games industry in the past few years. The practice involves users gathering together to dump negative reviews on games in protest of something, oftentimes without actually playing the game themselves. Review bombing is traditionally tied to an agenda more than the content of the actual game (users aren’t wasting their time rating games that are actually bad), as users seek to send a message of protest against publishers, developers, and content or practices that they don’t agree with. The legitimacy of user reviews has often been called into question thanks to the lack of nuance and verification if the user even played the game. Users often use a score of 1 for “didn’t like it” and 10 for “loved it” which defeats the entire scale and tips the balance of the averages.

Several places have begun to put in measures against review bombing. Popular PC storefront Steam allows users to only see reviews between certain time periods and will put up warnings and not count reviews towards a total if they believe a game is being review bombed. For example, they discovered that Borderlands 2 was being review bombed after the announcement that Borderlands 3 would be an Epic Games Store exclusive, so they negated all reviews from a certain time period following that announcement from the total user score.

Metacritic recently put out their list of the top 50 games of the decade, according to critic reviews. They also released the list of the top games of this year, with both Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice leading the pack in ratings.

Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...ews-from-death-stranding/#X10UlbhWirIgdmsf.99

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Who cares about that kind of user ratings? They're trash. People give ten and zeros mindlessly, pure fanboysm. Even Steam reviews are plagued by this, when they're not used as a way to blame the devs for doing X thing.

Sentinel

Arcane
LoL it seems somebody have a butthurt ego.......or the game doesn't sell well.

Metacritic Removes Over 6,000 Negative Death Stranding User Ratings
Samuel GuglielmoFriday, December 06, 2019
Death Stranding. The user score, which was at a 5.1 yesterday with 9,355 negative reviews, is today at a 7.4 with only 2,958 negative reviews, as discovered by Reddit user “argande.” While we can assume Metacritic was taking action against “review bombs” that impacted Death Stranding, the aggregate reviews site has not announced anything about the removals or why they felt the need to do it. There’s also no real indication as to why they removed those specific ratings compared to the other negative reviews that still remain. They have also not adjusted any other games (that we know of) that are victims of suspected review bombs recently.

Review bombing has become a particularly heated topic in the games industry in the past few years. The practice involves users gathering together to dump negative reviews on games in protest of something, oftentimes without actually playing the game themselves. Review bombing is traditionally tied to an agenda more than the content of the actual game (users aren’t wasting their time rating games that are actually bad), as users seek to send a message of protest against publishers, developers, and content or practices that they don’t agree with. The legitimacy of user reviews has often been called into question thanks to the lack of nuance and verification if the user even played the game. Users often use a score of 1 for “didn’t like it” and 10 for “loved it” which defeats the entire scale and tips the balance of the averages.

Several places have begun to put in measures against review bombing. Popular PC storefront Steam allows users to only see reviews between certain time periods and will put up warnings and not count reviews towards a total if they believe a game is being review bombed. For example, they discovered that Borderlands 2 was being review bombed after the announcement that Borderlands 3 would be an Epic Games Store exclusive, so they negated all reviews from a certain time period following that announcement from the total user score.

Metacritic recently put out their list of the top 50 games of the decade, according to critic reviews. They also released the list of the top games of this year, with both Resident Evil 2 and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice leading the pack in ratings.

Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.ne...ews-from-death-stranding/#X10UlbhWirIgdmsf.99
This isn't uncommon on Metacritic. Astral Chain also saw thousands of user reviews suddenly removed. Very likely bot accounts that get purged from time to time.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I still don't know what this game is about and I never have seen gameplay. Is this a walking sim? Can you shoot people? More or less cutscenes than MGS4?

Zanzoken

Arcane
I haven't played it either but out of curiosity just watched the first hour of a silent LP on Youtube. I'd say it's about 50% cut scenes so far.

I am intrigued by the story (despite a seeming overabundance of plot hooks) but the gameplay thus far is quite literally a walking simulator.

Sentinel

Arcane
I still don't know what this game is about and I never have seen gameplay. Is this a walking sim? Can you shoot people? More or less cutscenes than MGS4?
Kinda. You make deliveries from point A to B. The walking has a balancing system mechanic and the terrain is your obstacle. You have vehicles, ladders (can be placed vertically or horizontally), shelters, ropes, different exo skeletons, loading carriers that you can skate down hills...
Yes you can shoot people. Grenade launchers, rocket launchers, assault rifles, shotguns, pistols, cargo magnetic rifles...
Less cutscenes than MGS4. Chapter 1 and 2 are overloaded with cutscenes, then Chapter 3~9 are pretty much cutscene free save for a short introductory cutscene at the start of the chapter.

Boleskine

Arcane
:lol:

The next masterpiece from Hideko Kojimba...

ry33GpJ.jpg

SQgRXA5.jpg

Bigg Boss

Arcane
They sure did choose one of the shitty songs to sing at the awards though. Either that or she just did bad.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "she", but CHVRCHES was the band performing at TGA. Jenny Plant isn't part of it, she just sings the B.B. Theme.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "she", but CHVRCHES was the band performing at TGA. Jenny Plant isn't part of it, she just sings the B.B. Theme.

I couldn't tell who it was. It could have been a man for all I know with how things are. Those awards sucked worse than I remembered.

My opinion would still be the same. Still, if you are trying to say Death Stranding is at the same level of Half-Life, then I pray for your soul.

Propably not ever gonna touch DS or any other cinematic but my post was about how your rule was wrong.

If some young company release 10/10 game then it deserves title of studio of the year moar that one that released 5x8/10 games easily.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom