Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 2, We Require More Rains of Stones

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
ecokzphpuf.jpg

:prosper:

After thousands of years hours of exile, the monkey people have finally returned to their ancestral home! Praise the lord lady!

During the battle our beloved swordmaster Igarak butchered countless enemies and in the end - while sweeping up the remaining routing/fatigued out Xibalban troops - he managed to butcher himself as well. Stone Sword is not a toy, children.

for one day Xibalba will come back

Don't take too long.

On our heels came the armies of Atlantis, thirsting for monkey blood. And this time they may succeed. And then there would be no lsd party for you to come back for. And you would forever be remembered as Batman-Who-Lost-A-Fort-To-Damn-Monkeys-And-Needed-Frogs-To-Save-His-Ass.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seeing as my only ally went AI and I cant win this I have decided to pursue ending this game, it dragged on for way longer than expected. I fucked up too hard and now Im stuck in this bad position.

I hold too many important strategic points to just go AI therefore I will sell my support (and thrones) to the side that offers me best terms post ascending.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Seeing as my only ally went AI and I cant win this I have decided to pursue ending this game, it dragged on for way longer than expected. I fucked up too hard and now Im stuck in this bad position.

I hold too many important strategic points to just go AI therefore I will sell my support (and thrones) to the side that offers me best terms post ascending.

Xibalba will spare the elven tree, but rename it from "Boring One" to "Undefeated One". It will not be worshipped among men and mer, but it will be the embodiment of Stubborness til the end of times. Your lands will no longer be tormented by Xibalban magics, and there will be no blood hunting among your population. Your people will be protected from evil underwater creatures and unwise humans from another continent.

Your generals will be appointed as first military advisors of Xibalba, for the defenders of TNN were the only ones who could survive Xibalban assaults.

The batlings of Xibalba will be told scary stories about furious druids who annihilated thousands of bats by evoking stones from the sky. If batlings will behave themselves bad, the druids will come for them. Or so the batmen-parents will tell 'em.

Rain of Stones spell will be outlawed til the end of times after Xibalba ascends.

Dayyālu

Arcane

I see no reason to threat differently TNN than the other stuff I've conquered. We'll slaughter the elites, imprison or outright kill the Pretender and set up a puppet government by the people for the people.

The common population will enjoy the growth and order typical of the Atlantean empire, and rights (and duties) in no way different from the conquered peoples of Hinnom, Mictlan and Berytos (so no blood hunts, necromancy and the like). The place needs some serious public works, by the way. Roads, mostly. Cities with good walls, too.

And free fish all year. But that's a given for those under my rule. Do you like fried stuff? Basalt Kings are excellent cooks in their free time.

That's it. And to consider my words better than the batmen, because big promises are the province of politicians and populists, and they do rarely mantain their part of the bargain when in a position of power. Spartan law is harsh, but better than the honey words of Athens.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
TNN is about to pass out, so I thought I might as well make a post dedicated to him. ПОЕХАЛЕ

saetjitfun.png

The first correlation is our first war, when Xibalba managed to raid most of TNN's turf, but couldn't capture a single fort, except for one (back then TNN didn't have access to Fog Warriors + Rain of Stones). Xibalba saw no solution to TNN problem and had to cease fire in order to stop wasting gold and resources on that futile war - there were many other sweeter targets. Like Ulm and Mictlan. Despite being stuck in truly desperate position, TNN refused to cease fire unless Xibalba returns all conquered lands back. Enraged Batman had to agree in the end, but still kept one sweet fort (6 gem income; two provinces away from TNN cap).

After ceasing fire, Xibalba and TNN became rather decent allies for a long time. Xibalba won a war against Machaka; TNN pwnd Arcoscephale. Both of us were growing stroner.

Then came Lizzurd and convinced TNN to jump on Xibalba. It didn't end well for both of them.

vpmugbjiqg.png

TNN holds to his forts rather good. Just like during the first war, Xibalba cannot storm TNN's forts, filled with mages. Neither with armies, nor with SC - elven scripts protect him against all kinds of threats, IF he has the first combat turn. If not - Xibalba tears him in shreds. So this is how modern TNN looks like:

ydsfrdsepm.jpg

innroalhoj.jpg

Raided and besieged, tormented by unrest-increasing and income-decresing rituals, awaiting the inevitable domkill. Unable to launch a couter-attack, yet refusing to give up the forts. Another war. Another stalemate.

blfbtlyawu.png

Not much to say here, although we batmen can't understand why wasn't TNN's income royally fucked by Pertpetual Storm. Xibalba experienced a MAJOR dropdown the month it took effect, while TNN bately noticed. A mystery.

dzihyuuvgp.png

Nothing much to say. Xibalba sitesearched its provinces with care.

kpuurtrgwq.png

Xibalban research after the patch was tragic and laughable. Machaka saved it at some point, agreeing to sell Lightless Lanterns by more or less honest price. At least Machaka agreed to sell A LOT of them, while greedy Atlantis refused to do it at all. Xibalba would be likely long dead if not for that major research boost.

A bit later, Ermor helped even more with Skull Mentors. Thank you, friend.

TNN had a long-lasting advantage in research, but thankfully never used it back then.

inaatowsup.png

The whole world worships BATMAN

uapujkyshg.png

During the whole party, TNN was counting solely on thuggin' strategy. He never deployed any major armies. The raiding strategy could be effective against other nations, but you can't pimp the pimp lord.

We wish elves luck on their journey to Oblivion! Your survival skillz are something to remember.

Coming next turn: Lanka analysis.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Goddamit, TNN. You are about to vanish literally this turn. Come out and fight me, you can't die hiding!

Here, I even made a screen of my script for extra advantage:

qymefolixa.jpg

ksphoduxwx.jpg

Just don't ask to screen other armies. It actually took me 15 minutes to cut.

YOLO-CHARGE! GLORY AND DEATH! COME ON! It's not like anything matters at this point.

Lizzurd

Cipher
5 rain of stones should destroy this army with ease. What else matters?

sqeecoo

Arcane
Guise, I'm off tomorrow to a camping trip till the 14th or so. Shall we have an extension? Or just let me stall? I'm fine either way, this is almost over just letting you know :)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Score graphs, people!

Black - Xibalba
Blue - Atlantis
Green - TNN
Purple - Ermor
Yellow - Lanka

Atlantis used be the leader during the whole game, followed closely (end eventually bested) by Xibabla. Lanka and TNN were criminally passive. Ermor was stable.

jtigeamgmv.png

Xibalba loves forts :3

I find it fascinating that Lanka was way ahead of TNN in fort building until the war with Xabalba and Atlantis.

ibfvxapwfm.png

TEH CASH

Xib and Atlantis are way ahead of the rest of the world. Ermor always had a surprisingly gud economy for such a small nation, territory-wise.

tflcyawkgu.png

Nothing shocking here.

cslfrnnozs.png

Atlantis dominated research in this game. Ermor did surprisingly great once again. Xibalba STRUGGLED. Goddamn 4.17 patch.

tnloecrfvq.png

EVERYBODY WORSHIPS BATMAN

1,5 autists worship other gods.

xirhlraiud.png

This is how you do army, gentlemen.

kxreerlqdc.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
This is what happens when a UW nation and a Blood/Flying stealth raider nation refuse to engage due to micro hell.

Even if I do not doubt that Xibalba would have come out as a winner against me, in the end.

Provinces and income are fairly simple to explain: UW provinces got occupied quite early, and no one dared to set foot UW (or more correctly, many were kind enough to leave the sea to me). Xibalba started to run after me only nowadays after the collapse of Marverni and gaining a ton of provinces against the AI. Plus it should be considered that I never did the switch to all-summons army like Xibalba did, so my income was quite lower than his due to wages. Explains the fort discrepancy in the midgame.

Gemcount was due to a micro hell of sistesearch. Gosh, how simpler is to cast Voice of Tiamat UW.

About research, I don't know. It's not that Xibalba and the others do not have access to good research monkeys, and after reaching Con6 it's only a matter to keep the Apprentices of the deep equipped. Two Hoburgs provinces conquered kinda early gave me a good boost for a cheap price. I'd bet that a very good player would have ruled the world with the kind of research I obtained, but I am not such a good player. It's incredibly suprising that Ermor has a similar research to Xib.

Dominion: Blood sacrifice. Do I need to tell anything else? Even 70+ Temple checks are not enough to avoid the freakin' Dominion bleed. Never let Blood Powers get to lategame. Never.

Army: Meh. I kept up some bad strategies from Decline1. I never liked summoned armies and huge amount of troops too much: it's a pity that Deep Ones are so flimsy. It's noticeable where Xib started to got full summoned army thanks to his national spells and paths.

Overall, a nice game, that dragged too long in the end. There is still TNN to domkill (won't be long) and Lanka's last army to purge, and then we will see if I die of microing due to Bats or will be too sick of this to continue. EA Atlantis is still fun, but not as fun as its LA incarnation, sadly.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Yes, the game became rather exhausting, but I had my fair share of fun. I'll have warm memories of this.

Surprises (to me): huge difference in dominion between Atlantis and Xibalba

I got fairly cheap H2 recruitables, and I use them to bloodsac in every temple. I got temples in almost every fort. So, yeah.

bbrjefaoml.jpg

It's noticeable where Xib started to got full summoned army thanks to his national spells and paths.

It's not like I had recruitable units to rely upon. Summoned armies is the only way to roll when playing EA Xibalba. I had several factories set up (mostly in Conj/Ench discount provinces), each stocked with decent number of S2 casters, ready to Gateway them where I need. Worked for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom