Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 10: New Blood for the Feast

Which era should we play in?

• Early Age

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

sqeecoo

Arcane
Oh, cool. Still, 10 players max?

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
You do your own thing noisenerd, don't listen to anybody (me included). Those liberuls only kill the fun. If you ask about people's opinions on every decision, this pbem will end up miserably. Dreaad here can tell you a story about his own game on another forum.

Yeah, I'm leaving the settings where they are. I think it's fair since everyone had access to the settings from the beginning. Thanks for the confirmation that my dictatorial streak isn't leading me astray though, Grimwulf. :) Also, I will take everything I've picked up here under consideration in the future, as I do intend to do this again. YOU'VE ALL BEEN WARNED.

Dayyalu, come on in, I just added a spot for you.

hoverdog, are you still joining us? I'd like to start the game tonight, but I'll give you another day if you need it.

I think everyone else has already submitted pretenders, but just to make sure we're all ready, I'm tagging everyone. Don't feel the need to reply unless you need more time though.

sqeecoo Grimwulf Zephyr Arsland Matalarata hello friend Muty KoolNoodles Lizzurd

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just to let you know, Kodex Kommunal Kalling can't ping more than 5-6 people in the same post. I know because I've lost many a game start even if I was pinged by some random gentleman. When you have to do that, just spam a couple messages and divide tags evenly.

That said, let the raep commence!

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
Just to let you know, Kodex Kommunal Kalling can't ping more than 5-6 people in the same post.

Oh, thanks for the heads-up. I see everyone else is in, so rather than try to guess who did or didn't see it I say we roll. If we don't hear from hoverdog by tonight, I'll extend it for one more day just in case, otherwise I think we're all set.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Leave the game settings alone, demmit!

:x

You do your own thing noisenerd, don't listen to anybody (me included). Those liberuls only kill the fun. If you ask about people's opinions on every decision, this pbem will end up miserably. Dreaad here can tell you a story about his own game on another forum.

Random player: OOPS, I staled! Let's rollback.
Host: Err, but we can't do a rollback because of a single stale. Let's put it to vote? I vote no.
Random player: I vote yes.
Everybody else: Yes, do a rollback, we don't even know what the fuck is going on, hurray!

A host must be a tyrant.
Actually at the moment it's 6vs4 for no vote, with only couple of hours to go :smug:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Huh, I go away for a day and there's an orgy of talking and cajoling and whatnot. If I'd been here, I would've supported noisenerd's settings, just for the sake of sticking to something to the very end. I don't give a fuck. I am Ulm. Ghouls surfing on magical halberds upon a sea of blood. Or so says the back of the package.

ANYWAYS, this rocks. Just say the word :bunkertime:

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
No word from hoverdog, I'm not sure what the situation is on his end, so let's give him an extra day. That makes it about 18 hours from this post. We've had a couple of power outages here tonight, so should the worst happen I give the Deputies permission to push the "start" button in my absence so at least the first turn can get sent out. I'm not expecting that to actually be necessary, but just in case.

sqeecoo

Arcane
He isn't back for Decline 9 either, despite saying he'd be back on Monday. It's obviously something somewhat serious (I hope it's not too bad), so there's no telling when he'll be back. Up to you how long you want to wait. No hurry on my part, but also fine with starting now.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
...It's obviously something somewhat serious (I hope it's not too bad), so there's no telling when he'll be back. Up to you how long you want to wait.

Indeed, hope he's ok. I'll give him until tonight just in case. At this point I wouldn't be able to do much until later today anyway.

noisenerd

Learned
Patron
BattleTech
IT HAS BEGUN!

Sorry, long day, nodded off for a bit, but the first turns have been sent. Set to 48 hour quickhost. Looks like hoverdog even made it!

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Somewhere in the Zee

ppjpapjivl.jpg

bjrzttpkie.jpg
If the weather holds up, we'll be in the city in a week or less.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
Still can't believe we're doing this. Our cap'n is mad, I tell ye.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Aren't we all, bosun?

yfpqnlukps.jpg
You've never been in Marignon, me beauty. You don't know these curs. They will hang us as soon as we drop the anchor.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
Actually, they promised to forget all our crimes, replenish supplies, provide some fresh recruits...

yfpqnlukps.jpg
You cannot trust these blaggards! We are pirates, for devil's sake! We've been plundering local settlements for ages!

bjrzttpkie.jpg
And that's exactly why they need our service. "Adrian" is the most notorious pirate ship in the world.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
So now we work for Marignon? Like some military service? Sink me.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
More like mercenaries. Same old pillage and plunder, only now we do it "in the name of Marignon" and "claim what is rightfully ours by Divine Right!"

yfpqnlukps.jpg
So? "I plumbed yer mother" and "I plumbed her by Divine Right" sounds all the same.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
See? I told ye. Hah, they're gonna name our cap'n the Prophet! With fancy ceremony an' all that.

yfpqnlukps.jpg
My arse be damned. That makes me some sort of holy warrior, following the orders of a Saint.

bjrzttpkie.jpg
As long as these land lubbers pay us with gold and rum... wait... what's this? CAPTAIN! I SEE A MERCHANT BARQUE ON THE HORIZON! IT'S LOADED!

wowzfqtpvy.jpeg

miqwxxuyug.jpg
I say Marignon can wait. Bosun! Rise the black flag.

rwfhaevmfw.jpg

Lizzurd

Cipher
The Grand Capital of Rome (Also known as Northen Ermor)

fatlvbglnw.png

vpdtbwfifl.png
The ritual is finally finished. Now i have got the so desired immortality! Many years of work and now i have achieved this! It is time to hold a feast. Let the world know about my achievement. Guards! Enter.

ojlvkrywua.png
GUARDS! The king is corrupted! Priests!

vpdtbwfifl.png
How fool are you! I have been missing for only a few hours and now you call me corrupted!? Guards, take this madman to prison!

cqnpzflzsz.png
Our king is undead! Pantokrator, kill him!

vpdtbwfifl.png
What has happened to you all? Was the whole guard been cursed!? I will kill you for this words!

jffvnfwpqb.png

The guards are running away. After a few seconds a silent figure approaches.

dunjtssjnl.png
The great king! Let me explain what has happened for the last week.

vpdtbwfifl.png
The whole week? So now i understand. But what happened to their minds? And what's wrong with you face?

dunjtssjnl.png
Lizzurd, this is not the short story, and even I don't know all details. The ritual was disturbed by unknown force. Now the whole royal court, everyone who were attending the ritual, are corrupted and turned to undead. Or at least it seems to be so. I have awakened only today and don't know the whole story yet.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Impossible. And now I am not the immortal king but the hated undead? But how did I save my consciousness?

dunjtssjnl.png
It seems we are not the true undead. I don't know the answer, but it looks like we are both immortal and undead. We have to do a great research so we could understand the situation. But at the moment the whole palace is hostile to us. It is even a problem to get out of here.

vpdtbwfifl.png
Dear Lucius, I am sure you are wrong now. The royal guard was participating in the ritual too. Do you hear this noise below? They are already fighting with the livings. We don't have to run. (The voice is decreasing) ...And it is not so bad to be the king of undead. Isn't it what I was dreaming for my whole life?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Guys! Guys, I'm here to be the Pope to end all Popes. No need to get overboard with storytelling since each one of you is gonna be converted to the universal faith...

5y5l3om.png

Lizzurd

Cipher
Yeah, about that...

cfnyemfqqe.jpg
vpdtbwfifl.png
Although it is not in the king's honor to speak with the smugglers and pirates, i will grant you my attention. My reign was so long and prosperous that the pathetic lords of surrounding countries turned to the only weapon fitting their miserable honor - evil lies and gossips. Their fool minions began to spread gossips that I am the woman. However the best tribunes and quaestors of Sceleria found the way to turn their lies to the good deed. Now simple folk believe that i am the "Mothed of Gods", "Mistress of War" and know me under other honor titles. It is better then to be the poor smuggler, isn't it?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
vpdtbwfifl.png
Although it is not in the king's honor to speak with the smugglers and pirates, i will grant you my attention. My reign was so long and prosperous that the pathetic lords of surrounding countries turned to the only weapon fitting their miserable honor - evil lies and gossips. Their fool minions began to spread gossips that I am the woman. However the best tribunes and quaestors of Sceleria found the way to turn their lies to the good deed. Now simple folk believe that i am the "Mothed of Gods", "Mistress of War" and know me under other honor titles. It is better then to be the poor smuggler, isn't it?
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Dayyālu

Arcane
image66-e1418940680439.jpg

When mad things, False Gods, Spectres, pompous lizards and foolish humans raise their heads...

Ours is the blade that descends.

(Shitty starting position, though!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom