Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Deathloop - first-person action game from Arkane set on a time loop island

Unwanted

†††

Patron
A woman designed the infamous Thieves' Guild mission in Thief: Gold. Better not to make the same mistake again

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

DEATHLOOP is an innovative first person shooter launching exclusively for PlayStation 5 and PC from Arkane Lyon, the award-winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Dishonored franchise. Launching Holiday 2020!

The island of Blackreef. For most of its inhabitants, it’s a paradise. But for Colt, it’s an inescapable prison. Thanks to a mysterious timeloop, he’s reliving the same day, over and over, trying to find a way to break the endless cycle he’s trapped in. As Colt, you’ll have to take out eight targets – including your arch-nemesis Julianna Blake – if you ever want to escape. But remember: It’s a timeloop, so if at first you don’t succeed… die, die again.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On one hand, this looks like the most Arkane game ever (which is a good thing). On the other hand i really hope i can stick with one character (e.g. choose at the beginning like in Dishonored 2) for the entire game instead of switching between characters like in Mooncrash.

And also a faster GOG release :-P.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So they took Mooncrash and made a whole game of it.
Could be pretty promising. Mooncrash is cool, having the time and budget of a whole game to expand on that is good in my book.
Wasn't a big fan of Mooncrash. Hopefully there won't be a time limit\corruption meter, crap whatever, but hearing that whole kill the targets before midnight.....eh. We'll see. Anyway looks like Dishonored, same assets even (look at the doors), a bit too action-y for my tastes but I guess they have to put this stuff in the trailer. And what's with the whole Windblast power, pushing enemies left, right, up, through the windows? There's also Blink. Meh. Gonna wait for more details, I want to know just how much Mooncrash actually is in this game. I'm gonna play it regardless so, yeah.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Read a brief RPS article on this and it looks fascinating. Sort of Hitman-like where you're replaying a level to get the perfect run, only instead of it just being "load game", trying again is woven into the setting and systems. Single player with optional PVP incursions, far out. Also battle royale type settings turn me on. A lot for me to like here it seems.

Jinn

Arcane
Looks like it'll be a fun FPS at the very least. We're sorely lacking in those these days, so I'll keep an eye on this for sure. Neat concept too.

So they took Mooncrash and made a whole game of it.
Could be pretty promising. Mooncrash is cool, having the time and budget of a whole game to expand on that is good in my book.
Wasn't a big fan of Mooncrash. Hopefully there won't be a time limit\corruption meter, crap whatever, but hearing that whole kill the targets before midnight.....eh. We'll see. Anyway looks like Dishonored, same assets even (look at the doors), a bit too action-y for my tastes but I guess they have to put this stuff in the trailer. And what's with the whole Windblast power, pushing enemies left, right, up, through the windows? There's also Blink. Meh. Gonna wait for more details, I want to know just how much Mooncrash actually is in this game. I'm gonna play it regardless so, yeah.
I assume they're going that route because Dishonored is by far the best combat they've had in any of their games. Prey's definitely functional, but not all that exciting. Dark Messiah's fun in a memey way. Arx is Arx. Going high-chaos Dishonored on high difficulty is a lot of fun because even though you're hilariously powerful, you die in relatively few hits. Trying to mix that into a game where death is accounted for in the game design itself has me fairly excited even if it does look mechanically like they're lifting a lot from Dishonored.

The only thing that really gives me pause is how well they'll marry a full retail game with Mooncrash-like replayability/roguelightliterougelyte shit. Mooncrash is smaller in scope and shorter in run (Presumably). Even if this is supposed to be a 10-15-20 hour game, kept relatively short since it's made to be replayed, will they have the chops to make it satisfying for people who die on hour 9-14-19? Roguelikes can pull that off where having tens of hours invested into a character isn't that crushing if you die and start again, but Deathloop? Possibly if they have build diversity (Somehow) so not only can you tackle the world in a different order, you can go at it with different powers/weapons/etc. There'll probably be some meta-unlocking going on like Mooncrash, but I hope it isn't just "Die until you unlock enough powers to win", but we'll see.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Looks like Dishonored with guns gameplay wise, which I'm more than happy with. Don't give two shits about the haters, sorry. However I hate roguelike shit, so we'll see.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I thought it's going to be some multiplayer game no one asked for, glad i was wrong.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom