Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 15: Underwater Friends

• EA UW, I want Therodos to suffer

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • MA UW, Rise of the Bats

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • LA UW, Why are you doing this

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Eadee

Scholar
He can make flying ship maybe? Unless its cloud trapeze plus desperation strat.
The idea was to invade a less defended province with prepared flying carpets, cloud trapeze and winged shoes, set up a lab and gateway the big army there.
Sadly I had to realise that you can't fly over frozen water and cloud trapeze considers the range to any other island to be 999 Provinces :retarded:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The idea was to invade a less defended province with prepared flying carpets, cloud trapeze and winged shoes, set up a lab and gateway the big army there.
Sadly I had to realise that you can't fly over frozen water and cloud trapeze considers the range to any other island to be 999 Provinces :retarded:

It's still one of the most retarded plans I've read (you consider that all my important provinces are fortified and that i have a shitton of S casters for Teleport, right) even without considering that leaves all your UW lands to be conquered at will by Pelagia. Plus what, I should be quiet and let you conquer my thrones (all fortified bar one and heavily guarded-with mages and mercs, atlantean troops aren't worth shit).

Have you even put some thought in this? I seriously hope the "can't fly over water"\cloud trapeze doesn't work is merely misdirection and that you can, because otherwise it's simply embarassing.

this is how you Throne Rush: the victims know nothing until you hit them.
Why do you assume so?

No gameplay attempt to stop me until Ys decided to suicide itself. Sure, Pelagia has an outrageous headstart in everything now (research, income etc) but worth a try.

Dayyālu

Arcane
FD7jYvH.jpg

God, it's true. Nothing works. Shit, you just killed yourself.

VALUABLE GAMEPLAY ADVICE

Now, not talking as opponent but as fellow Dominions player, every time you have a "great idea" TEST IT.

Download the Debug Mod, it gives you a ton of ways to test stuff (Wish for 1 gem, unit with 9 in all paths, cheesy spells).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IGmBe9vPavc0dkdVFReUs5RGs/view

It's built to let players try the somewhat obscure mechanics of Dominions. There was once even a great test map, I lost it, but a random generated one also works if you want to check how that GREEEEAT IDEA is gonna work against that army of statues\Tartarians\skellitons.

Eadee

Scholar
It was still worth it, to stop you from throne rushing Dayyālu

But I find it hilarious how you think I'd be defenseless underwater, just because I have some stuff on land.

Sure Pelageya might be tough, but honestly, you are the bigger threat and I think jot4oj knows that.

It's a cold war you wanted to end by rushing. I prevented you from doing so, and now you're pissed, I get that. :positive:

Real (stupid) men test it (everything) in production!

Or maybe lazy rather than stupid. Sometimes it'd be lot of work getting to test conditions you'd need for your experiment, even with debug mod.

Dayyālu

Arcane
It's a cold war you wanted to end by rushing. I prevented you from doing so, and now you're pissed, I get that.

The proper way to stop me from Throne Rushing would have been to met me in battle, as we both had a good army (my only one) on the Throne. That would have been honourable.

You are completely defenseless UW against Pelagia, and if you dare to check the turn he has already wrecked your economy by simply casting another global. If you think that I am the bigger threat you need to work a lot on basics, because MA Atlantis barely works while MA Pelagia is a monster. And he's richer and he has more research than me.

It's not that you stopped a Throne rush: you stopped it by killing yourself in a very, very stupid way.

Real (stupid) men test it (everything) in production!

Or maybe lazy rather than stupid. Sometimes it'd be lot of work getting to test conditions you'd need for your experiment, even with debug mod.

Yep, I agree, but in this case it was literally 5 min. Plus we play Dominions, we thrive on boredom. THAT SAID, even if I killed all your raiding forces (mostly by luck), are you willing to let me finish off Ys to soothe my soul and then I leave you winning the game? As sqeecoo said, no chance in hell to win this conventionally. All I could manage would be a long, boring fight that would kill our will to live.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Man I love that map art. Also this game got hilarious quickly. Dayyālu send me a turn file? :hug:

Later.

Enjoy the map.

x3gSId4.jpg

Boring our enemy to death is no valid strategy? :|

You are dead in any case, as your best troops are camping on the (flooded) seaside now.

I am dead in any case, as Pelagia is , well, Pelagia. I see no reason to suffer more.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Bro, I could have maybe beaten Pelagia if you hadn't stabbed me in the back or *gasp* helped. A strong R'lyeh would be much less invincible than what you have to deal with now :)

Dayyālu

Arcane
Bro, I could have maybe beaten Pelagia if you hadn't stabbed me in the back or *gasp* helped. A strong R'lyeh would be much less invincible than what you have to deal with now :)

Yer completely right, buuut....

Pelagia is far less dangerous abovewater. The Throne rush had been planned for a long long time as the only theoretical chance to win. You are also far more dangerous as a player, and Starspawns lategame are monstrous.

I bet and I lost. I would have preferred to go out with a bang (losing the Throne battle) or winning, but you'd agree there's no chance to win UW against Pelagia, particularly now that my aboveland provinces are cut off and he can rampage freely.

But I'd complain that losing this way is .... silly.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Eadee , it's kinda useless to rate my posts butthurt. I lost, but I would have preferred to lose in a less.... we can say, Dominionesque\zany way.

Just imagine.

lUPAeuS.jpg
MY FAITHFUL SERVANTS, THE THRONE IS CLAIMED. WITNESS MY POWERS AS WE STOP OUR ENEMIES!

lUPAeuS.jpg
NOW, SEAS, HEED MY CALL: FREEZE!

frozen_sea_5.jpg

lUPAeuS.jpg
MY POWERS ARE ENDLESS. NOW, MY FAITHFUL PEOPLE, RISE TO THE SKIES! I HAVE PREPARED TOOLS FOR YOU! RISE AND FLY!

QkRJ7cJ.jpg
'k Boss, goin' Boss

* Carpet falls with a loud crashing sound *

QkRJ7cJ.jpg
Boss, not workin'

lUPAeuS.jpg
FEAR NOT MY MINIONS, OUR MAGIC WILL SUPPORT US NONETHELESS! UNLEASH YOUR MAGICAL ARTS!

QkRJ7cJ.jpg
Boss, even this isn't workin'

lUPAeuS.jpg
LIFE IS SUFFERING.

Meanwhile, underwater....

p4pK9Lo.jpg
I am baffled at the developments.

9yS8ITm.jpg
Yippee ki-yay!

What's so bad about Pelagia other than the cap-only sacreds? And we're at turn 63, they're just a small piece of the picture now.

Pelagia is awesome. But Starspawns can fight abovewater better.

Eadee

Scholar
Allright, that post made me laugh, I'll remove the butthurt rating of the last post.

Morrowind is stille the best :)

...good times.

Dayyālu

Arcane
...good times.

Different times, some memories. Digital ones maybe, but are they so inferior to a good book?

(Translator's note: this means Dayyalu figured a way around Sea of Ice and proceeds to win the game in a few turns.)

I honestly don't expect anything else.

I'm curious how long he will wait before dispelling the sea of ice.

I am not Grimwulf and this is MA ATLANTIS, what the fuck I am supposed to do if Pelagia gets an army in

When I offer to surrender I'm kinda serious, when I cry that I'm going AI I'm shitposting

Usually

Dayyālu

Arcane
He rushed thaum9 and will now teleport an entire army.

In two turns?

Ok, let's see: I need 25 gems par army for Astral Travel (in the unlikely case I can get Thaum9, and Thaum is kinda useless for MA Atlantis at this stage). Plus Ys' army is sacred heavy and I have MA Atlantis troops, so the only way I can win is through a mage-heavy deployment (or cleaning the table with battlefield spells, but good luck killing elves with Earthquake, gotta use something unconventional).

The problem is that I can Dispel Sea of Ice, but I can't do it fast enough before Ys fortifies the place, requiring me to siege a fucking fort while Pelagia rampages and I have no defenses against a proper Pelagian assault (he has double my troops and his armies are worth a damn).

I have honestly tried to find a way to win this, but I'm strategically outplayed. There are a couple of things that could help, but eeeehhh, Dominions planning is not built on sheer luck.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I have been involved in some urgent business dealings so have been staling - but I'll get back into it I swear.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Did my stack get blown up yet, whoever is playing light-blue can you just fucking kill me already

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom