Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deathclaws

There are no Deathclaws in the game

• Total voters

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I understand there was talk of alligators filling a critter spot? If so, well, if some obscure lizard could evolve into the much feared Deathclaw, imagine what horror an already formidable alligator'd be if mutated.

hiver

I have some kind of... idea forming in my mind, about a certain huge mutated armored aligator...that has a ticking atomic clock in its stomack :P

TBS is right that it is hard to find just a simple replacement for deathclaws, if you want that creature to be exactly the same in abilities and perks it has.
But actually coming up with a different type of creature that is very, very deadly because of different kinds of abilities is not that hard.

I see that snakes are mentioned in a few places in original documents.

Imagine a mutated overgrown snake, that is armored by its mutated scale skin (reflective - so it has high resistance against lasers + some other interesting er.. properties). Say... about 10 - 15 meters long. As thick as a brahmin.
That thing could be to Deathclaws what Anaconda is to aligators in nature. Although i wouldnt necessarily push it that far.

And there are other types of life forms that could present very different types of problems then being just another kind of a monster that runs at you and wants to kill you.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Worst case scenario, we could toss in some kind of giant mutant amphibious Piranha.

hiver

yeah, thats always good as a fallback :P

Is there any kind of Medusa - like creatures in the game?

I always wanted to involve something like it, only floating over the land kind. Filled up with gases from animals they scoop up with super toxic hanging tentacles and slowly digest. And giant glowing amoebas.

Butterflies that can confuse, hypnotize or make other creatures or people berserk - by creating weird kaleidoscopic visual patterns on their wings.

laclongquan

Arcane
An oasis with a good size pond of water. No animal around, only some birds. There's many big tracks. A sign of struggling between predators and brahmin, with lots of blood splatter, and finally its carcass get dragged on the ground.

Follow that track lead you to a good size underground maze, once some kind of big pipe (transport water?). The narrow corridor mean the deathclaws are deadly here.

Beyond the maze is a big cave swarming with deathclaws and Matriarch.

In the piles of bones you can get some loots.

Under the bones is some kind of machines that pump from deep underground now quiescent due to animal activities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom