Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Somebody extended another 24h? Thanks, anonymous benefactor. :salute:

This turn is really hard to finish. SUDDEN loss of my best blood mage doesn't help either.

KoolNoodles

Arcane

This turn is really hard to finish. SUDDEN loss of my best blood mage doesn't help either.

Stephen-Colbert.gif

Dayyālu

Arcane

It was a mistake, I guess. Yesterday when KN posted I went and added 24 hours, I guess another kind soul did the same at the same time and we ended up with 48 hours.

If the majority prefers, I can cut them. Not a problem.

EDIT:

Who is this guy?

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Who is this guy?

Stephen Colbert?

He's primarily a satirical comedian in the US who got his start on a late night political comedy show, then moved on to play the role of a far right buffoon for laughs, mocking the worst of their kind by pretending to be one of them. He coined the word "Truthiness", which is now an actual word. It means roughly "The truth, but from your gut, not your head". He took it so far, that in real life some people didn't know he was acting. Also he used the role to expose a lot of shittiness about American politics, like campaign finance laws, electioneering, media propaganda, etc. Good stuff.

Now he's playing it straight on one of the major late night comedy channels.

This is one of my favorite segments, with a guy who crafts messages for other people. It's pretty interesting and intense.

This has been your biography in brief, by KN.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Gryphon Rock, on the border between Marignon and Atlantis

yhaoqh.png
The microphone is on? Freakin' Bogarussian tech-musicians told us IT HAD to work! Wait, now it's working!

bzoeod.jpg
*clears throat*. Brother and Sisters of the Atlantean Nation! I am prod to see our armies stand before me. To stand as one, in the face of horror, disease and defeat.

jwjhzf.jpg

bzoeod.jpg
Brothers and Sisters! The fateful day, the day we all feared, has come. Out of control from their unholy Masters, the Demons and Devils of Marignon have broken loose, and now the entire world stands on the precipice of disaster and eternal enslavement. I have SEEN what will happen if we fail. I have SEEN the price of failure. A broken world, under cruel rulers.

disciples-2-demon-city.jpg

bzoeod.jpg
This, my brethren, will be the future of all. Our armies are weak if compared with the endless numbers of the Demonic Hordes and their unstoppable generals, sure, but we have to try. Even in death, we have to endure. When they will come, they won't find us whimpering and crying, unworthy heirs of the glory of our ancestors.

cklzpd.png
(Mostly! If we lose, we get back to whimpering.)

bzoeod.jpg
We are not alone in this. From the Frozen Lands of Bogarus, armies gather to help our Crusade, even if their pitiful God has long tried to undermine our Realm.

cklzpd.png
(It's because KN is a greedy bastard. Should have killed him in the first ten turns.)

Miloradovichdefense.jpg

bzoeod.jpg
From Mictlan, despite our misgivings, feathered warriors, proud and our long-lost brothers now are read to strike at the demonic foes, their blood boiling at the chance of showing skill and honour against the otherwordly foe.

0e1558160b3282be672a157fd58c4b64.jpg

bzoeod.jpg
But the entire world stands at stake. From the lands of the Lizard Kings to the Woods of Pangaea and the fallen towers of the Lemurians, all are in danger. All will help. Let this thought guide your blades into the enemies' hearts, Children of Atlantis, because we have faced the horrors from beyond, and survived.

bzoeod.jpg
Will we fail in this struggle? Will we lay broken in defeat? I say we will NOT. I say the Demons will regret the day they ever decided to place their unholy claws upon our world. Discipline and Devotion, my brethren, and we will triumph! Now go, and even in your dying breath, remember this:

bzoeod.jpg
WE TRIED.

yhaoqh.png
And there is always next game, ofc. But I wanted to play Quake this evening! Can I get another 24 hours? THIS FEELS LIKE A JOB

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Wouldn't have pegged you for a Quaker, Dayyalu! I can add 24h if it's a serious request, I'm sick and busy and depressed and would be happy to extend the whole of reality by 24h if I could.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Modest Mussorgsky is drunk(not me, him) and also requests 24hr extension to finish his masterpiece(don't ask where I found this picture of Mussorgsky).

MussorgskyAlcoholic.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
I am tinkering final bits too, but I'm pretty much sick of this.

Modest Mussorgsky is drunk(not me, him) and also requests 24hr extension to finish his masterpiece(don't ask where I found this picture of Mussorgsky).

Ok, ok. Last one. Sorry everyone, this turn truly feels like work between all the scripting and the planning. And the variables.

Reminds me of the darker times of Decline 2.

Drat.

That said,

yhaoqh.png
Who's up for a Quake match? Does the Shareware version still work? ROCKET LAUNCHERS FOR EVERYONE

Wouldn't have pegged you for a Quaker, Dayyalu!

wat

sqeecoo

Arcane
It could have been 72h if you'd accepted the admin password!

Quake makes me nauseous (but I loved the russian pro player guy), I'm a CS man myslef.

Dayyālu

Arcane
What level was he?

Can't say. The frogs will feel unnecessary joy when they find out how many blood slaves were wasted on his empowerment.

But you can probably imagine LA Marignon's struggle for competent blood mages.

Tell me, all my "relevant" mages have Bottles and good bodyguards (maybe they will fail, who knows). Bad luck, or Bodyguards do now work on Horror attacks? I dimply remember they do, truth be told...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Bad luck, or Bodyguards do now work on Horror attacks?

Bodyguards work like usual. Which means some of them might not participate in battle, if they fail morale check.

I have bodyguards on relevant and non-relevant mages. Especially on him. But you know how it is - seems safe, no war with anybody yet (last turn of peace), and you need every bit you have on the borders. So you send bodyguards away. Why bother - you will summon new demons this very turn. Just one turn without protection.

And them boom.

:dead:

Fuck you, game.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
:negative:

Sorry guys I know I already tested your patience, I should have been free today but I got a call from work. Could someone extend 14 h please? I should be able to take my turn tomorrow morning...

sqeecoo

Arcane
Trying to finish off Lemuria:

You may call this brofist harvesting but it's clear that asking for extensions is what gets you the most brofists in this thread.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Who added extra 24 hours? Not that I'm complaining.

You may call this brofist harvesting but it's clear that asking for extensions is what gets you the most brofists in this thread.

Holy shit my RP posts get less brofists than extension requests :argh:

Everyone hates this game, it seems....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom