Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I...... don't know. Single player or multiplayer? Idk. Takes place in the future or past? Not sure. One thing is clear though: they really liked Mooncrash DLC because this looks like it. Also read that everytime you die you respawn and the mission is different or landscape changes or something to that extent. That's why I'm associating it to Prey DLC. I think it was the first coverage of the game after it was announced. Anyway, not excited, which is worrying considering this is Arkane Studios. Really hoping for gameplay to arrive soon.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
They better show gameplay soon because these pics don't fill me with confidence.

Dishonored 2 also had this

3721444be87678ff8271b4adfbc57eb4.png

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I didn't know about that. Point taken. I only know about the concept art with Emily on the throne, Corvo beside her and the Void behind them. That one I liked.
However.......still wanting that gameplay.

Prey trailer was shown at E3 2016. Gameplay was shown in August around gamescom. I expect they'll do the same.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Maybe it is a spiritual successor of Hunter Hunted.

Man, Hunter Hunted was so fucking good. One of the most underrated games of all time, and I'm not even being hyperbolic here. Grenade spam was the shit.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Damn, never heard anyone ever mention Hunter Hunted online before. :salute:
Gotta find it and install it now.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
So I'm guessing two players online, one controlling each character? With of course an optional solo route where the other assassin is out there but AI controlled?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I want they would introduce RPG elements and quest system so you would get a feel of single player game.

Yeah how interested I will be would be dependent on how singleplayer it is. In Wolfenstein Youngblood the co-op focus makes the singleplayer experience a giant piece of shit, so... we'll see. This is all assuming I'm right about what it is, anyway.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well Bethesda had no line-up announcement like last year. Also they're not listed on Gamescom opening conference.

It was all DOOM at QuakeCon, it seems Gamescom will be the same.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Deathloop's on the hunt for a lead narrative designer, in addition to a monetization designer and a live producer, and lady level designers. :lol:

https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2174
https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2301
https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/2508

Once the process is done Arkane's exceptional level design will be gone and that's it for them.

"Power is not given to you. You have to take it." —Beyonce

Take the power bitches. I'm begging you :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom