Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
OOOOK

THIRTEEN GODDAMN PLAYERS

I hereby close the sign-ups and goshdammit I have to generate a 13 players map

If we're going for a random map in the end this might be worth a try:

https://corbeau.itch.io/cartographic-revision

It's terrible. It requires fixed starting positions or fixed nations, and it crashes if you get UW nations and you select "generic" starting positions, and you can select water provinces density or other things.

Very pretty though. Kinda unplayable.

I need to shut up and let other people do the work. We're using a map created with this.

SO

Lizzurd
mondblut
KoolNoodles
Matalarata
sqeecoo
coldcrow
Berekän
JagreenLern
raw
Joined on the 4th of July
Chef_Hathaway
Infinitum
@Dayyalu

THE COUNCIL OF THIRTEEN HAS SPOKEN

We'll wait for Agesilaus and then I'll start map creation. Horizontal wraparound, 13-15 provinces per player. I had a great map ready but well, let's wait if we get player number 14.

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want in. How do I sign up.

EDIT: Ok, I read the FAQ on page 2. Apparently I need to generate a god and then email it to the site and they will add me to the list? I am not at home so I can't do it until tonight, sorry.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
I want to in. How do I sign up.

In MP we play through Llamaserver.

http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=1890
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Decline20

MAP IS HERE DOWNLOAD IT AND RESUBMIT YOUR PRETENDERS

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2Nu8uBCA1kcRlpDek82Y25JZDg

We're gonna use a map I found on llamaserver, SteamedBabies. Looks cool and it supports 14 players. Download all the files (the .map and both the image files).

You place the map file (all of them) in the map file folder. It's in the Users\AppData\Dominions section or whatever, NOT in the install folder. That's for windows of course, I don't know shit about Linux or Mac.

UPLOAD YER PRETENDERS

I give you 2-3 days before forcestarting. Ok, comrades?

EDIT: it seems you don't even need to resubmit Pretenders. golden.

EDIT2:

Lizzurd ULM
mondblut YS (SEA ELVES)
KoolNoodles MICTLAN
Matalarata PYTHIUM
sqeecoo AGARTHA
coldcrow ASHDOD
Berekän
JagreenLern
raw
Joined on the 4th of July MAN
Chef_Hathaway ARCO
Infinitum URUK
@Dayyalu MARIGNON
Agesilaus

Last edited:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Bandar Log

iu

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you guys have to do a bigger(random) map, which seem to generate much better, I can join as Mictlan.

With a few early stales of course...... :M
If that new multi-turn move feature works through stales, you're bound to win this thing. :D

I am really loving that feature....

It seems a tad buggy for me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't; if there's any sort of obstruction, the game sometimes doesn't draw a path for the unit.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
In as Tian Qi, the Imperial Bureaucracy. The Legalist state is ready to annex the region of "Steamed Babies".

Dayyālu

Arcane
FUCKING WEEB GOBLINS

You made me Google that. I didn't want to google that.

R4WC91E.jpg

Well, time to purge and scourge. Dammit, endless chances to use Warhams\DD comics in diplomacy! I struck Gold!

SUBMIT SUBMIT SUBMIT

EDIT:

For the newbies amongst us, I'd like to add a disclaimer: "Dominions Diplomacy". In Dominions MP games diplomacy is usually considered non-binding: people will outright lie at you. Some (like me) like to keep their word, but they are a minority.

The only thing that's considered binding is commerce. If you promise gems for items or exchanges, that's binding.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Just to let you know Dayyālu while testing the map I had many crashes on world creation due to players sharing the same position. Otherwise it seems perfectly fine, some starting provinces have the mandatory 3 connection with an unfrozen river blocking one, while others share 5 connections with mountains, forests, farmland and the occasional swamp or waste for some sitesearch.

I foresee extreme initial butthurt...
:love:
and I love it!

...Am I a bad person?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom