Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Decline 20: Dominions 5: Defenders of the Faith

What era we play in?

• MA

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • EA

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • LA

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah, for the extreme price the drop in usefulness as soon as spells are online is not really worth it, I think. Still, any decent sacred will be basically immortal against normal troops with it. I mean the naked Scelerian vestals are extremely powerful because of it, putting it on something like a centaur is insane. But fireballs melt you just the same.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I played around with Pangea and decided to submit my pretender for Machaka - Dayyālu FYI

Bugs > Mammals

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
We've started already?? Ulm seems to be a swamp in the mountains. Don't even know how that's possible.

Infinitum

Scholar
Nice, flat start position, throne close by without being adjacent, 5 connections. Praise her!

Lizzurd

Cipher
does everyone except sqeecoo think their position is awesome? we are probably all really close :D
Then I could be at least happy that I am far from you all and I will have some time to expand despite all those numerous obstacles around! ;)

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah, for the extreme price the drop in usefulness as soon as spells are online is not really worth it, I think. Still, any decent sacred will be basically immortal against normal troops with it. I mean the naked Scelerian vestals are extremely powerful because of it, putting it on something like a centaur is insane. But fireballs melt you just the same.
Nah, ethereal is trash. You can get a close enough effect with Stygian Skin, for a high-prot (but low natural prot) sacred it can be just as valuable as ethereal vs basic chaff. Against higher strength attacks ethereal is ofc much better, but then you factor in the cost... Ethereal is trash though an S10 caster can be very nice obviously. Twist Fate is p. easily the most cost-effective S Incarnate bless, most of the non-incarnate S blesses are very nice too.

Infinitum

Scholar
2 trash provinces full of undead, 2 50-odd tribes and a heavy cav trap. Fuck me. Praise rescinded.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Does anyone know of a way to change dominion border color or province name color? Because on this map, I hate both. Really hard to see dominion around/on plains/farms(dominion candles w/ income box helps a little, but I generally like to play with that off...too much clutter), and the grey province text might as well not be there for most of the map, especially when zoomed out.

Does anyone know of a way to change dominion border color or province name color? Because on this map, I hate both. Really hard to see dominion around/on plains/farms(dominion candles w/ income box helps a little, but I generally like to play with that off...too much clutter), and the grey province text might as well not be there for most of the map, especially when zoomed out.
For those two there's probably no way, but you can change the bitmap files (tga) to be darker (just don't touch the white pixels).

KoolNoodles

Arcane
For those two there's probably no way, but you can change the bitmap files (tga) to be darker (just don't touch the white pixels).

Yeah, I thought about running it through a photoshop filter, and just might.

Infinitum

Scholar
So, whilst waiting for Tien I actually played my test games. Allow me to show you what you won't be up against this time around :despair:

FCaKqUi.png

Decent scales on a dormant Super Commander chassis! Flying! Awe! Recuperation! Tits! Smack a Vine shield and some light armour on her and she's at neutral encumbrance after a summon earthpower. Gets Personal Regeneration and Flying Shield at Ench 2. She even gets freespawn and combat casting to fuck with enemy scripting ffs. Also gets respawned indefinetly at the cost of some 120 research points and 20-ish gems for minimal effective equipment. And to top it off I just realized Uruk can not realistically get Earth 2 mages for boots without her! And, if this is not ludicrous enough she can be empowered further ingame without risk of pathloss. All this in a stylish nekkid wymen package flipping the twin birds to the world because why the fuck not. She even gets the faction discount oh my god. I knew I should've sperged more pregame..

Last edited:

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry, it went to my spam folder for some reason. Anyway, turn submitted.

Also, the absolute state of independent militaries:
capturing.jpg

Not quite ready for this lot, though:
Indies.jpg

Last edited:

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Not quite ready for this lot, though:

Agesilaus - I have enhanced, zoomed, reflected off the bonnet from 150m away used satellite triangulation technology to determine your IP address.

Now I'm going to build a GUI in visual basic and fuk u up m8

aq4EQX8.jpg

You can't escape
portrait-young-nerd-18637647.jpg

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hey guys, I killed some Militia.

Yay me.

Good to know where Tien is, though, and that they went for a Sacred-heavy build.

Tits! All this in a stylish nekkid wymen package flipping the twin birds to the world because why the fuck not. She even gets the faction discount oh my god.

You already show much promise in the field of Dominions priorities. It's a nice build, and again Uruk can risk combat SC Pretenders while others cannot.

It would be kinda hard to kill on turn 12, yeh.

mondblut

Arcane
I played a test game and something feels unhealthy about dominion spread in Dom5. By simply spamming temples everywhere my armies go, I managed to domkill several large and healthy nations whose capitals were quite far from my borders. By now everything is under my dominion except for a small 10-province patch where Pelagia still holds. Just in past turn the other remaining nation was snuffed out after a couple more temples were built and a couple of targeted attacks at their unprotected temples, and 2 turns before that, 2 nations expired at once, including the third strongest.

Never noticed dominion spread being that aggressive in previous games, short of spamming wishes for dominion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom