Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Sure were some glorious battles this turn.
What I don'T understand is why the Darkness battle ench. vanished in the battle between Ulm and Shinu. I am not sure how many rounds were left, but sure looked like the skelespam was breaking through. Without darkness the wolves + rest of army held. Great fireworks though.
Unfocused research is biting my ass - I really need cloud of death or a similar nuke.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
The Shinu/Ulm battle wasn't too bad either. I thought maybe Shinu had a chance there for a second, but too much blizzard spam hitting random mages. Still, not a bad showing all things considered.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Sure were some glorious battles this turn.
What I don'T understand is why the Darkness battle ench. vanished in the battle between Ulm and Shinu. I am not sure how many rounds were left, but sure looked like the skelespam was breaking through. Without darkness the wolves + rest of army held. Great fireworks though.
Unfocused research is biting my ass - I really need cloud of death or a similar nuke.

Perhaps the mage retreated/died from communion fatigue/got hit by a blizzard. Those would be my guesses but I'm not sure I want to comb through that battle. :)

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Just spied on Ulm. I am so far behind on research(and income). Damn you shitty scales build. :lol:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Here you go:
RX7Gln8.jpg

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Because diversity? Some of us bring enchanted Dragon Dildoes, eldritch strapons and arcane leather harnesses. Others, like yours truly, love to have a sparkly pride parade, with the smoke machine (fog warriors), light(nings), brainwashing of the younger generations (why dominate mind, you say?) and giggles (ball lightning!!1!).

mondblut

Arcane
Tell us how the thing works when it happens!

Like dat:

FVWPc9Z.jpg

Next turn Eater of Rims attacked another of my thrones and got pwned a second time, this time underwater (another rudra with wave trident swapped for one of moonblades). The same turn the last AIs' dominion got snuffed out. As a parting fuck you, Eater of Gods ate one of my disciples, so she couldn't join the afterparty :(

An update from the game where doom horrors are not hunted for sport by dual-wielding rudras: at least the Maker of Ruins after making one successful landing sticks around and begins wandering and conquering provinces, maybe with the intent of reaching another throne by foot, but clearly having pathfinding issues. So it's less of a completely random whackathrone whackahorror and more of a reenactment of the infamous "I made eater of the dead my prophet...halp!" story.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
:smug: Thank you, KoolNoodles ! I was searching for the reason why I won this but couldn't find it. Awesome.

Edit: I have still no idea why ->
jw8tODn.jpg

I was beaten, everyone retreated or was dead, but somehow I won?

edit2: Might be a case of discrepancy between server and local batte results. KoolNoodles Do your scouts see a more accurate replay? Because in mine I get stomped.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane
coldcrow

Battle replay is off. You were certainly on the run in it. I did a massive double take when I saw "Bakemono Sorcerers: 2 dead And Golems: 3 dead".

I guess the skelly spam in the actual battle worked better. :lol:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, but how could have it been SO different? I mean it was pretty much a rout in the battle replay, quite one-sided. I've seen SOME discrepancies between replay and result before, even some resulting in a different win/loss outcome (like SC failing/not failing MR check).
But here I can't even imagine what could have swung the battle so far in the other direction.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Llamaserver runs on Linux.

Completely different battle results at times. It's merely enough that a single roll change.

Usually it's a roll no one will notice (like a spear doing 6 damage instead of 3) or maybe this was a HP rout and the Golems , being Morale 50, never retreat, merely disappear. Golems are do or die weapons and with the regen changes .... I dunnow if it's still worth to spam them, they are exceedingly easy to kill if prepared now for their price.

This was probably a HP mass rout with some unlucky mass mage escape (I don't see dead smiths and that could be the thing) and Shinu pulled a magnificent win out of the cap.

As they say,

I WANT TO BELIEVE

Because 9 times out of 10 you'll lose your battle, but sometimes Dominions autism will support you and cost your enemy 150 gems or something. And that's awesome.

sqeecoo

Arcane
The thing is, the troops aren't dead either.
Only about as many as would be reasonably expected from what you see in the battle replay, less than half. Definitely not hp-rout material, I think. As I said, I understand the discrepancy when it's a close battle or when you're relying on something very RNG-susceptible like a SC, where one check can decide the battle.

Here, I just don't see what could have been so different to cause such a weird loss with so comparatively few actual losses.

Yeah, I really want to see how it actually went down.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Total HP of Ulm's forces (base HP): 2152
Losses: 1092 (2 Golems were shattered, 1 might have died after battle). This triggered the 50% loss rule, now Ulm's squads had to check every round vs morale. Then enough fled to trigger the 75% autorout.

That is the most likely explanation. Still very weird as the battle replay shows Shinuyama routing...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom