Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decent to play Flash games

Gregz

Arcane
I've been kinda hooked on Zombie Pandemic the last couple of days.
Too bad it has this Facebook-game Energy thing going on. Then again if it didn't, I would probably play the whole day straight :D

The game is a Zombie Survival MMO with turnbased combat. Kinda like Dead State but with social platform stuff and "energy".

This game is pretty fun.

I started a clan named "ITZ Codexia", clan tag ITZ, if anyone would like to join send an app my way (Gregz) and say you're from the Codex.

Wild Slop, Vaarna_Aarne, Kitako, Angelo85, @Codex

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Gregz I have send my application, name is "Angelo Burton". I roleplay myself, except that my in-game alter ego has a bigger penis than the real-life version.

Anyone knows if there is anything interesting to be found in the Subways by the way? So far I only traveled overland and through the Sewers.
The Sewers have not many lootable stuff in them except the odd corpse. But there are plenty of low HP Bat enemies that occasionally drop raw meat (crafted with Matches, which can be bought in the Stadium, you won't have to worry about food for a long time).

/e: Gregz why did you pump so many stat points into Constitution? Is there some benefit to it other than huge amount of hitpoints?
I pretty much spend my points across the board, with a little focus on Marksmanship which gives my Char decent %ages for Headshots further away.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Been playing http://castle.chirpingmustard.com/castle.html for the last few days. It's an idle game (like 'a dark room' or cookie clicker) but it's one of the most complex I've ever seen. It's a lot of fun figuring out how shit works without using the wiki. Though all the (clearly intentional) spelling errors are annoying the fuck out of me.

Gregz

Arcane
Gregz I have send my application, name is "Angelo Burton". I roleplay myself, except that my in-game alter ego has a bigger penis than the real-life version.

Anyone knows if there is anything interesting to be found in the Subways by the way? So far I only traveled overland and through the Sewers.
The Sewers have not many lootable stuff in them except the odd corpse. But there are plenty of low HP Bat enemies that occasionally drop raw meat (crafted with Matches, which can be bought in the Stadium, you won't have to worry about food for a long time).

/e: Gregz why did you pump so many stat points into Constitution? Is there some benefit to it other than huge amount of hitpoints?
I pretty much spend my points across the board, with a little focus on Marksmanship which gives my Char decent %ages for Headshots further away.

Got it, sent you an invite.

You can't train CON so I figured it made sense to dump all my points into that and train the rest.

Nice tip about the Sewers, food has been hard to come by.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
nkt2dws8.jpg

All you had to do was ask Gregz and we would have been more than happy to share our healthy food supply with your skinny butt.
But instead you decide to betray fair Codexia by joining those Tackleberry loosers!

May the machete rape squads of the post apocalypse haunt you in your dreams.

I understand that it gets tougher, still you kinda left us hanging bro :(
That being said I arrived in the upper half the city now, too. Did only a couple of quests but so far I still got plenty of ammo and food with 17,000 bottle caps sitting in my bank account as well.
Also 75% done on one escape vehicle and 70% through the main quest.

Gregz

Arcane
Angelo85 Wild Slop

Sorry bros, we're still bros rite?

*crickets*

rite?

nkt2dws8.jpg

Dat fud! So, the game just doesn't hold up after you've done the quests, I've all but stopped playing. It's kinda a bummer, there are some interesting features in the safe-house building, but all you can do is go in the streets and shoot at zombies with a machine gun and hope you make more money in random loot than you lost in ammo.

Anyway, the game has a cool premise and is fun while doing the missions, but it's clear the designers thought the idea of 'starting over' was fun and everyone would want to do that. I can't imagine what they were thinking, especially with a linear quest progression system and no classes, specialization, etc.

I'm sorry I joined the other clan and left you guys, it was a last ditch effort to see if I could find any longevity in the game. I think it's best played very slowly, non-premium, savored, the story-line progression is pretty fun, otherwise there's just nothing there.

I've been eying another flash game actually...

http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/game/

That one looks like it has a lot of depth, and lots of people are playing it, but I'm not sure what I'll play next honestly.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
That's a shame about the endgame. Since I'm almost finished too I want to see it through to the end of the story at least.

Dawn of the Dragons is good for what it is, I got a Character Level 273 over at Kongregate.com (don't know if they use the same Servers as the main Website), haven't played in quite a while though. It quickly becomes a log-in once a day kind of thing on the higher levels and - at least for me - got quite stale after a while because you do the same 2 to 3 monster raids over and over because they have the best loot / skillpoint ratio. So the other 300 or so available raids are pretty much never done. At least that was the case when I last played, like I said this is several months back.

Also it was extremely heavy pay-to-win in the PvP aspect.

6l7nguvs.jpg

Gregz

Arcane

Wild Slop

Arcane
That's close to the impression I had for end game. I sunk most of my dudes money into some mistakes and then supplies for the safe house. My end game goal was to get a half way decent Codexia safe house in order then to eat a bullet ... the game lets you do that, right? Buuuuuut I'm already losing interest so who can say?

Speaking of dude, the Lebowski look-a-like running "Jeff's Hardware" at x44, y55 was a nice touch.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
There were actually a couple portraits that I noticed which looked kinda familiar, especially to the Zombie/Horror genre fan. Though the resemblances are a little off sometimes, the sheer number of them suggest that they are modeled after actors / characters but weren't executed too closely either because artist sucked or they wanted to avoid a law suit :D

Or it is all just my imagination! Case in point I thought this guy kinda looked like Tom Savini:

trailer_park_(shop)_rKgz.jpg
Tom_Savini.jpg

Gregz

Arcane
Anyone play King's Road? It's a Diablo clone that looks really good, great presentation and easy to play. Having fun with it so far.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/RumbleGames/kingsroad

Ooooh this looks like a good one! Nice production value at least, amazing what they can do with browser games these days.

Playing on the game server though, kongregate tends to have a lot of ads and crap on it:

https://www.rumblegames.com/kingsroad/play

Avoid Kings Road at ALL COST bros, it's the most shameless Pay-2-Win model I've ever seen (and this is coming from a guy who's played more than a few).

You literally have to pay real money if you want to loot chests you come across, no joke, and it only gets worse. This game is not so much Pay-2-Win, as Pay-2-Survive at higher levels.

tl;dr - Somali scammers have learned to program. :decline:

Kitako

Arcane
Thanks for the heads up, I actually started that game (just for few minutes) before seeing it in this thread.

Well, fortunately I finally got some hardware (a shitty computer, but still better than my old netbook), so for a while I'm not going to touch any flash game for a while!

Renegen

Arcane
Yeah it really lacks content and the enemies are level scaled, fail...

This quest to find good flash games reminds me of my quest to find good MMOs. There's none, because they're all P2W at this point.

Gregz

Arcane
Kings Road has the assets and gameplay to be very solid, but they hamstrung it with P2W so badly that it just oozes greed. They even have pop-up 'special offers'...it's shameless and completely disengaging of immershuns.

I don't have a problem with P2W in principle (as long as it's not the only model out there), but there's a huge spectrum of abuse. In some games it's almost imperceptible and therefore not much of an issue, or it only costs $5 a month for 'premium' which offers most benefits...and programmers need to get paid too. Games at the far end of the spectrum however like Kings Road, are half drug dealer half slot machine - all greed and completely unethical.

Renegen

Arcane
I played it like 2 years ago, got to a clan that went as high as top 10 in the rankings and actually had my best multiplayer experience ever with that game lol. But I gave it up after a while and so did most people I played with. With each new passing expansion, the game is more and more P2W as it suffers from the typical power creep present in many MMOs.

What's funny is that I still recognize the name Pwnersaurus Rex in the top 20 in rankings, but everyone else is new.

Shralla

Educated
Somebody on RPS put it rightly when they said "the most satisfying action you can perform in a game is dashing." It's obviously not always true but I would say it's true quite often. It explains the blink in Dishonored, and even the addition of the "swoop" in Thiaf. So comes in Dojo of Death, a game in which your only method of attacking is dashing, and you can dash pretty much as fast as you can click. It's very satisfying.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/nicotuason/dojo-of-death

Renegen

Arcane
I recently started this little gem, Therian Saga.
http://www.theriansaga.com/ or referral link

Therian-Saga-screenshot-31.jpg

fatecraft-la-saga-des-therians-web-1353489517-005.jpg

It's not really a flash game, it's a crafting browser game (probably made with flash?). Now some of you may know of browser games, they manage to be pretty much the worse games ever because of how many microtransactions they have, this one is different.

The basic gameplay is a massive crafting game, you pick what your character specializes in, metal working, wood working, hunting, commerce, engineering and then you just explore the world and craft stuff. There's a total of 27 disciplines and you can master them all, with time. Say you want to craft a spear, you'll need to dig some ore, get some charcoal, purify the metal, then chop some wood, refine the wood into a handle, then craft everything into the spear. Items require different disciplines to make so that encourages trade and interactions with others. You can recruit NPCs to help with your skills or even tame monsters (that's what I specialize in). You can even craft whole towns eventually, and another late game are dungeons. Twink your character to the fullest, gulp some potions and then assault the dungeons, of course they offer rare rewards of their own.

What makes this game special is the gameplay is actually original, and it's extremely relaxed. The developers make money by having energy, you can buy potions to cut down on the time to do things of course, that's the P2W aspect of this game. But no one attacks you, you never lose anything for being a casual player, and it's not really the game you want to binge on. You can play the game for 20 minutes a day, just queue up actions until your energy runs out. Oh and you can buy the store currency on the auction house with your mad trading skills.

I know there's quite a few crafters out there on the Codex, it's a great one. I'm on the Wojtek server btw, Renegen. If we have enough codexers we could even form a guild, although believe me those things are most than just a group chat.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom